Game Day Grand final thread (feat. inexperience watch)

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand final edition:
Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 23-01-03 - Upcoming Games.png

Geelong Sydney
(0 to 10 games)00
0 to 24 games10
25 to 49 games34
50 to 99 games37
100 to 199 games68
200+ games93
Games played166.23119.14
Age28.5026.04
Height188.95187.86
Finals played16.417.41

Interactive version

Sadly, wont be watching - kids and the partner probably will, but I'm a bit to bitter to honest.

Started with getting smashed beyond belief by Cats without so much of a whimper, the debacle of the Brownlow and Lachie being cheated out of it by the AFL and Cripps (AFL would in some small part be glad this bigger issue with Clarkson/Fagan has meant the Brownlow has been swept under the carpet) which lets be honest is farcical and has elements scripted straight out of the WWE, then moved to this insane issue that has unfairly engulfed our club and ruined our draft/trade period and proper planning for 2023 and then Dan having absolutely no EQ and announcing he's off to our biggest rival next year.

Absolutely awesome week if you are a Lions fan; excuse my sarcasm, but this has been one of the lowest weeks for the club I can actually think of.

I look forward to seeing some highlights of young Darcy in the sprint having the time of his life though - the young man just brings a smile to my face and I think he will revel in the atmosphere of the GF.

Last edited:

Absolutely awesome week if you are a Lions fan; excuse my sarcasm, but this has been one of the lowest weeks for the club I can actually think of.
The only comparable week I can think of was the complete dropping the ball when shafting of Voss for the non-existent Roos.

Great news.....coz of their performances this season, we will not have to be frustrated by umpires No.12 n No.8 during the 2022 GF. Thank you AFL.

Today is just going to be...........meh.

In order to make today interesting I'm planning to guzzle vino, eat pizza, and listen to some tunes. What a shame they can't both lose 😔

if you guys are wanting a pick-me-up, our ladies are going to be playing in a few minutes!

Is there likely to be a big crowd for the women? I'm not a vic so have no idea where punt Rd oval is but with people out and about are there going to be punters wanting to watch some footy while they wait for the men's game to start?

Sadly, wont be watching - kids and the partner probably will, but I'm a bit to bitter to honest.

Started with getting smashed beyond belief by Cats without so much of a whimper, the debacle of the Brownlow and Lachie being cheated out of it by the AFL and Cripps (AFL would in some small part be glad this bigger issue with Clarkson/Fagan has meant the Brownlow has been swept under the carpet) which lets be honest is farcical and has elements scripted straight out of the WWE, then moved to this insane issue that has unfairly engulfed our club and ruined our draft/trade period and proper planning for 2023 and then Dan having absolutely no EQ and announcing he's off to our biggest rival next year.

I look forward to seeing some highlights of young Darcy in the sprint having the time of his life though - the young man just brings a smile to my face and I think he will revel in the atmosphere of the GF.

You missed the positives.
Dunkley nominating Brisbane, Ashcroft winning best young player, Fletcher winning best academy player, McStay going allows for better forward structure. 3 Talls didnt work.
Also, Fagan will be back.

yeh baffling with the scheduling. Maybe AFL people who couldn't get a GF ticket will be desperate for some footy action? hopefully.

I think Geelong wins. They were awesome last week.

Can never write off the Swans though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we go full realpolitik for the Lions on this one and ignore all other factors and preferences, I think we want Geelong to win by 50+. Much easier to create the preseason narrative from there to be "they were just better than us all but they've won one now and the field is open from here, why not us" instead of "we got smashed in a prelim by a team that wasn't even the best in the comp, we're still a way off the pace."

If we go full realpolitik for the Lions on this one and ignore all other factors and preferences, I think we want Geelong to win by 50+. Much easier to create the preseason narrative from there to be "they were just better than us all but they've won one now and the field is open from here, why not us" instead of "we got smashed in a prelim by a team that wasn't even the best in the comp, we're still a way off the pace."

2nd scenario- cats didn't have to be "best in the comp" they still made the GF.

1st scenario- wr didn't even turn up for the prelim. Not so much that the cats won it, we just didn't bother.

The only comparable week I can think of was the complete dropping the ball when shafting of Voss for the non-existent Roos.
For me this is 100 times worse - every aspect of our club is now in doubt in my view. The stability's been rocked to its core, we've lost the ability to properly plan, forecast and everything else and we'll be distracted with this mess for years which will likely and inevitably derail 2023 now and then see an exodus of players next year.

Not sure if can get lower than this such is how deflated I am. I've woken up stressed twice in the middle of the night thinking about the club - could only imagine how Fagan must be feeling.

Seems like anytime things start looking good with this club, external and sometimes internal forces derail it - as someone posted a couple of weeks ago- its like this club cant have nice things anymore.

While my call that the timing of this was to stick the boot into us, the doom&gloomers here are just being OTT.

Fact is, people only care for a short while then get back to their lives. This is only a disaster for us if we don't get pro active and assign another coach until Fages is exonerated.

Just thought everyone should know, based on the Fox/Kayo coverage, Geelong gave no opponent today. Or perhaps just Buddy on his own. They might have accidentally mentioned Swans once briefly but quickly recovered.

I'm barracking for the Swans all the way.

Geelong can gagf, from now until the sea levels rise and Kardinia Park is a ******* mosquito-infested swamp of deadly new disease-causing microbes that are untreatable to medical science.

Stengle......sounds like a bloody brand of child's toy like Duplo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back