GDFL Geelong & District Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sick of hearing this blokes name. Let's be realistic, what has he achieved ?? a Mathieson. He pumps his own tryes up & to be honest dosen't back it up. I'm not here to stir the s**t, but honestly I've watched him play probably 30 times & he either A) Chases arse or B) gets tagged & goes missing or sheepdogs. He thrives off his own reputation which, lets be honest, there is a ton of better footballers going around. Sorry if I have upset any of Rick's posse, but that's how it is.
O'Toole has been a standout in the competition for a number of years so I think you are being a bit harsh on both his personal achievements and his ability to play consistent football. Can't remember Ricky pumping his own tyres up but i do tend to agree that the crappy gdfl media have an obsession with him, but you can hardly blame O'Toole for this.

O'Toole has been a standout in the competition for a number of years so I think you are being a bit harsh on both his personal achievements and his ability to play consistent football. Can't remember Ricky pumping his own tyres up but i do tend to agree that the crappy gdfl media have an obsession with him, but you can hardly blame O'Toole for this.
Well put mate,I have seen a bit of centrals corio games over the years since i hung up the boots,and to be honest i cant remember a day where he has been tagged out of a game and centrals teams five years ago were very strong sides.He has the hip strength like not many others and can use the ball better than any other in wet conditions.great player.just got stuck in a dumb ass footy side that because of poor discipline never go anywhere.

Well put mate,I have seen a bit of centrals corio games over the years since i hung up the boots,and to be honest i cant remember a day where he has been tagged out of a game and centrals teams five years ago were very strong sides.He has the hip strength like not many others and can use the ball better than any other in wet conditions.great player.just got stuck in a dumb ass footy side that because of poor discipline never go anywhere.

yeah fair enough, maybe it is the media's fault & maybe he should be have been playing a higher standard all along.

Local media is just made up of mates.One wonders at the standard of reporting and rumors thrown around on air.
it's pathetic really. some of the coming outa of the gdfl media is truly embarassing. it would be handy if they actually employed someone who knows even a little bit about the game.

it's pathetic really. some of the coming outa of the gdfl media is truly embarassing. it would be handy if they actually employed someone who knows even a little bit about the game.
it would be handy if they actually employed someone who knows even a little bit about the game.

Or journalism for that matter!

Have heard that Dan Gibbs has decided not to retire and has accepted an assistant coaching role at Nth Shore next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm so sick of hearing this blokes name. Let's be realistic, what has he achieved ?? a Mathieson. He pumps his own tryes up & to be honest dosen't back it up. I'm not here to stir the s**t, but honestly I've watched him play probably 30 times & he either A) Chases arse or B) gets tagged & goes missing or sheepdogs. He thrives off his own reputation which, lets be honest, there is a ton of better footballers going around. Sorry if I have upset any of Rick's posse, but that's how it is.
must have s**t in ur eye's, best player in geelong, name the ton of other's

Hardly a sheepdog I seen him clean up 3 at the Eureka one nite you werent one of them were you???;) name the ton who are better none in history in this league

Hardly a sheepdog I seen him clean up 3 at the Eureka one nite you werent one of them were you???;) name the ton who are better none in history in this league
Not taking anything away from Rick but surely Trotter would have to be pretty close to him if not better for league dominance over long period

must have s**t in ur eye's, best player in geelong, name the ton of other's

Not taking anything away from Rick but surely Trotter would have to be pretty close to him if not better for league dominance over long period

Everyone knows "a best player" last decade etc... Just like you cant compare Greg Williams with Tony Lockett or Gary Ablett. But Ricky deserves a bit of respect, he started as a 16 yo at snr level at St Joeys in 1993 kicking 8 goals in his 3rd or 4th game, thats now 17 years ago and he has been consistent throughout his career. Has Trotter ventured out of GDFL?

Everyone knows "a best player" last decade etc... Just like you cant compare Greg Williams with Tony Lockett or Gary Ablett. But Ricky deserves a bit of respect, he started as a 16 yo at snr level at St Joeys in 1993 kicking 8 goals in his 3rd or 4th game, thats now 17 years ago and he has been consistent throughout his career. Has Trotter ventured out of GDFL?
as i said im not taking anything away from Rick just stating that there are other players that have played at a constant level of footy for a long time

as i said im not taking anything away from Rick just stating that there are other players that have played at a constant level of footy for a long time
Has anyone heard much on BPH to date? How are they shaping up as far as losses and gains of players?

Well it certainly looks as though the lads on here have ruffled your feathers Rick, as we all know your alias is GDFL Guru.
Now for mine, I think that the critics are being harsh as I do rate you highly as a player. Although you demand that your side plays through you, you do deliver majority of the time.
For mine in the the GDFL of the past decade, definitely in my top 3.

I hope that puts you at ease champ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back