Coach Greg Stafford - Forwards Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

tomcruise

the cruisemeister
Feb 23, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why do they never interview this guy? Last one was that weird interview he did with Ben Gibson where he called him out for saying small forward instead of speed forward.

We hear from all the other coaches. This is the area that seems to be the most disorganised or certainly most criticised. Give us some words from the big fella to tell us what's going on.

Why do they never interview this guy? Last one was that weird interview he did with Ben Gibson where he called him out for saying small forward instead of speed forward.

We hear from all the other coaches. This is the area that seems to be the most disorganised or certainly most criticised. Give us some words from the big fella to tell us what's going on.
Lol look at what he's working with, outside Fritsch and Pickett it's one of the worst forward lines ever for a top 4 side.

It's also got nothing to do with the forward coach, it's the moron midfielders and team gameplan that ruin it.

Lol look at what he's working with, outside Fritsch and Pickett it's one of the worst forward lines ever for a top 4 side.

It's also got nothing to do with the forward coach, it's the moron midfielders and team gameplan that ruin it.
He can tell me that when someone interviews him.

"Mate, just look at these campaigners"

He can tell me that when someone interviews him.

"Mate, just look at these campaigners"
What campaigner in the AFL says anything in an interview? It's the most boring sport on earth they'll dead bat it with some bullshit about connections

He needs to sit down and have a few beers with Ooze and see if they can make something work, assuming Goody isn't overruling what they do.

So he doesn't tell the forwards to all bunch up in a group and not lead at the ball carrier?

I agree some of the blame is on the midfield group as well, but let's be honest, this is a dysfunctional forward line and a lot of that has to come from coaching.

So he doesn't tell the forwards to all bunch up in a group and not lead at the ball carrier?

I agree some of the blame is on the midfield group as well, but let's be honest, this is a dysfunctional forward line and a lot of that has to come from coaching.
How does he tell them to seperate when the ball moves in do slow and then pumped 50m directly in the air. The opposition are already set up for it so if the forwards don't bunch up then they mark it an rebound. The issued start way before the forward line

Our rucks can’t tap to advantage and our forwards run and leap together. I get the midfield is an issue too but surely you don’t think this bloke is doing a half decent job Topkent

Our rucks can’t tap to advantage and our forwards run and leap together. I get the midfield is an issue too but surely you don’t think this bloke is doing a half decent job Topkent
How could you possibly judge him with the dogshit way our midfield moves the ball. You idiots don't rate him because he was a Richmond ruck, same reason everyone wanked over Yze because he was a dees fav. If our forward coach was David Neitz none of you would blame him. It's such a stupid conversation piece because people have dumb arguments they base it off.

Of all the takes you could have gone with, this is certainly one of them
Of course it bloody is. Same reason Chaplin copped s**t before we won the flag and no one went back on it. I've been consistent on this you say s**t like Howes careers over then never own up to it. Same stupid reason everyone rated Yze and no one's critiqued him

Of course it bloody is. Same reason Chaplin copped s**t before we won the flag and no one went back on it. I've been consistent on this you say s**t like Howes careers over then never own up to it. Same stupid reason everyone rated Yze and no one's critiqued him
Everyone is criticising Yze this year, and rightly so.

Clearly the Howe thing was a massive over reaction on my part. I’m surprised it even needs saying.

More than happy to own up to bad calls, ala Brayshaw’s contract. Defending the ruck and forwardline coach of a team wasting all of its talent is one of your bad calls.

Chaplin copped lots of s**t early and turned it around

Yze and Stafford were good early and have now dropped off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone is criticising Yze this year, and rightly so.

Clearly the Howe thing was a massive over reaction on my part. I’m surprised it even needs saying.

More than happy to own up to bad calls, ala Brayshaw’s contract. Defending the ruck and forwardline coach of a team wasting all of its talent is one of your bad calls.

Chaplin copped lots of s**t early and turned it around

Yze and Stafford were good early and have now dropped ofd
Nah this just a copout. The side plays dogshit footy with the ball in hand, another thing you guaranteed we had changed after 2 weeks and were wrong about. The forward coach doesn't even need to exist, we move the ball so s**t they couldn't possibly coach us to be successful

It's ok, Goody has a us covered:

"At some stage, it's going to turn and we're going to start to get bang for buck.

"We've given more minutes to goalkicking than ever before in the history of our footy club."

"At some stage, it's going to turn and we're going to start to get bang for buck.

"We've given more minutes to goalkicking than ever before in the history of our footy club."
It's true, Goodwin has studied more than 150 years' worth of training records.

Stafford is accountable for the sh1t mess this forward line is in, therefore he can clean out his desk. Next.

How does he tell them to seperate when the ball moves in do slow and then pumped 50m directly in the air. The opposition are already set up for it so if the forwards don't bunch up then they mark it an rebound. The issued start way before the forward line
This is a very good point.

The reason we are forced to make a pack is to literally break even on a skyscraper. I reckon we’d see a lot more cut through with some increased speed from half back and the midfield. Modern football is all about disruption of defensive structures, I.e dislocating opposition defence and forcing holes or match up inequity.

We are moving like a tortoise carrying a bag of concrete with the ball.

I don’t discount this. It’s not good to be missing so much. I do think issues stem from the backline up which need addressing.

It's a fair guess to suggest he'll be cleaning his locker out at the end of season.

Yep, he ain't got much to work with in regards to cattle, and the mids can't hit the side of a barn, but the F50 is most dysfunctional part of our game and he has to wear it. Plus, here's a thought, actually get a recent player who's played the game in the forwardline to coach our forwardline? Reiwoldt would be top of my list. JVR, Jefferson, Koz, Chandler, Laurie, Woey etc. All great young prospects who'd look up to and respect a guy like that.

Incredible the lack of heat a long time this forward line has struggled

Incredible the lack of heat a long time this forward line has struggled
Surely won't have a job if we go out in straight sets. I don't think it's all his fault though. The mids using the ball and the way it comes in doesn't make his job easy. I'm not sure how much say he has in who has ball in hand kicking it in. He also has a poor list in regards to forwards to work with. Not many game winners or blokes who can win you games by contested marking. But agreed it's our weakest part of the ground by some stretch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back