give em the flick tiger fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be the way of the world these days, too not let children experience losing, in case poor little Johnny or Jane might get upset, I know myself and try to teach my kids that losing and still sticking at something builds character, life is easy for winners, that's not to say you accept losing, just that is often a necessary step on the way to success.

I'm just waiting for how good it's going to be when were back at the top, even if it takes another 30 years :eek:

I reckon its a great article for Tiger fans.

Shows the following characteristics of her Tiger supporting son: Integrity, loyalty, endurance, faith, honour, respect, perserverance, and unquenchable hope.

Such things have shone through the greatest deeds.

I reckon she is just a proud mum using her cushy job writing for a rag to big note her admirable son.

Obviously her suggestions are BS - I mean, can you imagine the article otherwise? 'my son loved the Hawks as soon as he laid eyes on their exciting star buddy franklin, but now that they have been towelled up by the hapless Tigers, he needs some joy in his little life and so we went down to Geelong to meet the platyers where he got to rub the bald heads of much talked ablut duo Paul Chapman and Gary Ablett Jr. at least he has something to cheer about until Jeff Kennet has Clarkson dealt with in a back alley and the Hawks treturn to their position of privelede and dominance" whiney little rat bastard you would be thinking.

And lay off her anyway, at least she is banging a Tigersman, and raising at least 1 good cub!

She'd have more cred if she wrote - "time to do something useful with his life instead of watching footy, perhaps he could do some fking school work or something - I want him to have a good life, not end up some sad old bitter footy head, banging away on big footy on a glorious autumn day when he could be outside doing something"

.... best go umm outside...

Hey we might not have won a game this year but at least we are winning this battle.
Tigers 1 HUN none

Is it just me or can't you even post a comment on that article anymore? I mean the typing box is there but you can't press submit?

Works for me? When I click in the box it brings down the Name and Email fields and the submit button is there.

I reckon its a great article for Tiger fans.

Shows the following characteristics of her Tiger supporting son: Integrity, loyalty, endurance, faith, honour, respect, perserverance, and unquenchable hope.
Such things have shone through the greatest deeds.

I reckon she is just a proud mum using her cushy job writing for a rag to big note her admirable son.

that's a good point kct, you are right she can see it and is proud of him...he sounds like a good lad:thumbsu:

Works for me? When I click in the box it brings down the Name and Email fields and the submit button is there.

Ahh yes, so it does. Thanks kingcuz. Just seems to take a while for it to appear. :thumbsdown:

Wow, that was one of the worst pieces of 'journalism' I've ever read. I can't believe that was actually published, great ****ing values to teach your kid to just quit when times are hard and jump on the bandwagon of a more successful team. Then when they start losing, i guess just find another team to barrack for. Pathetic

HA HA HA!!!!

what a classic!!!

Self professed loser!!!

Sally comparing your footy club to your better half!!!

Are you kidding!!!

Your footy club is part of something you love!!!!

The wife is just part of the social fabric!!

Sally really hasn't got a clue!!!

Tiger fans a totally hardcore!!

You would have more chance of a Collingwood supporter turning than a true Tiger supporter no matter what the win loss rate!!!

This out burst just highlights how disconnected she has become!!!

You have to laugh!!!!

Hope you don't mind me intruding but I'm so glad it's not just me that thought it was a stupid, moronic, ridiculous article. I think Madam Sally needs to learn something about the concept of loyalty from her son (and then how to write something worth reading). Dear Sally - better to shut up and be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth (or put pen to paper) and prove it. If you want to be considered a "journalist" in more than the loosest sense of the word, if helps if you actually write about something you that a clue about. What a ludicrous and offensive analogy - comparing sticking by a struggling team to being in an abusive relationship or putting up with a toxic friend. Please. It's not as if the players and club are trying to disappoint their supporters. GOD.

I posted a comment too, but it looks like the Hun isn't interested in publishing them.

I still remember the days when Geelong was crap, and getting my heart broken just about every year since I was born until 2007, but the idea of supporting any other team was just unthinkable. It's the bad times when a club needs its supporters and members more than ever (especially with the AFL trying to shift or merge clubs every now and then - I still remember the Save St Kilda and Save Footscray campaigns in the 80s or 90s).

Good luck today guys. I'll be barracking for your boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMFG what a bitch, the fact that we don't do this shit like a collingwood supporter is what makes us better than those ****ers, all i can say is this woman is a dumb shit.........
Erm, what? I saw this thread and jumped on to point out what a crappy article this is, and it's already been turned into a thread on Collingwood? And how is it exactly that Collingwood supporters give up on their team? I gather you've never actually met any in your lifetime.

whats collingwood got to do with this?
This.

Heard Eddie talking about it on Triple M this morning, he said she should be flogged for writing it, Darcy asked him if he meant she should be flogged or she was a flog, Eddie said "Both".

Good to see unilateral condemnation of this waste of column inches.
Precisely. Even Eddie thinks the article is a steaming pile of crap.

Good thing her husband also has the Tiger spirit and sticks with things even when they are s..t - otherwise she'd be divorced by now!!
I can't believe someone actually agreed to marry the clown. Another glaring example of how women and football don't mix. They just don't have a clue.

Typical of the "everyone is a winner" brigade that are raising our children into people who don't know how to deal with conflict or disappointment in life. In the job I do I see a lot of CVs across my desk of the typcial "Gen Y" brigade. Their job got a little hard one day or someone didn't do what they wanted them to do...so guess what, they quit.

I'm going to raise my children with two basic fundamentals for life.

1. To know the difference between right and wrong.

2. That there are winners and losers in life.

Supporting Richmond gives a person resilience and an overriding sense of loyalty and pride. That is why we all like one club players. Richo could have written his own cheque anywhere if he wanted but he didn't and that is why we loved him. And although Nathan Brown was a very good player he was a mercenary at the end of the day and sold out to come over to the Tigers. So the affection isn't there for Brown compared to Richo.

But she is entitled to her opinion. We live in a free country.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back