Guy McKenna

Remove this Banner Ad

Gnome Murphy

All Australian
Apr 14, 2003
Other Teams
bullies "thanks B2"
We need an assistant coach at doggie land and his name has been mentioned.

Does anyone know what he is doing know, and do you think he would make a good assistant coach?

The Gnome

Originally posted by Sera
He is coaching in the WAFL. Would he make a good assistant coach? I don't know but our team has improved out of sight since he left...
Please.

He is coaching in the WAFL. Would he make a good assistant coach? I don't know but our team has improved out of sight since he left...
No, it improved out of sight when Judge left. It improved as nature dictated it should in the natural development of things when Bluey left.

And his Tiges are making a reasonable fist of it in the WAFL...

No actually, we have improved out of site this year. Who would have thought at the end of last season that we would be 2nd for a large portion of the season, be the #1 offensive team in the comp and be close to the top in clearances? Our match day preparation has vastly improved as well, I know we haven't being doing as well recently but our coaching staff have clearly tactically outpointed their opponents several times this year, something we really failed to do at all last season. I suspect Tony Micale has played a large part in this but I'm just guessing.

But to get back on topic, I think McKenna will make a good head coach in due time. It's probably just coincidence that he left at the time he did. Woosha and McKenna did have their philosophical differences though, which is not to say he couldn't work well in another system...

To even ponder making a correlation between our improvement and the departure of McKenna is extremely humorous.

We improved out of sight when Worsfold returned. We are continuing that improvement this year, and will continue to improve next year.

Our further improvement has nothing to do with McKenna leaving.

I never actually said that but it's true to say I implied it. Our coaching has improved because we are a united front this year, with more direction and less in-fighting. Why was that? Worsfold was constantly over-ruling McKenna about the direction he wanted the club to take. And so McKenna left and we had less infighting. This is not at all a reflection on McKenna's coaching ability or any so-called 'incidents' that happened. If you find that extremely humorous, then so be it.

I never actually said that but it's true to say I implied it. Our coaching has improved because we are a united front this year, with more direction and less in-fighting. Why was that? Worsfold was constantly over-ruling McKenna about the direction he wanted the club to take. And so McKenna left and we had less infighting. This is not at all a reflection on McKenna's coaching ability or any so-called 'incidents' that happened. If you find that extremely humorous, then so be it.
You are basing this on hearsay and rumours.

Wotever the club began to improve when Judge left its not a minute job to rebuild a club. I think blue would make a great assistant coach however i think he will stay at claremont.

Originally posted by ozzult
You are basing this on hearsay and rumours.

No i'm not. There was an interview in The West Australian at the beginning of this year and Guy McKenna admitted to the problems and that he wanted to try out his own ideas as a coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back