Greetings from Clinton, Tennessee

Remove this Banner Ad

GeorgeMullins

Rookie
Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Hello to all from Clinton, Tennessee, USA.

I have been a follower of the footy since 1983 - it was Essendon which got me into the footy, especially the Big League.

I wish to take part in these forums, and I look forward to speaking on the footy as time goes on; I shall try to keep up, by means of the AFL web site, and also here at Big Footy.

I look forward to hearing from you, and I welcome your comments, as I am so looking forward to the One Day In September at the MCG.

I have been a follower of the footy since 1983 - it was Essendon which got me into the footy, especially the Big League.

I wish to take part in these forums, and I look forward to speaking on the footy as time goes on; I shall try to keep up, by means of the AFL web site, and also here at Big Footy.

I look forward to hearing from you, and I welcome your comments, as I am so looking forward to the One Day In September at the MCG.

Hi & welcome. Are you an expat? Ordid you just discovered 'Footy' & this website?

Anyway I hope you find the various threads of interest, so please engage, discuss, argue, grizzle, moan, whinge, bitch & thoroughly enjoy.:D

Hi & welcome. Are you an expat? Ordid you just discovered 'Footy' & this website?

Anyway I hope you find the various threads of interest, so please engage, discuss, argue, grizzle, moan, whinge, bitch & thoroughly enjoy.:D

To be honest, Madmug, I am from the States - I was born in Wyandotte, Michigan, and have been living in the American South since 1973.

I began watching the footy on ESPN back in 1983, and when Essendon was making noises back in that time, I became a footy follower. From what I remember, the Dons seemed to pracice 'ball control' - each player knew where his teammate was, and knew when to get the footy to him.

According to - of all people - Carlton Champion Mike Fitzpatrick, Essendon operated more in line with what one would consider a gridiron side than any other side in the competition.

I notice that you are one for Collingwood - I hope you don't hold my preferences against me, as I know that Essendon and Collingwood have had their squabbles through the years. Still, I won't hold this against you.

I look forward to speaking more of the footy as the season progresses, mate.

New bomber fans are always welcome! Do you follow any US sports?

I'll admit to following the American gridiron - particularly the Eagles and Ravens, for differing reasons, but also some American college basketball, and even a bit of ice hockey.

In regard to baseball, I like only four major league teams - Tigers, White Sox, Nationals and Pirates. I also enjoy reading of the minor leagues and also the independent and college wooden bat circuits in American baseball.

I'll admit to following the American gridiron - particularly the Eagles and Ravens, for differing reasons, but also some American college basketball, and even a bit of ice hockey.

In regard to baseball, I like only four major league teams - Tigers, White Sox, Nationals and Pirates. I also enjoy reading of the minor leagues and also the independent and college wooden bat circuits in American baseball.

So, even people who live in Tennessee don't follow the Titans.

We have a very active American Football forum, check it out if you like http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/american-football.79/

How do you watch the footy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When ESPN carried the footy, I would watch the matches every week - however, I only watch some of the footy via YouTube.

I even try to sing "One Day in September" from time to time, just because the song embodies what we all are trying to reach in the footy - especially in the big league.

You can watch all games live through the AFL website if you are overseas for i think 150 USD a season, if you didnt already know!

Check out 'Watch Live Overseas' if your keen

When ESPN carried the footy, I would watch the matches every week - however, I only watch some of the footy via YouTube.

I even try to sing "One Day in September" from time to time, just because the song embodies what we all are trying to reach in the footy - especially in the big league.

This is almost 20yrs old now but showcases the history of our great game. Enjoy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back