Current Graham "Munster" Kinniburgh killer arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

Cops have a new suspect. Allegedly a prolific armed robber from the 90's with ties to Carl Williams.

My money is on Victor Brincat.
Banned for naming?

wasn't it Benji?

Benji had an alibi, he's been completely ruled out.

From memory, Benji also pointed to some Chines triad gang who had a falling out with The Munster. The triads are definitely present in Melbourne (14K I think), but it's looking more like it was one of Carl Williams' shooters.

Brincat would make sense, could also have been Keith Faure (ex P&D who the cops/media won't name cause he's on charges for multiple gangland killings at the same time)

Reading " KILL THE MORANS " by BERT WROUGHT atm.

He said he knows who did it , doesn't mention the name but........

Was the Bert Wrought book a good read?

In the mini-series Families of Crime there are a few interviews with Wrought and he doesn't speak well of Lewis Moran at all. That really surprised me, as the papers had always painted them as old, inseparable friends.

In Andrew's Fraser's book In Any Case, he speaks glowingly of Lewis Moran and claims him as a friend from the late 70s until Lewis' death.

Being staunch and proving you had 'dash' was more important to some of those blokes than the fact their friends were complete arseholes.

True enough, but it wouldn't have cost Wrought anything to remain 'staunch' to Lewis after he got potted. Maybe it's to do with self-preservation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember colin carpenter being in it but,I think he and hes mate shot Lewis.

As above Colin Carpenter played Keith Faure in Underbelly.

Keith Faure and Angelo Goussis were responsible for the murder of Lewis Caine. They had a few drinks with him in a Carlton pub, and Caine's body was later found in Brunswick. At his trial for the murder, Goussis claimed self-defence, stating Caine produced a gun and attempted to fire at him but the gun jammed. Goussis said he then shot Caine to the head.

Goussis was also one of the masked gunmen responsible for Lewis Moran murder, and was subsequently found guilty of it.

I've read a fair bit about the underworld killings, but I'd never come across Goussis' name until he was convicted of murder. So, there's a fair chance that something similar has happened with Kinniburgh and it's a relative unknown to the general public. I'm not sure how many people were familiar with Rod Collins until last year's statements from Carl Williams were released, but by the sounds of things he may have been as prolific as Veniamin, with regards to contract killing. Sean Sonnet was convicted of conspiracy to kill a Carlton Crew enemy of Williams' as well. Williams had plenty of options.

It's like that routine Jerry Seinfeld did, real life isn't like Gotham City, where someone commits a crime and you've only got four possibilities as to who might have done it. It could have been anyone.

I've read a fair bit about the underworld killings, but I'd never come across Goussis' name until he was convicted of murder...

Angelo Goussis (his berth name was Enangelos and his fight name Angie) was a very talented amateur boxer who went close to qualifying for the 1988 Olympic Games team. He then turned to kickboxing with great success and later turned to professional boxing, fighting at super middleweight. He got in with the wrong crowd. Wasted what remained of his sporting career, and the rest unfortunately is history.

Angelo Goussis (his berth name was Enangelos and his fight name Angie) was a very talented amateur boxer who went close to qualifying for the 1988 Olympic Games team. He then turned to kickboxing with great success and later turned to professional boxing, fighting at super middleweight. He got in with the wrong crowd. Wasted what remained of his sporting career, and the rest unfortunately is history.

Yes, the key part of my post was '...until he was convicted of murder...' I've read quite a bit about him in the five and a half years since.

Yes, the key part of my post was '...until he was convicted of murder...' I've read quite a bit about him in the five and a half years since.

In the beginning Ang was just paid muscle for undesirables who dealt drugs and had money collection issues. I don't think he had any majors on his rap sheet until he got caught up with Keith Faure. Faure was a career crim and also a major lagger. Goussis lays the blame at Faure for where he is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back