Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

If the sub plays less than a half of the game then they can probably also play for Peel on Saturday. Unless there is a rule against it.

We need to manage Fyfe across the season. It might seem early, but I would give him a spell. You have to take the opposition into account. Adelaide have a very small midfield, so we won't really miss his big body as much. Dawson is the only one with any size, and Young can play on him.

Then bring him back for the Carlton-Port games, where Fyfe is a good matchup for Cripps and Drew. Then you rest him for the WC game. And continue with this sort of pattern for the year. He is back to playing like a battering ram and carrying a large physical load. It's delusional to think we can keep playing him every week and expect his body to hold together.

We need to manage Fyfe across the season. It might seem early, but I would give him a spell. You have to take the opposition into account. Adelaide have a very small midfield, so we won't really miss his big body as much. Dawson is the only one with any size, and Young can play on him.

Then bring him back for the Carlton-Port games, where Fyfe is a good matchup for Cripps and Drew. Then you rest him for the WC game. And continue with this sort of pattern for the year. He is back to playing like a battering ram and carrying a large physical load. It's delusional to think we can keep playing him every week and expect his body to hold together.
Port is the game I'd rest Fyfe for. Port are fast in the middle and Fyfe isn't.

O'Meara's turn as sub was every bit as uninspiring as Erasmus', and Ras has 10 years on him. I know which one deserves to be dropped more. Won't happen though.
Walker will survive but he's lucky there's no one else available to play his role, as he was weak as.

So assuming Fyfe is fit, probably no change but keeping JOM in when they dropped Ras for the same output grates with me.
Johnson for walker. Ras for johnson. Simple!

Noticed he wasn’t in the team song. Probably had him running laps to make up for it.
I was at the game, pretty much as soon as the game ended he started a running session. Unlike Optus the crowd is allowed on the ground after the game at Marvel. This severely hampered his extra running as he was told to get off the ground so the fans could have some shots at goal.

If Fyfe has any soreness then most definitely. But if he’s ok then keep him going and sub him out.

Brodie is so important as he gives us first hands on the ball and is a clean distributed. I felt Brodie was exactly what we needed in the first half yesterday but then we got our ahit

Would love Brodie on for first half to see if this improves our first quarters.

No idea of moves to make this happen though!

No changes necessary but maybe switch the sub, I guess any of Johnson, Fyfe, Emmett, Banfield & Jaeger could be a candidate for various reasons and Erasmus or Brodie could make a claim to do that job.

I have seen a few potting Walker, yes early he looked a bit shaky but his 3rd qtr I thought was great, he got better as the game wore on and is probably the only player we have suited to Rankine who can cut any team apart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the game, pretty much as soon as the game ended he started a running session. Unlike Optus the crowd is allowed on the ground after the game at Marvel. This severely hampered his extra running as he was told to get off the ground so the fans could have some shots at goal.
Such a simple difference at a footy game but such a defining example of why living in WA sucks. Their state treats them like adults - we are treated like kids - and we go conservative......with everything. Not only can you not have a kick on the ground after a game, but you have to drink piss weak beer while there.
  • Mark McGowan locks down the state for 2 years and his approval rating goes through the roof.
  • Getting even the most simple licence (like a PTD) can take months and ludicrous amounts of money and stupid beauracratic red tape. The equivalent in Victoria costs nothing and takes a week.
  • Shops close at 5pm on Sundays.
  • The councils say no to everything - or want you to apply for some kind of ridiculous and arduous permit.
  • Bouncers have too much power - and seem to enjoy knocking people back if they are wearing the wrong type of clothing/shoes.
  • Come to think of it - why do you need a f##king drivers licence to enter a bar regardless of your age?

The sad thing: if the state government passed a new law about having to drink urine with your breakfast - 50 percent of the WA population would do it.

Such a simple difference at a footy game but such a defining example of why living in WA sucks. Their state treats them like adults - we are treated like kids - and we go conservative......with everything. Not only can you not have a kick on the ground after a game, but you have to drink piss weak beer while there.
  • Mark McGowan locks down the state for 2 years and his approval rating goes through the roof.
  • Getting even the most simple licence (like a PTD) can take months and ludicrous amounts of money and stupid beauracratic red tape. The equivalent in Victoria costs nothing and takes a week.
  • Shops close at 5pm on Sundays.
  • The councils say no to everything - or want you to apply for some kind of ridiculous and arduous permit.
  • Bouncers have too much power - and seem to enjoy knocking people back if they are wearing the wrong type of clothing/shoes.
  • Come to think of it - why do you need a f##king drivers licence to enter a bar regardless of your age?

The sad thing: if the state government passed a new law about having to drink urine with your breakfast - 50 percent of the WA population would do it.
I would take being locked into my state over the 200+ days i got locked 5km from my home anyday (not saying it was right either way).
But yes the full strength Balter XPA was very refreshing on Saturday and walking on the MCG with my 5yo after the Hawthorn win last season was great.

Sadly some of the potting of Walker appears to be personal. Nothing to do with his ability or performance.
What a piece of evidence-free crap. I challenge you to show a single example from a single poster to back this up.
Speaking as one of the ones potting him, I have supported Walker in the past, he was poor on the weekend, some dashing runs in the second half don't compensate for poor defensive accountability in my book.

I was wondering this about Tabs. Can anyone at the game confirm if Tabs was getting in Amiss’ way? It’s hard to tell from tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was at the game mate. He didn't get in his way.

I'm an enormous Amiss fan boy, but some of his defensive efforts/chasing......wow, he didn't break out of a jog and looked fatigue every time. Needs to be coached out of him, Treacy as a key forward sets a magnificent expectation

I'm an enormous Amiss fan boy, but some of his defensive efforts/chasing......wow, he didn't break out of a jog and looked fatigue every time. Needs to be coached out of him, Treacy as a key forward sets a magnificent expectation
I was only watching on TV but even then some quite poor efforts from Amiss were visible, he had very little intent to pressure or chase.

Sadly some of the potting of Walker appears to be personal. Nothing to do with his ability or performance.
It’s not personal it’s holding onto previous transgressions. Walker has always had more than his share of turnovers and 2022 finals were a low point of his, these things stick with people (and I say that as a big fan who defends him).

People develop opinions and can be stubborn, doesn’t need to be deeper than that

It’s not personal it’s holding onto previous transgressions. Walker has always had more than his share of turnovers and 2022 finals were a low point of his, these things stick with people (and I say that as a big fan who defends him).

People develop opinions and can be stubborn, doesn’t need to be deeper than that
This.

I was grumpy at him for his first half against the Roos, but then he was great in the second half and I liked him again. Supporters are allowed to be fickle.

I agree with this. He doesn’t run too well in the time trials from memory.

Sort of half arsed jog when a defender starts exiting the forward 50. Sometimes he sort has a half go and the defender pulls up and Amiss has start going again by which time the defender just starts rolling the legs over to get away.

I watched the game again last night and yeah I thought Amiss' energy was way down, no defensive efforts and his double and triple leads weren't there.

Likely he was having second game soreness, hoping he bounces back on Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back