SA "Going to Adelaide, dont forget to turn your clock back 20 years"

Remove this Banner Ad

Peak hour last friday arvo,heading into the city,anzac highway was down to 1 lane for about 400 metres.The lines were back to south road almost...eventually i got to greenhill road,and expecting to see major roadworks or a busted water mains or something,it was 2 guys with a council ute pruning a a tree or fixing a sign on the median strip which is about 20 metres wide,in a (usually) 3 lane 60 zone. That's Adelaide for ya. Nobody would let me into the single lane either,so i had to race right up to the top of the queue and force my way in, which was quicker but still annoying. That is also an Adelaide thing. I've driven in melb and syd and drivers let you in no problems usually. Over here you pretty much have to pull a gun on someone before they will let you into their lane.

2up8pw6.png

Why do politicians think we need the commonwealth games to validate us as a city? The laid back,large country town aspect of Adelaide is a good thing,to be preserved. If people want to see a big dirty metropolis they have Melbourne,Sydney and hundreds of cities overseas to choose from.

What the **** is happening on Pt Wakefield road? I left for a trip last week and it was 60km for about 20 bloody minutes!

PS .. at least petrol prices are basically at $1.00 now :):thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody would let me into the single lane either,so i had to race right up to the top of the queue and force my way in, which was quicker but still annoying. That is also an Adelaide thing. I've driven in melb and syd and drivers let you in no problems usually. Over here you pretty much have to pull a gun on someone before they will let you into their lane.
I hate when people drive to the end of the dead lane, then put their indicator on and expect to be let straight into the front of the line. :mad:

lol even the people in Adelaide don't like Adelaide! I went there once in '98. All I can really remember is the shithole that is mount gambier and the feral water.

lol even the people in Adelaide don't like Adelaide!

Where did you pull that from?

I went there once in '98. All I can really remember is the shithole that is mount gambier and the feral water.

Wowie you went to Mt Gambier in 1998 and SA is a shithole. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can't judge the place on one, even two visits. Your opinion certainly means jack s**t considering you haven't visited for a decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back