Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
It has been reported, though with no clubs specifically attached, that 4 clubs have expressed interest in J.Carlisle, asking him to explore the get out rule that Ryder is exploring.

I must say, putting any possible suspensions for Ess players aside, I would be hoping we would be one of the 4 clubs. Carlisle is, in my view, a very good KPP. Hasn't reached his potential yet, but his hands are dead set buckets and he can play either end.

It is great Rowe and to a lesser extent White, and Cas, and even in the last game Watson have shown some improvement, but I think it is fair to say none of these players are anywhere near Carlisle's level, which I'd would say is just below Henderson.

As good as it is to have good honest young talls coming through there is no substitute for quality talls, and they are not easy to come by as we have learned, in the years post SOS/Sticks etc we have realy only had ... Fevola, Henderson, Jamison, Whitnall, Hamill, and that is about it in terms of real quality talls.

I know he had a few issues early in the year but he has since come good, and as I said he is still young and will blossom even further, so I'd be doing whatever it takes to get him quite frankly. We'd be setting ourselves up nicely if we had Carlisle and Henderson in the side. There's your double prong top notch key forward pair, and the beauty if they can both play down back with aplomb.

The big Qn though, is does he see CFC are an attractive destination? Do we still rate up there as a desired club to move to? I'd argue our pulling power is not as strong as it once was, and that if anything Malthouse is our best draw card now.

I like the look of Carlisle and not just as a stepladder. I think he'd do very well at any club. He's got one of the biggest pair of hands I've ever seen... they're Stewart Loewe buckets. I don't think we're going to land him but he'd be worth getting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in footballing terms, yes.

in personal terms, no.

aparently a massive knob.

I'd be quite keen on Hurley actually. plonk him at CHB for the next 8 years. (interchanging at fullback with Rowie for medium term) and allowing Jamo to play as a pinch hitting third tall or the match ups that suit him like hawkins/Cloke etc.

notwithstanding certain taxi related events seems a pretty decent but dopey sort of chap.

in footballing terms, yes.
in personal terms, no.
aparently a massive knob.
I'd be quite keen on Hurley actually. plonk him at CHB for the next 8 years. (interchanging at fullback with Rowie for medium term) and allowing Jamo to play as a pinch hitting third tall or the match ups that suit him like hawkins/Cloke etc.
notwithstanding certain taxi related events seems a pretty decent but dopey sort of chap.

Hurley would need to be ciccaned b4 he gets a game with us.

Has there ever been a better time to be around 200cm tall and have the hand-eye coordination to catch an oval shaped ball?

Just name your price and watch them scramble.

Do you need a road map??

Thought it was pretty bleeding clear ..?

The games history is littered with key forwards with attitude

But one could argue part of these players success comes from having this attitude

The role of FF is really the gorilla, big boys contest within the game

As long as he doesn't get rubbed out every few weeks and doesn't ram his car into several cars on the weekend I couldn't care a stuff if he had a bit of attitude

This talk of having nice citizens is limited. We need a good culture but as shown history says some FFS will be a handful but that's just how it goes

Modra was a diva deep down

Buddy also

I wouldn't say Jake is in the top quartile for being a whatever ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back