news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Battle of the bridesmaids announced: Edgar vs Faber. Good fight. Reckon Edgar takes it by decision.

I think Frankie will take this. He's fighting a guy who's a similar size and has a similar skill set and he's beaten much bigger guys with similar skill sets previously. I think it will be competetive, but Frankie will use his wrestling to take a decision.

Lol wat. Wanna get Cormier up for that Jones rematch quick smart.
Bader's ranked what.. 5th? Just beat Davis so it's about right. Guss will get a similar ranked fight.. Hopefully. Then if they both win, they'll fight each other for another title shot.

Not to suggest this matchup is an even fight, Bader should get dominated.. But probably not finished.

Cormier vs Bader booked for Fight night 68.
Lol
Lol wat. Wanna get Cormier up for that Jones rematch quick smart.
Yep 2nd'lol'd.

Not sure how Bader is ranked so high but if he gets the wins he should get the fights with higher guys too.

I think it might be a case of careful what you wish for with this fight for Bader. Great opponent for DC, gets a high ranked guy who he's a class above in every area bar striking power & we saw in the Jones fight the chin he has.

Bader's chin however.......zzzzzzzzzz

Yeah the LHW division has shallowed up as of late, pretty weak after the top 3-4

Agreed, chuckled a bit when you said he'd be top 5. He is 6th behind Rashad... WTF. Dominate champions have a way of thinning the ranks. Though I wouldn't be opposed to a Belfort/Machida vs Jones rematch.

Now that I think of it, I'd love Bader to get passed Cormier and have a rematch with Jones, would be a funny flashback considering they were both the future when they met all those years ago but how their careers have taken dramatically different paths.

I think it might be a case of careful what you wish for with this fight for Bader. Great opponent for DC, gets a high ranked guy who he's a class above in every area bar striking power & we saw in the Jones fight the chin he has.

Bader's chin however.......zzzzzzzzzz

I don't know about that... Cormier can seriously crack. And on the chin comparison, I wouldn't hold up withstanding all Jones has to throw as evidence DC has a good chin. Jones is amazing, but he's not a heavy hitter outside of his hellbows on the ground. To me, DC's a lot like Jones was early on in that he's been so dominant in his fights that his chin hasn't been tested too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Frankie will take this. He's fighting a guy who's a similar size and has a similar skill set and he's beaten much bigger guys with similar skill sets previously. I think it will be competetive, but Frankie will use his wrestling to take a decision.

Fabers speed will help him, should be a belter fight.

Fully expect DC to destroy and Faber to choke out edgar...Probably wont choke him out but will win :)

Now that I think of it, I'd love Bader to get passed Cormier and have a rematch with Jones, would be a funny flashback considering they were both the future when they met all those years ago but how their careers have taken dramatically different paths.

Yeah I remember that fight, was a big build up for sure. I can't see Bader beating Cormier though, pretty sure Cormier will muscle him against the cage and it won't be very exciting and win an easy decision.

Fabers speed will help him, should be a belter fight.

I think he'll definitely have a speed and probably a submission advantage, but Frankie is better pretty much everywhere else I think. Faber's savvy and skilled enough to make it a good fight though and like you I can't wait to see it.

Cub can't wrestle for s**t though, and his takedown defence has always been woeful. Faber and the Alpha fail guys on the other hand..
He won't take down Frankie and Frankie's boxing is too good for Faber. Faber's wrestling really helped against Rivera...
Frankie will win 50-45 imo

He won't take down Frankie and Frankie's boxing is too good for Faber. Faber's wrestling really helped against Rivera...
Frankie will win 50-45 imo
I don't think he'd even bother trying to take down Frankie, I think both these guys would respect each others wrestling abilities and use their wrestling purely in reverse to keep the fight standing, where I think Faber has the advantage with Speed. Frankie's always been a slugger. I think he'll win despite the speed disadvantage.. I'm just not sure how, to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back