Goose Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

He was a great pick up for the Lions and six one year contracts gives a good insight into his efforts for the club, maybe he might be able to upgrade to a Bevvy with Goose.

No end of love for the Goose, he made our games so much more fun (especially my 2013 season). Thanks for everything Matt.

Makes me 100x more furious that the little **** who did this to him only got 2 weeks.

Great pick up for you guys. Thought he was on track to being one of the great key defenders of this era at the saints before injury. Still proved a solid dependable player at the lions who had to overcome a lot thrown at him.

Thanks for all you've done for the club Goose, been great value for the Lions and by all reports a nice bloke to boot.

Sad to hear this. :( Goose made a tremendous effort even just to get back to playing footy, let alone at the highest level. Certainly exceeded expectations compared to when we picked him up late in 2009 (still our most valuable contributor obtained during "Crazy Vossy" spree, yet cost us the least ie nothing). Been rock solid for us especially when Merrett was unavailable.

Sounds like a great bloke too. Really enjoy his video segments. Hopefully he hangs around footy circles in some sort of capacity.

Thanks for the memories mate. :cool:

Goose has been a great pick up for us. Every season he has been with us I have thought would probably be his last but somehow he has been able to push his body and contribute at the top level. One the real characters of the league and he will be sadly missed. My favorite moment was when he was moved forward a couple of seasons back and kicked a goal from the boundary. The look on his face was priceless. That video they made at Browny's place with Goose lifting weights was also pretty funny. Job well done. Thanks!

A Shame to lose a man of his integrity and commitments! Always gave all he had , tough and fearless

Embrassed us so much after the saints , I hope he recovers well and moves on to something special

Thanks goose

Love your work Goose .
Always a bit of fun with Goose , loved to ham it up .
Hopefully we get to send him off on Saturday or later on .
Gonna miss this big personality on the Lions site.
Showed everyone last year Never Right off the GOOSE. Was a Big part of our turnaround .

I remember he was on one of the Lions site once at Brownies place on the bench press a few years ago.
Brownie referred to him as Hercules, hamming it up for the camera as always .
See you around Goose and all the best Hercules.

Congrats on a great career Goose.

The only thing is on here I have led a campaign the last 2 years for him to represent us in the Grand Final Sprint. Please do it this year Goose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% effort in wringing everything out of his career given the circumstances of injuries and available opportunities.

Can't ask more than that. A mighty fine effort.

He wasn't the best going around but every time i saw him he gave 100% and talked the younger guys through games.

All the best and i'm sure he'll find a job in the game somewhere, if that's what he wants.

Bloody sad to see him go. Sounds like pretty serious concussion symptoms so all the best to him, seriously hope all is okay. I thought when he was up and going he really made our defense much more solid, will always be an under-rated player IMO.
Off the field - seemed like an absolute legend! Brew with Goose without a doubt my favourite videos from the club. These two are my favourite videos of Goose, reckon he will be missed big time around the club.

Really epitomises the concept of a clubman. Sad to end this way but gave us some great memories - specially that goal celebration - priceless. All the best in life Goose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back