GWS Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Given their first rounder is 18 and therefore a mid 2nd rounder in genuine value this year the player would have to be very good, and not be prone to homesickness. My understanding is we should have enough points from guys we are happier to lose to get our academy kids and therefore the value of the pick is only what we can do with it from a trading POV.
Our 1st rounder is 16*

Hey gents where is Tom Bugg at with his contract status? Is he heading back home or planning to re sign soon.
Cheers
AFIK the club is working on other players ATM and he is left waiting. He is talented and hard at it so I don't want to lose him.

However I have heard that Melbourne have been keen on him all year.

So how did Treloar's value go from being 2 1st round picks to a 1st and a 2nd ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately we don't get to negotiate.
As I saw this on a mock draft board:
I had time on my hands yesterday coincidentally, and i did a brainstorm of expected trades and then a Draft Top 20.

So i have this fresh and ready to go. I picked the picks as in the shoes of each Club at each selection.

My Nostradamus Top 20, after trades, will see the Top 20 like this read out on Draft night:

1. Carl: Weitering
2. Bris: Schache
3. G.C.: Parish
4. Ess: Francis
5. G.C.: Curnow
6. GWS: Hopper
7. Syd: Mills
8. Mel: Weideman
9. GWS: Tucker
10. Carl: Balic
11. G.C.: Mathison
12. W.B.: Collins
13. GWS: Kennedy
14. Ade: Milera
15. Ade: Partington
16. NM: AhChee
17. Ess: Oliver
18. Syd: Bonner
19. Bris: Hipwood
20. Bris: Keays

As I saw this on a mock draft board:
I had time on my hands yesterday coincidentally, and i did a brainstorm of expected trades and then a Draft Top 20.

So i have this fresh and ready to go. I picked the picks as in the shoes of each Club at each selection.

My Nostradamus Top 20, after trades, will see the Top 20 like this read out on Draft night:

1. Carl: Weitering
2. Bris: Schache
3. G.C.: Parish
4. Ess: Francis
5. G.C.: Curnow
6. GWS: Hopper
7. Syd: Mills
8. Mel: Weideman
9. GWS: Tucker
10. Carl: Balic
11. G.C.: Mathison
12. W.B.: Collins
13. GWS: Kennedy
14. Ade: Milera
15. Ade: Partington
16. NM: AhChee
17. Ess: Oliver
18. Syd: Bonner
19. Bris: Hipwood
20. Bris: Keays

Tucker is a small def, it would piss me off beyond belief if we traded Curtly out and then drafted another.

Do you guys think GWS will look to draft anyone outside of their academy selections this year? Sounds like you will be after Hopper, Kennedy, Himmelberg, and maybe Cornell, Flynn?

Do you guys think GWS will look to draft anyone outside of their academy selections this year? Sounds like you will be after Hopper, Kennedy, Himmelberg, and maybe Cornell, Flynn?

No idea, but I'd be extremely happy if we took nothing but academy players. I reckon by any objective means, a draft result of Hopper, Kennedy, Himmleberg, Cornell and Flynn wth Tiziani thrown in late or rookie listed is a pretty good draft night in anyone's language.

Thanks for answering!
How does this sound?

22, 24, 26 and 44 from 2015, 'Pies 1st round 2016
for
27 from 2015, Treloar, Tomlinson

Gives GWS the points it needs (would have 8,22,24,26,44,45 or over 4500 pts) for Academy players this year as well as an extra first round next year. Then GWS could trade anyone else (Hampton etc) for more 2016 picks ("the strong draft").
Think something like this could work well for both teams. GWS get all the academy guys they are after and will be pick-rich for 2016. 'Pies can keep pick 7 from this year and gain the 2 ATs. Anyway, hope this sounds ok - looks like a win-win to me (or as close as you can get when a star wants to leave - see Beams last year)

Why the hell would we sweeten the Treloar deal for you by chucking in Tomlinson AND our second rounder?
Thought I saw today Tomlinson looking for a trade? May have just been a rumour - not sure (it's late - sorry if I am wrong)... just thought this might appeal to GWS more than just pick 7 for Treloar. It only works if GWS only picking academy players, if there is someone else you are after then yeah, it doesn't work for you and I can get stuffed :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back