Mega Thread General Seven Discussion (Hate) 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I am dumbfounded that the most popular game in the country isn't broadcast in HD by those morons at Ch 7. It is disgraceful.

Fox Soccer Plus (USA) has the Gee v Hawks on now, and it is typical Ch 7 rubbish. They had the WC v Melb game the other night (from Foxtel feed) and it looked brilliant.

I thought last night's opening ' Friday the 13th with Dennis Cometti ' with the thriller music was very corny !

Last nights coverage was woeful. Too many zoomed in shots. To many slow motion replays and way to many centre bounces were missed because they like to jam in a replay after there ad break when there isn't time.

Ball ins where missed. There was one camera operator that had a fairly deep zoom, and he couldn't keep up with the ball. And can someone remind channel seven there's a game of footy on, nobody cares about the cheer squads.

I am dumbfounded that the most popular game in the country isn't broadcast in HD by those morons at Ch 7. It is disgraceful.
The directive needs to come from the Federal government. The last round of anti-siphoning laws didn't go far enough in that they didn't say that the major sports had to be shown in high definition. That said, I'm not in favour of anti-siphoning laws.

Last nights coverage was woeful. Too many zoomed in shots. To many slow motion replays and way to many centre bounces were missed because they like to jam in a replay after there ad break when there isn't time.

Ball ins where missed. There was one camera operator that had a fairly deep zoom, and he couldn't keep up with the ball. And can someone remind channel seven there's a game of footy on, nobody cares about the cheer squads.

Exactly. They just don't get it, and I wish one of the journos would put the hard word on channel 7. Only zoom in when you have to, which is far less often than what they are doing now. And stop waiting a couple seconds then going to a replay when it's obvious you are going to miss a kick out, throw in, ball up, etc. This is real amateur stuff.

We've been getting 4 games live each weekend on 7Mate up here in Sydney since the beginning of this season. which means the late nights for Fri night and Sat night replays are over. That's a great arrangement.

The s**t side is that two of those four matches must be the SYD and GWS games. Obviously, I'm happy at watching the Swans, but one of these games is an uncompetitive Giants outfit which will be copping floggings more often than not. What a waste.

To compound this in Rd 3, tonight we'll be getting the GC vs ESS match. So 2 of our 4 games up here this week are guaranteed drubbings. Surely, considering we're already compulsory subjected to one uncompetitive match a week, the powers that be at 7 could've scheduled the WB vs STK match up here?

The current GWS or GC outfits in prime time are not a great advertisement for the game in Sydney.

EDIT: Great game choice, C7. Well done. :eek:

Just on the 'zoom' thing.

Last year C7 changed the way their number 2 camera works - it is now far more zoomed 'out' than Fox or C10. To compensate, all the ground cameras seem to be trying to get as close as possible.

Both mistaken decisions, methinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie McGuire summed it up well when commentating for foxtel last night. "We'll show you a replay of that when there's a break in the game".

FFS 7 stop showing replays when the ball is still in general play. I can think of at least 3 goals from the Tigers and Melbourne match that were completely missed because 7 were showing a replay.

Dennis commetti and his stupid itunes ad. Yeah real funny you arent up with technology and cant pronounce itunes properly. Fck even my grandma has heard of itunes and shes 91.

I think they've missed about 6 centre-bounces in today's game showing replays. IT's pathetic. And their stupid slow-mo is so ****ing slow that it takes forever just to show about 2seconds of real-time action.

**** you Seven.

Schwarz is a dumbass

"Tex Walker just completely missed the ball, disgraceful"

Yea, that or he shepherded Gibson out of the way and set up a goal. Then goes on about it for a good two minutes.

Viewing football could be improved 1000% if the home viewer had the option to choose the camera view they want. I'd have it zoomed OUT for the majority of the game, but would like control over whether I wanted to see a replay, or a view down the ground, or a view of the bench or coaches boxes.

The vast majority of times that the camera is zoomed in, it shouldn't be. It adds little to my viewing enjoyment, what it usually does is annoy me.

So far we've only missed one goal because of a replay, which is actually an improvement on their normal work.

**** me they're morons there at Channel 7.

I must agree with you 100% brain dead ****s ,missing goals , centre bounces , throw ins , very often due to replay's is pathetic .
Who is this ****ing *ed director of the football telecasts ?
It took a long time for me to get on seven's back because I can remember how great their football telecast's and even Golf telecast's back in the 80's early 90's were . The golf telecast was the best in the world !
Now they are ****ed :(
We need the name of the director and bag the s**t out of him .

Viewing football could be improved 1000% if the home viewer had the option to choose the camera view they want. I'd have it zoomed OUT for the majority of the game, but would like control over whether I wanted to see a replay, or a view down the ground, or a view of the bench or coaches boxes.

The vast majority of times that the camera is zoomed in, it shouldn't be. It adds little to my viewing enjoyment, what it usually does is annoy me.

That would be brilliant. Since going to the footy frequently, I've become increasingly annoyed at how zoomed in the cameras of the broadcast are. Yeah, you've got a great view of the bloke with the footy but have absolutely no idea of what's happening anywhere else on the ground.

It's nigh on impossible to get an idea of a team's structures and gameplans watching on the tele. The option of a constant feed from a camera at level 2/level 3 would be the biggest improvement in sports broadcast since ever.

It's nigh on impossible to get an idea of a team's structures and gameplans watching on the tele. The option of a constant feed from a camera at level 2/level 3 would be the biggest improvement in sports broadcast since ever.

The best view, and most expensive seating, at the MCG and Etihad is Level 2, hence the TV camera should mimic that. Like you said, you want to see structures, you want to see if forwards are running to the wings, or defenders are running out for a receive. Of maybe there's a free man in the middle. Can't tell any of these things when the camera is locked on a player's nostril.

If you're sitting on the flanks or the wing, the view is great when the ball is anywhere remotely near your seat. What TV can do and should do is enable the ball to appear that way when it is actually up the other end or other side of the ground. Yet they insist on zooming in which is unnecessary, and many times, the ball is out of camera. Imagine if they employed the same tactics for soccer, and thus every pass would be a mystery because you wouldn't know who was making space until the pass was actually made.

I don't know why Fox stopped doing the Active games that let you choose the camera angles and even the audio (commentary, or field audio). It was really good being able to watch the wide view camera angles.

I wonder if 7 could screen Friday Night exclusively live but had to screen it in HD they would. I think that they should especially given that 7mate shows the V8s so, surely they could simulcast the Friday Night game.

Turfy was getting pretty fired up about it with KB and rightfully so but if I'm a 7 executive I would be thinking that if people wanted HD they could go to Fox Footy. I guess what I'm getting at is that if I was 7 executive I would have wanted the Friday Night game to be exclusively live but I guarantee of putting in HD. They are though still winning all the weekends so, it is still probably money well spent. I also do watch the games through FoxFooty most of the time just putting on an executives head. It's the AFL's fault.

I wonder if 7 could screen Friday Night exclusively live but had to screen it in HD they would. I think that they should especially given that 7mate shows the V8s so, surely they could simulcast the Friday Night game.

Turfy was getting pretty fired up about it with KB and rightfully so but if I'm a 7 executive I would be thinking that if people wanted HD they could go to Fox Footy. I guess what I'm getting at is that if I was 7 executive I would have wanted the Friday Night game to be exclusively live but I guarantee of putting in HD. They are though still winning all the weekends so, it is still probably money well spent. I also do watch the games through FoxFooty most of the time just putting on an executives head. It's the AFL's fault.

Only when they clash with something on 7, which is great. But when they don't the V8s are on normal 7 with s**t SD.

Same thing 9 do with the cricket. We get 90% of the play in s**t SD, but then when they go to the news or for the neutral games in the tri-series we get HD on GEM and it looks heaps better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back