GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
REPORTS FROM ST MARYS V NORTH SHORE

Brett VanDerVliet North Shore Seniors 26/06/2010 Threatening Language to an Umpire 28/06/2010 7.00pm

David Clarke St Mary's Seniors 26/06/2010 Striking 28/06/2010 7.00pm

Dylan Watt North Shore Seniors 26/06/2010 Forceful Front on contact 28/06/2010 7.30pm

Christopher Parker North Shore Seniors 26/06/2010 Threatening Language to an Umpire 28/06/2010 8.15pm

Christopher Parker North Shore Seniors 26/06/2010 Striking 28/06/2010 8.15pm

Anyone know how Parker went?? the other were reported in the Addy

Don't be surprised if Sutterby is gone from Newtown within the next couple of weeks. Apparently is friendless at the club and alienating players each week. It will be him or most of the players so I think they know who they will get rid of.

You better be careful with rumors like that, they have a nasty habit of popping up in the Addy. Then the club denies it etc, then they bag internet forums, get the picture.

Whilst not having a great season i see no point in sacking a coach at this stage of the year, it will achieve nothing and make Newtown look bad. Just let him go at the end of the season and move on if you have to get rid of the coach.

Well this thread is slowly going the way of the buffalo... Come on lads whats happening??

Anyway after a promosing 5 week spell in which Grovey were very competetive and won 3 on the trot the last 2 games have been nothing short of dreadful. Leopold should've won by closer to 80 points instead of the final margain of 49 points.

The tiges were woeful in all aspects of the game yesterday but the most disappointing part of the past 2 weeks has been the players attitude. The just seemed like they didnt give a rats arse about anything.

Great to see Lara finally beat a decent side and deserve there spot in the 5 for the time being. Also keeping Joeys out is great and hopefully come round 18 the boys from Drew reserve will be able to book in there end of season trip!!

TF i am sure you have seen Peter Daveports comments in the Addy, he said he wants to beat Grovedale more than any other team in the GFL. Should be an interesting game this week.

TF i am sure you have seen Peter Daveports comments in the Addy, he said he wants to beat Grovedale more than any other team in the GFL. Should be an interesting game this week.

Yep seen the comments and Pete actually thinks he's got a better side than Grovey and expects to win this week. If we play with the spirit and attitude of the past 2 games then St Albans will beat us easily.

It's a big week up at Burdoo this wknd with the past players day on and with the BFL having the week off, all the old boys from Anglesea and Modda will be in attendence, so hopefully the tiges will go back to playing how they were before the last 2 rounds..

On the Sutterby issuse i'd be very very suprised if he was given the arse before the end of the season. You'd expect him to go tho as they've been a huge disappointment this year.

Yep should be very interesting at burdoo Drive...I beleive the game will be videod very closely..given comments that have been heard around the place

Yep should be very interesting at burdoo Drive...I beleive the game will be videod very closely..given comments that have been heard around the place

The game or just Davenport? I think by the sounds of things he is fired up for this game and could come out very hard!

To start a bit of discussion im going to do my team of the year to date

B M Barker (sb) D Lovick (stj) N Peoples (ns)
HB R Condy (new) A.McLean (sm) J Sheringham (bp)
C J Shannahan (La) M Buchanan (col) J Thomson (leo)
HF K Bourke (leo) S Stavenuiter (sb) J. Graham (bp)
F A Donohue (gro) A Jones (s.a) D Carson (stj)
R Ja Walker (leo) P Sullivan (sb) D Clarke (sm)
Int B Armstrong (bp) C Bauer (stj) L Buckland (sb) M Miller (Leo)

Shannahan and Thompson are the couple of suprise packets so to speak, both have had fantastic years and i think they deserve there spot in the side, The other guys I think are genuine.

Any thoughts? have i missed anyone or put someone in that shouldnt be in there?

My side is probably irrelevent as i have only gone on best players alot of the time and what i hear because i dont watch every game

Ron watt has been doing some recruiting down Geelong way for the shore boys as I said a few post ago if milburn doesn't re-sign he will be there next year aswell. I'm sure Ronny will be looking at a few others for next aswell. It can only help the kids out that way and got to be good for local footy

Ron watt has been doing some recruiting down Geelong way for the shore boys as I said a few post ago if milburn doesn't re-sign he will be there next year aswell. I'm sure Ronny will be looking at a few others for next aswell. It can only help the kids out that way and got to be good for local footy

I agree to a certain extent and it's good publicity but only a quick fix. There is no real solution to their problems other than smart recruitment and pushing the kids. Recruiting ex-AFL players for one or two years tops before they retire altogether is not a long-term viability.

not a bad side, but you have got to be kidding with walker. just because he is tall does not make him any good

To start a bit of discussion im going to do my team of the year to date

Shannahan and Thompson are the couple of suprise packets so to speak, both have had fantastic years and i think they deserve there spot in the side, The other guys I think are genuine.

Any thoughts? have i missed anyone or put someone in that shouldnt be in there?

My side is probably irrelevent as i have only gone on best players alot of the time and what i hear because i dont watch every game[/quote]

my sources tell me that a camera will be focused on a certain player for the whole game

my sources tell me that a camera will be focused on a certain player for the whole game

Grovey tape most games as far as im aware. Would be a slight over reaction tho if the camera was centered on Pete all game, He's not an idiot and he'd surely know that umpires will be onto him from the 1st bounce. Would be good to see a bit of biffo on saturday tho:thumbsu:

Not a bad side. Surely Clarke as rover instead of Tim Sheringham is a typo??. Agree with go longer about Walker... The bloke is a spud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Barwon have a clearance pending for Shaun Taylor from Western Border League - I believe he won B&F for Millicent in U18 in 2006 - anyone know more?

Yes, its a terrible drop.. Plus i refuse to watch local finals at skilled stadium and Grovey wont be there anyway so ive got no interest.

Also does anyone agree that the standard of footy from the sides outside of the top 5 has dropped big time in the past couple seasons??
Also does anyone agree that the standard of footy from the sides outside of the top 5 has dropped big time in the past couple seasons??

Also why "this thread is going the way of the buffalo". The games are so predictable, the discussions are the same, the tipping on radio is the same from everyone (curtain raisers(!)).Same with the Bellarine.same five teams will finish the season.

1. Bell Park 40 160%
  2. South Barwon 36 165%
  3. St Mary's 36 152%
  4. Leopold 32 146%
  5. Lara 32 109%
  6. St Joey's 28 124%
Leopold v St Joeys (H)
v St Albans (A)
v Newtown (H)
v Lara (A)
v South Barwon (A)
v St Mary's (H)
v Bell Park (H)

Lara v St Mary's (A)
v North Shore (A)
v Bell Park (H)
v Leopold (H)
v Newtown (A)
v GWSP (A)
v St Joey's (H)

St Joey's v Leopold
(A)
v Newtown (H)
v GWSP (A)
v South Barwon (H)
v Bell Park (H)
v Colac (A)
v Lara (A)

What do people think the final 5 will be?

I think Leopold, Lara and Joey's may all finish on 44 points. Top spot will go to the winner of Bell Park and South Barwon this week.
Top five in no particular order:
Bell Park
South Barwon
St Mary's
Leopold
Lara

Joey's are too arrogant for sh*t to ever hit the fan there. They are full of excuses when really they just cannot fathom that the rest of the league detest them and half the blokes there aren't happy & they're not as good a team as they think they are. Families are whinging about them not giving any kids a go (which they never will while Hovey's there) He is only interested in winning. He doesn't give a f** what happens to the club after his contract expires. I heard one of the Carson's isnt happy but the brothers want to either stay or move together so that may be interesting next season.
Another disgrunted chappy is Hovey from Pold. Wanted to go to drysdale, they talked him into staying, put him in the 1's till clearances date past, now he's back in the 2's. Can anyone believe the score from BP v's SB game? WTF happened to South?

Joey's are too arrogant for sh*t to ever hit the fan there. They are full of excuses when really they just cannot fathom that the rest of the league detest them and half the blokes there aren't happy & they're not as good a team as they think they are. Families are whinging about them not giving any kids a go (which they never will while Hovey's there) He is only interested in winning. He doesn't give a f** what happens to the club after his contract expires. I heard one of the Carson's isnt happy but the brothers want to either stay or move together so that may be interesting next season.
Another disgrunted chappy is Hovey from Pold. Wanted to go to drysdale, they talked him into staying, put him in the 1's till clearances date past, now he's back in the 2's. Can anyone believe the score from BP v's SB game? WTF happened to South?

Bell Park undoubted favourites now. Though I'm not writing off Sth Barwon, their last three weeks have been as bad as I can recall in recent memory; should have lost to GWSP, lost to Lara and smashed by Bell Park. Are they becoming fallible?

Bell Park undoubted favourites now. Though I'm not writing off Sth Barwon, their last three weeks have been as bad as I can recall in recent memory; should have lost to GWSP, lost to Lara and smashed by Bell Park. Are they becoming fallible?
can anyone explain SB's low score agst. BP? its strange when the two top sides meet and there is such a disparity in the scores. One would have thought it would be much closer than what it was. Hopefully SB will bounce back in two weeks time.

can anyone explain SB's low score agst. BP? its strange when the two top sides meet and there is such a disparity in the scores. One would have thought it would be much closer than what it was. Hopefully SB will bounce back in two weeks time.

Well the Bell park ground isn't in the greatest of knick and they still have a few missing are the 2 things i can think of that maybe back up there poor form, they have grovey after the bye im sure they will bounce back with all there players coming back and smash them by 100+ because Grovedale have nearly hit rock bottom.

Well the Bell park ground isn't in the greatest of knick and they still have a few missing are the 2 things i can think of that maybe back up there poor form, they have grovey after the bye im sure they will bounce back with all there players coming back and smash them by 100+ because Grovedale have nearly hit rock bottom.

Yep, dont know what happened to South on the weekend but they should thump Grovedale. I got down to watch Grovedale V St Albans on the weekend and they were terrible, it was a very ordinary game of football. The coach came across as he had given up at 3 quarter time and was lost for answers as to why they were playing so poorly which must be a big worry!

I was at the Grovey game as well and was looking forward to seeing young Donohue in action, as I'd heard plenty about him. The kid didn't fire a shot and barely looked interested (mind you he wasn't on his own there). Looked to be a very important day at Burdoo with Waldron's 200th and the past players day, yet the 22 on the field didn't seem to think so given the effort shown !!!
One question Tim F might be able to answer.......having more knowledge of the situation out there, has the coach lost the players ???

P.S. the bundy promo girls were the only shining light on a dull day.

i was at the grovey game as well and was looking forward to seeing young donohue in action, as i'd heard plenty about him. The kid didn't fire a shot and barely looked interested (mind you he wasn't on his own there). Looked to be a very important day at burdoo with waldron's 200th and the past players day, yet the 22 on the field didn't seem to think so given the effort shown !!!
One question tim f might be able to answer.......having more knowledge of the situation out there, has the coach lost the players ???

p.s. The bundy promo girls were the only shining light on a dull day.
agreed!

Quite ammusing to see that Harvey Wallbanger kept the Tigers out on the ground at half time doing drills. He must be regretting the early comments and had them mixed up with"3 wins" instead of "top 3".
Was an extremely gutted coach after the game, however a non appearance in the rooms afterwards was duly noted.
Where are you Mr Finnigan? You need to update the faithful.
Donohue, ordinary, Bundy Girls, pimply and large gluteus maximus'. Hardly would have crawled over broken glass for em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back