Preview Gold Coast v Melbourne, Rd 10, Alice Springs

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't it amazing how much you see a player develop their game over time? Slowly yet surely Leslie is getting the speed of the game and bringing what he does in the 2s to the 1s. This is how he plays in the 2s. The only thing he has to do now IMO is bring some better drive. But that will come with experience and confidence. His offence is the only thing letting him down.

Rocket got to go IMO. Agree with many of the others here in that we crumble under pressure and appear to have no Plan B when our Plan A goes wrong. It was startling to me when he said at half time that it was 'pleasing'. I thought the whole game we were relying on their mistakes, and trying to burn them on counter. They dominated us for the whole game and just couldn't kick straight. When they did start to kick straight they got the scoreboard reward and probably the accurate representation of how much better than us they were. I thought that was quite clear to everyone viewing. For Rocket to be happy after the first half is hopefully a lie. Because I wasn't. We had no semblance of dominance or method.

Our mids got absolutely hammered, which is worrisome since we haven't got many missing there. Mindset thing? Training thing? Smashed in clearances and contested possessions.

Isn't it amazing how much you see a player develop their game over time? Slowly yet surely Leslie is getting the speed of the game and bringing what he does in the 2s to the 1s. This is how he plays in the 2s. The only thing he has to do now IMO is bring some better drive. But that will come with experience and confidence. His offence is the only thing letting him down.

Rocket got to go IMO. Agree with many of the others here in that we crumble under pressure and appear to have no Plan B when our Plan A goes wrong. It was startling to me when he said at half time that it was 'pleasing'. I thought the whole game we were relying on their mistakes, and trying to burn them on counter. They dominated us for the whole game and just couldn't kick straight. When they did start to kick straight they got the scoreboard reward and probably the accurate representation of how much better than us they were. I thought that was quite clear to everyone viewing. For Rocket to be happy after the first half is hopefully a lie. Because I wasn't. We had no semblance of dominance or method.

Our mids got absolutely hammered, which is worrisome since we haven't got many missing there. Mindset thing? Training thing? Smashed in clearances and contested possessions.
I think the game is definitely past him now.
He has served his purpose.
He continually infers he can't get through to this generation. You listen to his last few press conferences.
He knows it to.

I think the game is definitely past him now.
He has served his purpose.
He continually infers he can't get through to this generation. You listen to his last few press conferences.
He knows it to.
That last post match presser has to be one of the shortest ever. It's like the journos are tired of asking the same old questions, and Rocket's tired of giving them the same old answers.

Well good luck to the boys next week, highly doubt the eagles lose 3 in a row, injury to Kennedy helps though

,flkfihi
.gV./
We have a promising list but one that in seven years has consistently shown -
We don't normally like the opening game of the season;
We don't like away games;
We don't like showcase games;
We don't like milestone games;
We don't like being favourites in games;
We don't usually like games in the wet;
We don't like games in the cold;
We don't like games without Gaz;
We don't like games against Adelaide; West Coast and Sydney;
We don't like games where other sides put pressure on us; and
We don't normally play well in the final game of the season.

Think that covers us in a nutshell.

So against the Eagles it sounds like only 1 or 2 of these things are in play so we are a chance to win

JJK averages 5 goals against us so that leaves a bit of a hole for them to fill

I guess I'm just hoping for a circuit breaker for things to change
Yeah I understand what you're saying but I just hope they start winning games and start to play a but of consistency cause if we keep losing and keep playing 2-3 quarters, I doubt May would stay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All set up for a Suns win this week.
You're a different side at home.
Eagles are losing the plot (look at their selections this week).
No Kennedy.
Gary back.
Suns by 4 goals
I hope so, hopefully Eade cracks the whip and drops a couple and makes the boys realise a spot is not guaranteed every week, making them work harder

Prefer a Luke Beveridge type to a Clarko type
Beverage and Bolton both made it through to the 2nd round after Bluey got the flick. Hindsight of course, but you just wonder where we'd be today.
I'm also only guessing here, but is May delaying his re-signing to see what direction we're going with the coach (amongst other things).

Beverage and Bolton both made it through to the 2nd round after Bluey got the flick. Hindsight of course, but you just wonder where we'd be today.
I'm also only guessing here, but is May delaying his re-signing to see what direction we're going with the coach (amongst other things).
When it comes to contracts, it's all about the money.

If l was May I would want top dollar to stay with this rabble.

We have shown nothing in his 7 years at the club. It's hard to make the case that we are better than we were in 2012

In the mean time clubs such as the Hawks are going to have big pockets of cash with the Hodges etc retire

Not saying he will go just that he's been loyal and seen little improvement for it

There's talk around today that Hall will be going too. Asking for a trade.
The AFL in their arrogance thought they could create a GC team but no they have created a feeder club for Victoria and that moron McLachlan is doing nothing about it. He mostly cares about hairspray.
Eade just sees us as an amazing superannuation top up. He does nothing to promote the sport up here.
This will be a massive loss for the AFL as it is looking likely the Titans will win the footy wars.
Gold Coast people aren't going to support a sloppy weak soft team that always is drafting kids and seeing them then get picked off.
And the Melbourne media are so insular it won't get addressed as they want us to suck and just pick off the May's of this world.
We are in a deep hole and so is the AFL as they have wasted millions.

The AFL in their arrogance thought they could create a GC team but no they have created a feeder club for Victoria and that moron McLachlan is doing nothing about it. He mostly cares about hairspray.
Eade just sees us as an amazing superannuation top up. He does nothing to promote the sport up here.
This will be a massive loss for the AFL as it is looking likely the Titans will win the footy wars.
Gold Coast people aren't going to support a sloppy weak soft team that always is drafting kids and seeing them then get picked off.
And the Melbourne media are so insular it won't get addressed as they want us to suck and just pick off the May's of this world.

If Hall has asked for a trade then I'm OK with it provided we get adequate compensation, preferably a quality experienced AFL inside player.

From what it looks like on the outside his only mate at the club is Gazza due to their Christian connection, while the rest of the playing group and the coaches are tearing their hair out trying to harness his undoubted talent into the team structures.

We wouldn't lose players to other clubs if there was a winning culture. Simple.

What is required is a ruthless leader to make some tough, even brutal decisions, perhaps we have this in Evans. Start with firing Ashcroft and Clayton, they do not deserve any mercy.

Somebody has to step up and lead the way or we will continue living in frustration and mediocrity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back