TV/Film The Last of Us - HBO TV Show

TV shows and films that were games but are also TV shows or films now.

Remove this Banner Ad

My only criticism is wish we had more clicker situations as Joel and Ellie travel apart from that it's a brilliant show

I personally don’t mind it. The clicker/bloater situations we have seen are ones essential to the story, just like they were in the game. All other clicker situations are stealthy going passed/killing them to reach the next location. We didn’t need to see those in the show.

Last edited:

This week was probably my favourite episode yet.
Such a ridiculously strong episode.

I was VERY worried about the David actor, never seen him before in anything and was pretty hesitant that he'd be able to get across what Nolan North could in the game. But he was incredible, playing both sides so well, those last few moments...holy s**t.

They nailed all the moments too, I was dying to see 'that' Joel scene and that came off perfectly.

As for last weeks (I only got to watch it last night), I'm amazed people are clambering to claim it's another "filler"...amazing the two themes of the "filler" episodes are coincidental in what they feature...are people really that pathetic in life? It also seems that people whoosh over subtext and even blatant moments in whatever media they consume too.

Such a ridiculously strong episode.

I was VERY worried about the David actor, never seen him before in anything and was pretty hesitant that he'd be able to get across what Nolan North could in the game. But he was incredible, playing both sides so well, those last few moments...holy s**t.

They nailed all the moments too, I was dying to see 'that' Joel scene and that came off perfectly.

As for last weeks (I only got to watch it last night), I'm amazed people are clambering to claim it's another "filler"...amazing the two themes of the "filler" episodes are coincidental in what they feature...are people really that pathetic in life? It also seems that people whoosh over subtext and even blatant moments in whatever media they consume too.
Would counter that by saying that just because people didn’t enjoy an episode with gay themes it doesn't make them homophobic. It just dragged on too long. Replace Riley with the great man Jaden Smith and the episode still would’ve been the same. (Content ok but went too long and a little underwhelming as a full episode)

I mean the episode nearly went as long as the DLC itself..

Would counter that by saying that just because people didn’t enjoy an episode with gay themes it doesn't make them homophobic. It just dragged on too long. Replace Riley with the great man Jaden Smith and the episode still would’ve been the same. (Content ok but went too long and a little underwhelming as a full episode)

That'd be all well and good, except that the first thing you said after the episode was "I fast forwarded the kissing scenes" (which I absolutely have no idea how you do that anyway - are you sitting there with remote in hand waiting for any and all kissing scenes to skip the whole 1 extra second it takes to get past that moment? The Ellie and Riley kiss, is what, 3 seconds max? And you somehow took the time to pick up a remote, and fast forward it?! Even if you're on mobile or some other medium it'd take more effort to skip than just sitting there for a literal second).

Surely you understand the context for kissing scenes, the reasons for them, etc. which means that you'd get why they exist. So mentioning what you did, in response to the ep leads to various conclusions.

I'm also baffled how an hour long episode is considered to drag on too long. If we're talking about this stretching over 2-3 episodes, sure? But we're talking an hour. Then people will somehow say that the show is also rushing through everything and not taking it's time...so many complaints are just walking contradictions.

You claim it'd be fine if there were more eps in the season, but because there's 9, to focus an episode not on Joel and Ellie it's bad? If there were a bunch more episodes you absolutely WOULD be getting filler, not genuinely amazing writing, scenery, with forward progressing moments and situations. You gain a ton of extra knowledge both little and big from that ep.

The episode gives added reasoning to everything that happens and is happening. That's why it works. If they rush through the episode, then you're going to be sitting there going "why the hell does she like Riley?" and wouldn't be able to take in anything that's actually happening. Building character and reasoning is literally the backbone of the entire show.

Last edited:

If you're not homophobic you are at the very least incredibly emotionally stunted. Fast forwarding kissing scenes? Get a grip 😂

That'd be all well and good, except that the first thing you said after the episode was "I fast forwarded the kissing scenes" (which I absolutely have no idea how you do that anyway - are you sitting there with remote in hand waiting for any and all kissing scenes to skip the whole 1 extra second it takes to get past that moment? The Ellie and Riley kiss, is what, 3 seconds max? And you somehow took the time to pick up a remote, and fast forward it?! Even if you're on mobile or some other medium it'd take more effort to skip than just sitting there for a literal second).

Surely you understand the context for kissing scenes, the reasons for them, etc. which means that you'd get why they exist. So mentioning what you did, in response to the ep leads to various conclusions.

I'm also baffled how an hour long episode is considered to drag on too long. If we're talking about this stretching over 2-3 episodes, sure? But we're talking an hour. Then people will somehow say that the show is also rushing through everything and not taking it's time...so many complaints are just walking contradictions.

You claim it'd be fine if there were more eps in the season, but because there's 9, to focus an episode not on Joel and Ellie it's bad? If there were a bunch more episodes you absolutely WOULD be getting filler, not genuinely amazing writing, scenery, with forward progressing moments and situations. You gain a ton of extra knowledge both little and big from that ep.

The episode gives added reasoning to everything that happens and is happening. That's why it works. If they rush through the episode, then you're going to be sitting there going "why the hell does she like Riley?" and wouldn't be able to take in anything that's actually happening. Building character and reasoning is literally the backbone of the entire show.
In 2023 on touch screen devices one doesn’t use a remote control. When you are back from the 1990s let me know.

In 2023 on touch screen devices one doesn’t use a remote control. When you are back from the 1990s let me know.
No but I assume you still have to pick it up, swipe to unlock then tap or drag to fast forward. So I think his point about the time required vs the kissing time on screen remains valid.

Fast forwarding a kissing scene whatever the orientation of the characters doing it is pretty weird mate, own it :p

No but I assume you still have to pick it up, swipe to unlock then tap or drag to fast forward. So I think his point about the time required vs the kissing time on screen remains valid.

Fast forwarding a kissing scene whatever the orientation of the characters doing it is pretty weird mate, own it :p
Sorry but just not romantic at all. And it takes less than a second to touch the screen and hit the +15.

Pixelated kissing and love scenes does nothing for me.

Sorry but just not romantic at all. And it takes less than a second to touch the screen and hit the +15.

Pixelated kissing and love scenes does nothing for me.
How do you go at the movies? Scour in-depth scene by scene write-ups and avoid entire movies as necessary? Cover your eyes if a bit of pashing sneaks in under your radar? :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That episode’s ending was unbelievable. Fuuuuuuuck Ellie’s big moment got me - the fear, trauma, rage all combined into a primal outburst. The emotions were raw as *. And then the embrace outside with Joel. Phenomenal.

That episode’s ending was unbelievable. Fuuuuuuuck Ellie’s big moment got me - the fear, trauma, rage all combined into a primal outburst. The emotions were raw as *. And then the embrace outside with Joel. Phenomenal.
Yep. Said in the other thread Bella Ramsey is gonna get an Emmy.

Safe to say the initial doubts I had about her casting and look being so different from game Ellie are put to bed, she's been amazing.

When Ellie
discovers David is a cannibal and breaks his fingers.

Brilliant and how they kept the same dialogue from the game made it better.
Its the most faithful adaption I've ever seen. Whole scenes and dialogue lifted word for word from the game in pretty much every episode (which to be fair is easier to do when the game is quality it is I suppose).

I was critical of them re-releasing Part I as a fully fledged game, but playing part 2 and then the show, no qualms about playing the updated version now haha.
Ha yeah same, I was like **** off Sony how many times do you want me to play it. But have found myself watching some game cutscenes on YouTube after some eps of the show, reckon I might play it again in the near future.

As someone who is fortunate enough to have seen the entire season already, I'm glad people enjoyed episode 1. I think if you enjoyed the game you're going to have a good time. Very interested in seeing people's thoughts on the other tweaks they've made, and one episode in particular. Overall I really enjoyed it and the acting is fantastic – if any of you have doubts about Bella Ramsey now, trust me, by the end of the season you'll have nothing but praise.
Just wanna touch back on my earlier post and see how many people are now well and truly on board with Bella as Ellie?

100%

I was one who was initially a bit worried that her look was so different to game Ellie, but she's completely nailed that character and her acting is superb.
Glad to hear it, they absolutely kill it. Just the raw emotion they're able to portray carries/elevates a lot of scenes.

It was pretty evident from Thrones that she had talent, even as a young girl. The only criticisms of the casting were arising from her appearance, which people often get hung up on.

Welp, it's all over. :(

Definitely felt a touch short, this ep, coming in at only 45 mins. Could've probably given a bit longer to some more moments. The ones we got were damn good, the expansion of why Ellie is immune, the moments with Ellie and Joel ("time heals all wounds"..."it wasn't time"...crushing), Marlene who is just incredible.

But it would've been nice to just chuck a little bit more in. To be honest, this is probably the one time I'd have liked to have seen some clicker/bloater action. But just make it a stealth scene of them figuring out how to get around them all, maybe taking a couple out with just knives/shivs.

Now all the speculation can start for season 2. It's going to be a big one! I believe they've already mentioned how it's likely too big for one season, which is good. I was wondering if they were going to add any hints towards season 2 in this, and they really didn't, which kind of surprised me.

Welp, it's all over. :(

Definitely felt a touch short, this ep, coming in at only 45 mins. Could've probably given a bit longer to some more moments. The ones we got were damn good, the expansion of why Ellie is immune, the moments with Ellie and Joel ("time heals all wounds"..."it wasn't time"...crushing), Marlene who is just incredible.

But it would've been nice to just chuck a little bit more in. To be honest, this is probably the one time I'd have liked to have seen some clicker/bloater action. But just make it a stealth scene of them figuring out how to get around them all, maybe taking a couple out with just knives/shivs.

Now all the speculation can start for season 2. It's going to be a big one! I believe they've already mentioned how it's likely too big for one season, which is good. I was wondering if they were going to add any hints towards season 2 in this, and they really didn't, which kind of surprised me.
Biggest issue with season 2 is the time lapse - first game Ellie had clearly aged as per the time between game 1 and 2.. will be hard to replicate that if they churn season 2 out for 2024 or even 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back