Travel General Travel Advice

Remove this Banner Ad

So, I'm 22, never been overseas and really have no idea where to start.

Everything about it has me worried really, flights, currency, accommodation. Is a travel agent the best place to start or should I be trying to research these sorts of things for myself?

Any general advice or tips on anything travel are appreciated.

If its your first time then go with a travel agent for atleast organising your flights and schedule. Booking accommodation yourself isn't as hard if you have some time to research and you know what you want to see and which part of the cities you know you need to stay in.

Be prepared going through customs of any country, i got caught going through customs my very first time at San Francisco cause i forgot to fill out a part of the form and the officer held me up for about 5 minutes asking me all types of questions which in hindsight wasn't too bad but at the time i could of done without the stress as it was my first time and i just wanted to get out as quick as i could.

Anyone here had any experience travelling light with carry-on only?

The idea of no baggage fees and not having to wait at the carousel appeals to me but I'm not sure it would be possible with how tight the carry-on restrictions are at the moment?

Anyone here had any experience travelling light with carry-on only?

The idea of no baggage fees and not having to wait at the carousel appeals to me but I'm not sure it would be possible with how tight the carry-on restrictions are at the moment?

I went away with a couple of mates during February through SE Asia and they both took carry-on only because they were flying with Jetstar. We were away for 4 weeks and they managed just fine. One friend took a Herschel Supply Co. classic backpack and managed to squeeze in everything though it was a tight fit and the other had a very small rucksack type bag. No matter where you are, you should find washing facilities in most places you go to so if you pack enough for 4-5 days then you should be fine.

However I will say that we didn't take much in the way of warm clothes (pants, or jumpers) so if you're headed to somewhere with some cold weather then you'll have to be a bit more selective in what clothes you take.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back