Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle

Good folks vs the other supporter base

Western Derby Preview Round 3

Match Details

Sunday, 2nd April, 3:20 pm at Optus Stadium

Fremantle Dockers first two rounds resulted in two strong wins to start the 2023 season with a bang!

I preempted the first two round results after a solid preseason hit out, and how foolish do I look now after talking up the quality of match play during game simulations? I'm still waiting for some hate mail due to my overly optimistic preseason analysis. But enough of me preempting wins from Freo or daggers from bigfooty posters; let's get on with the derby.

Here is a little insight into myself and why I rate Freo over West Coast. It's pretty simple.

This is an awesome supporter.
fremantle-freo.gif

Over this, not so awesome supporter.

f050e55f926bfa4f4871513b85678f7f.jpeg

Round 3, Western Derby, Fremantle Dockers vs West Coast Eagles.

The last time they played, Fremantle ran out winners 9.17 to 7.5 in wet and windy conditions. Early in 2022, Freo won 7.5 to 15.12.

Stating the obvious, West Coast will need more than seven goals five behinds to make it a decent contest.

The West Australian media said West Coast is relevant again after the worst season ever for an AFL club.

muppets GIF

Don't laugh! They believe it.

West Coast lost to the Kangas in round 1 and won against the Giants at Optus the following week. It's hardly a battle for the top spot, but bragging rights is just as necessary when dealing with work colleagues on a Monday morning.

After two losses JLO to make some changes.

Predicted lineup:

Backs: Banfield Banfield Banfield

HB: Banfield Banfield Banfield

Centre: Hughes Banfield Hughes

HF: Banfield Banners Banfield

FF: Banfield Banfield Banfield

Rucks: Darcey Banfield Banfield

INT: Banfield
Sub: Banfield

In all seriousness, Fyfe has been ruled out due to a foot injury, and Walters will most likely start after almost turning the game on its head against North.

The big question is will Sturt get another crack at the big time, or will Johnson get the sub vest? Freo needs fast ball use with clean skills, so here's hoping.

Prediction: Freo by 1 point

This is season defining for us. Lose and be 0–3 and it's a tough mountain to climb. Make the hard but necessary changes and we could swing things around. The microscope will be on the club to get it right. Lose by a lot then heads will roll.

Honestly can’t see us winning unless a change is made.

Barrass, Fatty and Hurn will murder us if we move the ball slow.

We’re fine at getting the ball back, and they may give it back to us enough for us to get over the line, but I’m really concerned our mids will get pantsed again and we’ll be slow moving the ball from half back way too much

Marshall is a good ruckman. Goldstein is old but has been a premium ruckman. Assuming NN doesn't play, if Darcy and Jackson don't absolutely dominate this game with hitouts to advantage there's gotta be a royal commission to get to the bottom of this mess

I’m making the trek to Perth mainly to see my grandparents but will sheepishly attend this game. I’m fearing the worst.

A loss to the Coker’s will be humiliating but nothing we haven’t experienced before.

Serong and Taberner have been good last couple of Derbies, expecting ( hoping) they step up from their poor performances last couple of weeks.

Freo by 15
Carn the Dockers , don’t do it to us again ( please 😬)

Barrass killed us last derby. Don’t even want to imagine how bad it will be now that we’ve slowed down our ball movement even more, have no genuine KPFs, and McGovern is back.

Have no hopes for this game.

Good folks vs the other supporter base

Western Derby Preview Round 3

Match Details

Sunday, 2nd April, 3:20 pm at Optus Stadium

Fremantle Dockers first two rounds resulted in two strong wins to start the 2023 season with a bang!

I preempted the first two round results after a solid preseason hit out, and how foolish do I look now after talking up the quality of match play during game simulations? I'm still waiting for some hate mail due to my overly optimistic preseason analysis. But enough of me preempting wins from Freo or daggers from bigfooty posters; let's get on with the derby.

Here is a little insight into myself and why I rate Freo over West Coast. It's pretty simple.

This is an awesome supporter.
fremantle-freo.gif

Over this, not so awesome supporter.

f050e55f926bfa4f4871513b85678f7f.jpeg

Round 3, Western Derby, Fremantle Dockers vs West Coast Eagles.

The last time they played, Fremantle ran out winners 9.17 to 7.5 in wet and windy conditions. Early in 2022, Freo won 7.5 to 15.12.

Stating the obvious, West Coast will need more than seven goals five behinds to make it a decent contest.

The West Australian media said West Coast is relevant again after the worst season ever for an AFL club.

muppets GIF

Don't laugh! They believe it.

West Coast lost to the Kangas in round 1 and won against the Giants at Optus the following week. It's hardly a battle for the top spot, but bragging rights is just as necessary when dealing with work colleagues on a Monday morning.

Predicted lineup:

In all seriousness, Fyfe has been ruled out due to a foot injury, and Walters will most likely start after almost turning the game on its head against North.

The big question is will Sturt get another crack at the big time, or will Johnson get the sub vest? Freo needs fast ball use with clean skills, so here's hoping.

Prediction: Freo by 1 point
That statement has 'Come back to bite us' all over it.

That statement has 'Come back to bite us' all over it.
We’ve said that every game “yeah but our defence won’t let teams score that easily” and it’s true they don’t. 4th for points against despite being 0-2. But what no one factors in is that we don’t her ourselves score either.

Barrass killed us last derby. Don’t even want to imagine how bad it will be now that we’ve slowed down our ball movement even more, have no genuine KPFs, and McGovern is back.

Have no hopes for this game.
Was playing on an injured Lobb , Who really didn't want to be out there.

Yay. My first ever derby. I’m so excited 😑

What’s it like? I’m not really into banter or being hassled by opposition supporters. Can it get nasty?

Don’t really have much hope. We look constipated and worried, they look refreshed and like they’re enjoying footy. Bugger.

We just got made to look completely toothless up forward by the world class trio of Jack Zeibul , Adam Corr and Griffo and flogged in the middle by Cunnington , Zurharr ( WTF) LDU and zombie Todd Goldstein

Holding them to under 60 might not be enough

Dark days

Dark days indeed

We just got made to look completely toothless up forward by the world class trio of Jack Zeibul , Adam Corr and Griffo and flogged in the middle by Cunnington , Zurharr ( WTF) LDU and zombie Todd Goldstein

Holding them to under 60 might not be enough

Dark days

Dark days indeed
Particularly when you have Zurhaar to kick at least one goal as the only losing leg of a large multi because that campaigner Clarkson played him as a mid all night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Particularly when you have Zurhaar to kick at least one goal as the only losing leg of a large multi because that campaigner Clarkson played him as a mid all night.

Ouch

The tribe doesn’t like gambling talk on here but the Roos +35 was one of those too good to be true prices you have to make the most of and I did ….. happiness insurance is NOT a thing

with Walters (I'm assuming) coming in for a full game we at least have that creativity of "something from nothing" with a small, but we need it from a tall. Or even 2. We need more creativity around goals or inside the forward 50. Not averse to trialling Walker down there. Sturt?! I liked that goal he kicked, who was it he tackled because they came off their protected zone and then roosted it 50?! Against Port.

Yeah. More of that please. What was it J-lo remarked on Sturt before Round 1 about him being a consideration because he'd met the level of intensity required?! Get him in!!

Predicted lineup:

* to the tune of Yellow Submarine *

Our number one's a Bailey Boi
Our number two's a Bailey Boi
Our number three's a Bailey Boi
Our number four's a Bailey Boi
We all dream of a team of Bailey Banfields, a team of Bailey Banfields, a team of Bailey Banfields

Yay. My first ever derby. I’m so excited 😑

What’s it like? I’m not really into banter or being hassled by opposition supporters. Can it get nasty?

Don’t really have much hope. We look constipated and worried, they look refreshed and like they’re enjoying footy. Bugger.
It's much worse when they win, Most obnoxious supporters in the league bar none when they win.
Not so bad when it's our home game though , Refuse to go if it's their home game.

It's much worse when they win, Most obnoxious supporters in the league bar none when they win.
Not so bad when it's our home game though , Refuse to go if it's their home game.
Whether they are behind or in front, they all leave at 3 quarter time, so the last quarter will at least be enjoyable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back