GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It may be the same bloke. I think he was playing at Blackburn in Melb most recently

Well for what I heard about this next Tommy Gun at the Saints is he played 2 games in the Seniors at Frankston & 12 Games in the Two's. Which he kicked a massive 2 GOALS from CHF, so he will kill it at GFL level. Great pick up for us at the Super Saints.Look forward to see how many games we win next year. :confused:

You can lock in Cavedon for St Albans.

The other Question that was funny in the paper this week from Grant Maher, was that our club had signed 19 out of 25 players.??? Which I found hard to get my head around, when we have lost alot of them to local clubs & Gun players going back to Melbourne because of Coaching Staff gone now. Some Players leaving because of money still owed by the club. :eek:

Does anyone know who won GFL Rookie of the Year and/or who nominations were - I know Lara nominated Brandon Howarth from Leopold.

Any truth in that Jake Roberts who played for Leopold in 2010 and Belmont in 2009 has signed at Inverleigh for 2011 season? Also what is happening at Grovedale have they got a coach? and is there old coach still going to court about his coaching contract? Just interested to know what is happening up there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kevin bourke from leopold won the rookie of the year.

also heard the big name st joseph's are chasing for coach is russell robertson. can only assume he would be playing as well.

Robertson has the job if he wants it. Was apparently to give them an answer yesterday but they extended it to Tuesday for him. Club is bending over backwards to get him

Another inspired move by Joeys. Money tree must be bigger than I thought. The amount of cash he would command would be outrageous.

Another inspired move by Joeys. Money tree must be bigger than I thought. The amount of cash he would command would be outrageous.
He was on around 2k a match at Shepp Swans. One of three or four players who were on more than 1k there though. He wants media exposure though and I'm not sure if Joeys could help him in that department.

He was on around 2k a match at Shepp Swans. One of three or four players who were on more than 1k there though. He wants media exposure though and I'm not sure if Joeys could help him in that department.
Umm, Anthony Mithen is on the coaching selection panel so I wouldn't have thought that media exposure would be a problem. $2000 x 20 = $40,000 as a player.

Umm, Anthony Mithen is on the coaching selection panel so I wouldn't have thought that media exposure would be a problem. $2000 x 20 = $40,000 as a player.

Just reading the Addy it said that he couldnt even train last year. I would be staggered if Joey got a coach who was not there for both training nights especially at his $$. This will be an interesting one.

Just reading the Addy it said that he couldnt even train last year. I would be staggered if Joey got a coach who was not there for both training nights especially at his $$. This will be an interesting one.

Geelong's probably a bit more of an easier commute for someone in Melbourne to commit to as compared to Shepp.

Having said that, if someone can't commit to driving down to Geelong 3-4 times a week for that kind of money they aren't worth it no matter who they are.

Mitho is connected with Channel Nine and K-Rock. I don't think Robbo is big enough for Channel Nine (after all, he is battling on a one hour segmant on One HD) and K-Rock wouldn't be paying the big bucks and has limited audience compared to other Melbourne radio stations. He will find it hard to coach/play and fulfil his media commitments due to limited opportunities in the media.

Didnt it say in the paper that he flys up to Sydney each thursday for work? Would be very suprised if anyone signed a coach who couldn't make it to thursday night training. Having said that, Joeys have always been all show and no go, so a move like this from them wouldn't be that suprising!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back