Other Teams
Redbacks
Manga:
ghost.jpg

Movie:
Ghost%20in%20the%20shell.jpg

Series:
gitsgrande_01pe.jpg

All round classic, in every category. But For me, I go with the series (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) because of it's richer storylines and more focus on Batou and Togusa.

First film is fantastic. The perfect balance between phillosophy and action. With giant robots in.

Second movie upsets that balance and goes into pretentious waank territory. Shocking stuff.

Watched this for the first time last night and enjoyed it very much.

Asks some really good questions that I don't think many people think about of their own volition. You know, really 'abstract' and 'pointless' questions like 'who am I?', 'what makes me me', 'what are memories', 'what is life?', and so on.

At points I felt it was a bit too blunt but then I figure if they make it too subtle, it will go over too many peoples heads.

When you consider that the film was made almost two decades ago, some of the visuals are remarkable. Did The Matrix rip the 'green code on black screen' sequence straight from GITS? Sure seemed like it to me.

One of the few films where once it finished I thought, 'Hmmm, will need to watch that one again'. If you haven't already seen it yourself, I can't recommend it enough. I say that as somebody who has never watched an anime film in his life (the only anime I ever watched was Evangelion and I also highly recommend you watch that if you haven't already).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back