News General sports discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott and Day at Augusta will be well worth watching. If they're in the hunt on Sunday I may have to have a sickie that day.

Assuming Leishman will also qualify he could also be a chance as he has been in pretty good form too.

Unless you've met him I'm not sure how you can come to such a conclusion.

Yes he is arrogant and immature but let's not pretend as though that is unique in pro tennis or indeed pro sport as a whole.

And he has just won the tournament by one stroke from Sergio Garcia. :thumbsu:
Nah sorry. Having been what I consider eliteish in a few sports I know how to conduct myself and don,'t need to meet him to know a peacock.

I'm sick of the both of them. Tomic may have been right to call him out but it shouldn't have been done there. That's something that should happen behind closed doors.

Nick writing what he did was silly as well.

Why would Tomic be talking about it during a match. Shouldn't he be more concerned about the actual match.

Why would Tomic be talking about it during a match. Shouldn't he be more concerned about the actual match.
Because he was pissed off he'd showed up to play when the other peanut claimed to be injured.

No problem with him being annoyed about it but it just wasn't the right way to do it. Was just purely frustration from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he was pissed off he'd showed up to play when the other peanut claimed to be injured.

No problem with him being annoyed about it but it just wasn't the right way to do it. Was just purely frustration from him.
Just a weird place and time to bring up these issues. And the fact that he bought it up again at the press conference. Both are brats of the highest order anyway.

I was at the match - halfway through the third it looked like he'd had enough of the match and wanted to pack it in. Thought he was going to tank it to be honest, was surprised when he located his backbone and won the third set.

Watching the Matildas at the moment - man, those North Koreans are dirty players.

Yep. I feel for her a bit - she had been taking the drug for 10 years before it was placed on the banned list for the first time this year.

She's taken full responsibility and admitted she's done the wrong thing.

It certainly doesn't seem like she deliberately set out to cheat the system.

Yep. I feel for her a bit - she had been taking the drug for 10 years before it was placed on the banned list for the first time this year.

She's taken full responsibility and admitted she's done the wrong thing.

It certainly doesn't seem like she deliberately set out to cheat the system.

I don't feel for her at all, but I do agree it seems as though she did not deliberately set out to cheat.

As a pro athlete you are responsible for what goes into your body at all times. You have to be abreast of all changes, and she wasn't.

If what she says is true - that she received an email with the updated list of prohibited items but didn't read it - then she is simply incredibly naive, and as we've said all along with the Essendon saga, naivety is no excuse.

One thing I will commend her on is the way she has conducted herself here - straight away she has come out and taken full responsibility. She hasn't denied anything. She (seemingly) hasn't lied about anything or tried to delay the process unnecessarily. She hasn't tried to shift the blame or throw others under the bus. As an AFL fan that is so refreshing and a very welcome change from the way Essendon have conducted themselves over the past 3 or so years.

I don't feel for her at all, but I do agree it seems as though she did not deliberately set out to cheat.

As a pro athlete you are responsible for what goes into your body at all times. You have to be abreast of all changes, and she wasn't.

If what she says is true - that she received an email with the updated list of prohibited items but didn't read it - then she is simply incredibly naive, and as we've said all along with the Essendon saga, naivety is no excuse.

One thing I will commend her on is the way she has conducted herself here - straight away she has come out and taken full responsibility. She hasn't denied anything. She (seemingly) hasn't lied about anything or tried to delay the process unnecessarily. She hasn't tried to shift the blame or throw others under the bus. As an AFL fan that is so refreshing and a very welcome change from the way Essendon have conducted themselves over the past 3 or so years.
That's why I feel sympathetic. Yes it was incredibly naive but she hasn't tried to shift blame etc.

She's done the wrong thing, taken ownership and will accept the punishment. I can absolutely forgive her for that. It's unfortunate but she now has to take her fair whack.

I do feel a bit sorry for her in that she had been taking this medication for years, and just didn't read that email properly. But, as she said she's an athlete and she has ultimate responsibility for what goes in her body. Good on her for taking 100% responsibility.

Watch this space for sure.

If I was the richest sportswoman in the world I'd hire someone to read important emails for me and keep me abreast of WADA changes.

I was surprised to hear that she is the richest sportswoman in the world. I would have thought Serena would have had her well covered in that area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back