General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Very strong pre-season performance tonight by the Melbourne Victory. They look very settled and dangerous. Definitely the team to beat in 15/16.

Yep Victory seems to have strengthened well, even with the loss of Milligan. I think that City might be the only challenger this year but WSW could surprise.

The Roar - well it seems we are stuck with the Bakries for the year now, could be a disaster of a season crowd wise, can only hope that a few early wins will see some of the fans return. Membership numbers are very bad at the moment with the Roar brand trashed.

Apparently we have an international signing to replace Brattan :cry: but our season will hinge on the group of young Aussies in Borrello, Brady and Clut which has the potential to be very exciting.

Sometimes sport shows it has a sense of humour. Beating England in the game it invented, knocking it out of the tournament it is hosting, is one such moment.

Even more hilarious when an English player gets man of the match

Even more hilarious when an English player gets man of the match
Wait, what? I watched that game. IMO Pocock (several great ruck turnovers), Foley (obviously) or whoever was anchoring our scrum would be miles ahead of anyone in white.

Alistair Cook has just batted in this innings for longer than the entire test at Trent Bridge in this years Ashes

IndiaTv6991e8_broad1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think Rousey's career (as an icon anyway) will recover. Absolutely brutally exposed and so much of her marketing power was depended on her being an undefeated juggernaut. The UFC will be absolutely gutted by this.

untitled-18qtpue.gif

untitled-19mnryf.gif

Last edited:
Great fight, if Rousey wasn't so arrogant she would have made space instead of turning straight into the roundhouse kick. Holm and her range control was pure boxer. Rousey did her own head in from the weigh-in. I love Rhonda, but to make an actual division you can't have an unbeatable champ. Let's hope Holm fights Tate et al before they force the rematch to create some real strenghth in the division.

As a side note, there is 13kg the difference between strawweight and bantamweight... there are going to be a lot of talented girls that can't put the mass on to be competitive in such a huge gap between weight divisions.

Great fight, if Rousey wasn't so arrogant she would have made space instead of turning straight into the roundhouse kick.

Was mind boggling wasn't it. She just wanted to get her to the ground ASAP and paid the price. Looked so vulnerable while chasing Holm.

Game plan fail.

As a side note, there is 13kg the difference between strawweight and bantamweight... there are going to be a lot of talented girls that can't put the mass on to be competitive in such a huge gap between weight divisions.

For real? That's just crazy in women's ranks. Needs to be one or two more divisions in there.

For real? That's just crazy in women's ranks. Needs to be one or two more divisions in there.

I will double check, because I was drunk when I looked it up in the pub, and when I typed that last night so I will get back to you...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back