Mega Thread General Seven Discussion (Hate) 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

In wa we did not get the blues vs dons game live only on delay @1:30 wst.WHY???? The eagles game is starting 5:30 wst.Channel ten would have shown it L-I-V-E.

Last nights game freo vs saints.Even after a big win for freo the commentators couldn't muster eny(sp) really positive comments in the post game show.Matthews was the worst of them all.It was like the commentators were just trying to be nice us.

Pretty much what everyone else is saying here. Too many close-ups, deciding to show replays when play is going on etc...etc...but, what is with the front on close-ups of players? They're running with the ball in their defensive 50, and the closest opposition player could be 3m away or 40m away...we don't know until they zoom out again. Nor do you really have much idea of exactly where they are on the ground (towards the boundary, near the middle etc.)

Selfish Seven not exactly teeming with information

It's not often that I find myself in front of a TV at 6pm on a Thursday.
But last week I was in that position and remembered that Channel 7 – you know, the one that loves footy – has the exclusive rights to release that most basic of football fodder – the line-ups for the weekend games.
Those of us old enough can remember back to a childhood when, as football-mad kids, we would listen to the radio on a Thursday night to hear the ins, outs and line-ups as read by Ron Casey and Lou Richards on 3DB at 9pm.
Then came the iconic League Teams on Seven. Those of us who were in our teens and early 20s by then would chortle away when we arrived home from a few beers after football training.
For many years after Lou, Bob Davis and Jack Dyer departed our screens there were various forms of broadcasting the teams.
I know from a Seven staffer that a suggestion was made in the late 1980s to revive the Thursday night show at an earlier time in the evening and add a touch of comedy. That idea was dismissed as retro and past its use-by date.
In 1994, Channel 9 ran with the concept when raised within its four walls and The Footy Show remains strong to this day.

http://www.insidefootballonline.com/holmesby.html

I haven't watched many games this year, but the commentary on the Sydney v North game was quite poor.

On several occasions I was left with no idea of who was involved in a particular passage of play because they were too busy going on with their banter to call the events. The snide digs at Kirk were also unnecessary and not entertaining at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if there is a you tube video of Bruce's call...i think it was the second of Lewis Jetta's goals. Definitely blew a load there. BTW - I love Bruce :thumbsu:

Stuff the people that don't have Fox. If they're too tight to pay for Foxtel then more fool them

Ever considered people don't have $60 bucks a week to fork out for foxtel, they should be entitled to decent, LIVE, football coverage without having to pay for it.

Ever considered people don't have $60 bucks a week to fork out for foxtel, they should be entitled to decent, LIVE, football coverage without having to pay for it.

Lucky they only have to fork out less than a quarter of that then isn't it?

It's $1.97 a day.

Buy one less coffee, or a slightly cheaper meal, don't buy that drivel that is the HUN, or even just ask to 'borrow' 2 bucks from a different mate at work each day.

Anyone who can afford an internet connection to bitch about not having Foxtel can afford it if they want to.

P.s. I actually don't have it, just the constant bitching annoys me.

agree. i'm going to have a hell of a time trying to justify it to myself over summer. i can't really afford it.

but i wouldn't be without it for the AFL and NRL.

maybe One will stop showing NFL and i'll be able to feel good about it...

If anyone is paying $60/week for Foxtel then they are an idiot plain and simple.

I'm paying $72/month for basic, sports and iQ, and there's a basic + sport deal going for $50/month atm (as mentioned earlier). Money well spent just for the sport.

Also, people with just FTA are getting decent live football coverage - 4 games (of which 3 are generally live) for free is a great deal for those too tight to fork out the pittance it costs to get Foxtel.

Wasnt part of the new TV rights deal that 7 showed all their games LIVE?

Sorry if this is an obvious answer. But I was pretty sure that was in the TV deal.

Not sure if serious or sarcastic
I am serious. I love Bruce, Den and BT.
I do note this thread has the word 'hate' in brackets in the title, but I actually think 7 is doing a good job. Having said that however, I also have Fox footy so I never switch to Channel 7 itself for 3 reasons. 1. Quality of Fox Footy HD is slightly better, 2. No breaks between goals (and 7 have started talking again which is good). 3. I can rewind a great mark, goal etc (using Foxtel iq).

But I have no beef with the Channel 7 commentators. Dwayne Russel on the other hand....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back