PS5 Rise of the Ronin - March 22

Remove this Banner Ad

More preview videos are dropping but I'd love to see some footage from the final production build. While graphics aren't the end all, lots of low res textures in the gameplay footage make it look like it's just Nioh 1. Also there doesn't look like there is much weight or feedback in the combat. Hopefully there will be a demo.

Pet cats?

schitts creek what GIF by CBC

Lack of activity in this thread may mean I'm the only one playing this right now.

On the off chance someone else is - the game has not explained what the lock symbol on armour is - it still let's me equip it so no idea what it actually means.

Lack of activity in this thread may mean I'm the only one playing this right now.

On the off chance someone else is - the game has not explained what the lock symbol on armour is - it still let's me equip it so no idea what it actually means.
I am a few hours in myself friend and have to say...somewhat dissapointing so far. Yes I know just a few hours not a ton of time to make a great impression, but just not grabbing me if you will right now. Graphics are incredible mind, more the gameplay lacking so far.

And I think the lock symbol has something to do with combat? Could be wrong.

Was tossing up between this and DD2 and ended up not going either. Will play both, just not rushing out.

How are you finding it overall?

I am a few hours in myself friend and have to say...somewhat dissapointing so far. Yes I know just a few hours not a ton of time to make a great impression, but just not grabbing me if you will right now. Graphics are incredible mind, more the gameplay lacking so far.

And I think the lock symbol has something to do with combat? Could be wrong.

I think I figured it out - if you press the "touch screen" on the controller you can get options for stuff - I think the lock is there like a favourite so you can't accidentally sell it.
Was tossing up between this and DD2 and ended up not going either. Will play both, just not rushing out.

How are you finding it overall?

At the end of the first mission last night I told myself I'd return it in the morning. 😂

Ended up playing it for a few more hours and I'm enjoying it a fair bit. It's legit just Ghost of Sashimi but a less polished version. The biggest difference is the variation of weapons and armour (that are also upgradable) so far which actually makes exploring and discovery worthwhile. Combat is a bit different and can be a bit of a campaigner. It's definitely growing on me though.

I was keen but it looked less interesting as it got closer. Team Ninja haven't been able to execute since Nioh. I'll definitely still get this but will wait for a digital sales.

While I don't hinge my purchases on reviews the first paragraph of this was one of the best I've ever read 🤣

Like the rising of the sun, like the waning of the moon, as sure as night follows day and death follows life: Team Ninja will release a stone cold classic 7/10 once every 12 to 18 months. It will have gripping, satisfying combat that pushes your reaction timing and rapid-fire strategizing to the test. It will have a loot system designed by The Devil. It will have a breadth of toolkits and approaches to encounters that put damn near every other action game to shame. It won’t have anywhere near enough enemy variety to use it all on. It will run like total s**t. It will inexplicably go on for 70 hours. The Izuna Drop will never once get old. It is the best of times, it is the worst of times, it is pure and undistilled uncut gaming. Rise of the Ronin is in stores now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back