PS4 Ghost of Tsushima

Remove this Banner Ad

The PS5 Director’s Cut has been released today. Usually if a PS4 to PS5 upgrade comes at a cost I won’t upgrade (like I didn’t for “Judgment“) but for GoT I eventually will. At $44.95, it’s worth it to upgrade this game to the PS5 because the lki Islands Expansion sounds to be a 15-20 hour story so it’s totally worth the cost.

The PS5 Director’s Cut has been released today. Usually if a PS4 to PS5 upgrade comes at a cost I won’t upgrade (like I didn’t for “Judgment“) but for GoT I eventually will. At $44.95, it’s worth it to upgrade this game to the PS5 because the lki Islands Expansion sounds to be a 15-20 hour story so it’s totally worth the cost.
It's $30 for the expansion. Its $15 extra for the ps5 upgrades.

It still 4k and 60fps if you buy the ps4 and play on ps5. I don't think it's worth the extra ad on for the upgrade as it still looks similar between ps4 and ps5.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Can any of you learned scholars of the video games forum step me through whats required for me to play the new expansion on ps5?

To explain - have the game on PS4, finished. Not particularly interested in re-playing the whole thing but super keen do the new island. Assume I just go to the PS5 store and get the Directors Cut Upgrade - but what about the save file? Just download from the cloud straight to PS5? Is there a conversion process or something?

Can any of you learned scholars of the video games forum step me through whats required for me to play the new expansion on ps5?

To explain - have the game on PS4, finished. Not particularly interested in re-playing the whole thing but super keen do the new island. Assume I just go to the PS5 store and get the Directors Cut Upgrade - but what about the save file? Just download from the cloud straight to PS5? Is there a conversion process or something?
Buy the dlc and start the game. the quest is on act 2 in the game. You just need the save file saved on your ps5 console.

In the start menu it asks you to transfer your save file from ps4 to ps5 version. But I only think that applies if you are playing only the ps5 version.

Buy the dlc and start the game. the quest is on act 2 in the game. You just need the save file saved on your ps5 console.

In the start menu it asks you to transfer your save file from ps4 to ps5 version. But I only think that applies if you are playing only the ps5 version.

That sounds way too easy and simple for Sony :tearsofjoy:

Awesome, thanks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I caved in and moved it ahead of other stuff in my backlog. Iki island is more of the same but nothing wrong with that. It has taken me a while to get used to combat and stances and stuff again though which always happens after I haven't played a game in ages. I also figured there would be more people playing Legends at the moment.

Have never played this before. What's the most efficient and cost effective way to buy this for PS5? I hate messing with upgrades and paying for DLC etc. Is there one PS5 version that has it all included?

or for physical

the PS5 version has the DLC. on PS4 desisted the standard edition on digital stores and replaced with the directors cut.

PS5 disc is $109 on Amazon
PS4 disc is $89 but need to pay $15 to upgrade to the PS5 SKU and then download that from the PSN store

PS4 disc of the base game is $40, but then you need to buy the DLC for $30, plus $15 for the PS5 version

Is it just me, or do some of the models look strange? Kind of blocky…

Anyway, enjoying the couple of hours I’ve played so far.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Grabbed the DLC and the PS5 upgrade. Wasn't going to bother with the upgrade but it was only 15 bucks more. Haven't really noticed much difference though, other than the wind sound coming out the controller and other haptic feedback.

I'm playing a NG+. Need to get used to the combat again, even with all my armour and upgrades I'm still getting destroyed in battles. Was a bit strange that NG+ starts from the lake rather than the intro. Threw me off when I ran into Yuna and Jin recognised her, was thinking "wait, should I know her yet?". Playing on Japanese mode (with english subs), I feel their facial expressions are really wooden. I don't remember it being like that before?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back