TV/Film The Last of Us - HBO TV Show

TV shows and films that were games but are also TV shows or films now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I felt a little bit nonplussed / unsatisfied by the ending. Apparently season 1 is the first half of the game so I guess it makes sense.
Edit: I am wrong about the above

Last edited:

Too rushed. For some reason it didnt feel that traumatic when he was gunning them down. I dont feel the emotional connection was sold that well between them.

The show kind of lacked the horror elements that showed how much they depended on each other constantly.

Too rushed. For some reason it didnt feel that traumatic when he was gunning them down. I dont feel the emotional connection was sold that well between them.

The show kind of lacked the horror elements that showed how much they depended on each other constantly.
The problem is in the game, the TV series is mostly the cutscenes. It's a hard balance.
The finale should've been 90 mins long. No idea why it was only 40 mins, when the opening two or three episodes were a hour and 15 minutes each.
Felt the two actors deserved to have their own episode of bonding- just like the episode 3 complete off track backstory. Just not enough character building.

Last edited:
The little nitpicks are the ending.
The Death of the Surgeon. He didn't just get a headshot in the game. It was more threarical. Shot to the knee, gruesome and Joel was raging at that point. Felt like could've really been more gory

The series needed more in game stuff. The Shivs, the bats, the pipes, the upgrading/putting bag on the table little tabits. Perhaps even sweeping Runners and then taking out Clickers.
However the series would've been more of an action, Walking Dead overkill with no plot that way. Can't win

Personal gripe is that the use of episode 3 then the other characters having little or no flashbacks throughout.
Got a big pre, during and then present look at both Bill and Frank's lives.
It was sensational, then next to nothing-particularly with Joel. Ellie got sort-of a flashback but unfulfilling.

I actually felt it was more traumatic on tv, which is weird in a way considering you're actually doing it in the game. That sequence was brutal, hard to watch :oops:

Agree about the emotional connection though, seeing as a lot of the clicker encounters and general dialogue while exploring was cut I think the show would have benefited from even just one more episode building that stuff. Pretty clear they made a decision to go fast and lean though, no fat on that season at all.

I actually felt it was more traumatic on tv, which is weird in a way considering you're actually doing it in the game. That sequence was brutal, hard to watch :oops:

Agree about the emotional connection though, seeing as a lot of the clicker encounters and general dialogue while exploring was cut I think the show would have benefited from even just one more episode building that stuff. Pretty clear they made a decision to go fast and lean though, no fat on that season at all.
Agree. Think an episode of encounters with the variety of infected and explaining how they progress into different stages would’ve been nice. Joel and Ellie hunting packs, using stealth against clickers. Would’ve been a fun dynamic too.
The 3 months ahead could’ve had instead an episode to fill.

Felt using episode 3, which went away from the present day plot altogether, was a great use of storytelling then the rest of the season felt missing if that make sense. Pretty interesting only used 9 episodes when other shows use 10-12..

Agree. Think an episode of encounters with the variety of infected and explaining how they progress into different stages would’ve been nice. Joel and Ellie hunting packs, using stealth against clickers. Would’ve been a fun dynamic too.
The 3 months ahead could’ve had instead an episode to fill.

Felt using episode 3, which went away from the present day plot altogether, was a great use of storytelling then the rest of the season felt missing if that make sense. Pretty interesting only used 9 episodes when other shows use 10-12..
It was originally 10, initial plan was for a few short-ish eps to kick things off with ep 1 finishing just after the outbreak and Sarah dying, then ep 2 with current day Joel in the Boston QZ. HBO talked them into doing a 90 minute opening ep instead (probably the right decision imo).

Too late at that point to re-shoot and create another ep but yeah agree it would have great to get just a little more of Joel and Ellie on the road surviving infected and building that dynamic.

Last edited:
Is there are an explanation/evidence for why the Firefly doctor thinks that Cordyceps is growing in Ellie and sending "friending signals" in either of the games?

I haven't played either one, but I think the jump to "Ellie's going to die for the greater good" decision that Marlene had apparently come to felt unearned and added to the rushed feeling of the finale

Remove this Banner Ad

Back