Opinion Get Clarko to The Hangar - 5 year deal done says Heppellfreak (post #334) - now with poll

Clarkson? (Choose all that apply)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to see some example of where all the faith in the coaching group comes from. I have 40+ examples of Clarkson out-coaching but struggling to see ruttens.
Clarkson first 3 seasons = 27 wins
Rutten first 3 seasons = 24 wins

But hey, let's use Clarkos 15th season against Rutten for being poor

Isn't it Rutten's 3rd season next year?

Love how you conveniently leave out the fact that Clarko took the Hawks to 5th on the ladder in that 3rd season. Then went into the 4th with momentum, finishing 2nd, and winning a flag. The signs were there.

Hardwick's 4th season = 8th
5th season = 5th
6th season = 8th

Adam Simpson's 4th season = 8th
5th season = 2nd (flag)

Mind you I had to pull from these examples because the only other flag coaches in the last 12 years with a record to pull from were John Longmire and Luke Beveridge - both of which had won a flag in their 2nd season.

Simon Goodwin gained trust in his ability to take the Dees to a top 4 position and a prelim in his 3rd year (2nd post-succession).

Rutten has a lot of work to do in 2023 to instill confidence and trust, because coaches prior did enough to show reasons for continued perseverance rather than just blind faith.

2023 will be his 4th as head coach, 5th at the club.
Blah blah blah.
Seriously. Did he have a say on the playing list before 2020 . NO.
Did he set the game plan or oversea all the assistant coaches. NO.
Did he set out all the training for they year. NO.
He was not head coach in 2020. He was the match day coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep.

Time flies, I know.

And for Rutten, the honeymoon excuses are ending, and the watch is starting to tick.
2020 he was on his L plates. He wasn't the head coach.

Blah blah blah.
He was not head coach in 2020. He was the match day coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2020 was used as a marketing tactic to extend his honeymoon period in the eyes of the supporter base. Anyone with any semblance of reality can see what they were doing. And by the looks of it, it clearly fooled you. There is no need to be this perturbed just because some of us aren't that gullible or privy to falling for the ruse.

Luckily for us, we've skipped ahead a few years. So whether you acknowledge it or not - time's flew by. And whatever benefit the club has hoped to gain from that ruse, is fading, and the chickens are due to come home to roost sooner, rather than later - and Rutten, and the club, better start getting it's act together.

2020 was used as a marketing tactic to extend his honeymoon period in the eyes of the supporter base. Anyone with any semblance of reality can see what they were doing. And by the looks of it, it clearly fooled you. There is no need to be this perturbed just because some of us aren't that gullible or privy to falling for the ruse.
Fooled ? How am I fooled. It is a simple fact. I have questioned if he is the right coach and I have serious doubts That does not change the fact he was 100% not the head coach in 2020. The head coach gets a say in list decisions , on who he has as assistant coaches , on how they set out training and overall game plan. Rutten had no of that leading into 2020. What he did get to do is run Worsfold's game plan on match day. Not my problem some people want to make up their own facts.

Luckily for us, we've skipped ahead a few years. So whether you acknowledge it or not - time's flew by. And whatever benefit the club has hoped to gain from that ruse, is fading, and the chickens are due to come home to roost sooner, rather than later - and Rutten, and the club, better start getting it's act together.
There's something about this conspiracy theory that just unreasonably annoys the crap out of me.

I think it's the fact that if anyone actually takes 30 seconds to imagine what 2020 would have been like with Worsfold and Rutten together there you could not help but see how incredibly different that experience would be for Rutten compared to 2021.

Seriously, you can't be head coach and not be the boss.

It's so weird to believe 2020 was about buying Rutten more time to fail, rather than a misguided attempt to help him grow into the role with support (while managing the utensil-up of Worsfold's contract).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blah blah blah.
Plus we have to give some back to Worsfold whose first couple of seasons didn't count either

Not saying the outcome is going to be the same, but Bomber Thompson got Geelong to finals in his first year (2000 12 wins and a draw with a percentage of 96.9 - bundled out in an elimination final) before taking until 2004 to get back there and look how that turned out. Sometimes even the best coaches need time to work it all out.
Get Rutten a sandwich and a pipe stat!

Blah blah blah.

Ok.

And?

We go through 2023, go 8-14.

Do we sack him?

Do you think we'll go 8-14? If so, would you sack him?
Win/loss ratio is not the only metric we should be focusing on though.

We had early injuries to key players this year. Add our early tough fixture and our serious lack of depth in certain areas, we were pretty much ****ed.

With a full and healthy list next year, i would hope that we would expect to see improvements across the field. It may not translate to a greater win/loss ratio, although we should be more competitive.

If we are 8/14 without being competitive, Truck will be gone. However, given this is a longer term project than 3 years, If our 8/14 tecord showed a marked improvement in key areas with closer loses, why should Truck get the boot?

Still waiting for examples 😂. Clarko showed it in his first few years.

3 years should be enough time to pin point some great match day examples of good coaching. Get specific.

Clarko - using nic Nat ruck work and contested ball structured to smash the Irish in international rules

McRae - late game coaching training

These are examples of great coaching with new groups

Rutten? (Silence is deafening)

Ok.

And?

We go through 2023, go 8-14.

Do we sack him?
What the * has this got to do with the facts ?
If you have read anything I have said you would know I have massive doubts and have said Clarkson would most likely advance the rebuild.
If we have no effort games then yes they will sack him but that has zero to do with him not being the head coach in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back