Gymnastics - what a ****ing joke

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand your point. It was a stupid post no question. To be honest its the sort of post thats not worth responding to. Insinuating that the Chinese are bribing judges, well, its the sort of accusation that noone takes seriously.

It was a nonsense post, but too dumb to be malicious.

Today Tonight are doing a story tonight on the judging 'controversies' in Beijing.

Credibility level just went through the floor.

Yeah well if you think that's bad. One of the chinese riders was up against Anna Meers to make the gold medal race, was allowed to go through until the guys looked at the replay of the video to find that the chinese rider interferred with Meers' bike

that Liukin routine was far far better than the Chinese I couldn't believe she didn't get gold

and just now I watch the trampoline thingo The Canada guy Nails his then the Chinese dude goes stuffs up wasn't even jumping in the middle of the trampoline plus not enough height to his jumps the comentators said well he just lost the Gold and then what do you know the judges rank him 1! it was complete bullshit I tell ya!

trampoline shouldn't be an Olympic event yet, only introduced in Athens and the judging and score system is way too subjective and really hard to understand.

racism at it's worst.

you know that?

facts are - their divers were that much better than their competition. anyone can see that? did you watch the synchronised diving? they were on a different level.

and they'll probably continue to win the diving golds. their superiority is ridiculously obvious. the judges aren't biased and even if they wanted to be biased against China, they're that much better than their competition that they'd still win.

and they have been the standouts at the gymnastics. anyone can also see that. they have the funding, talent pool, money and dedication to be where they are. good luck to them.

You are possibly the biggest man bitch I have ever come across.

well it's obvious he's watched none of the 'judged events' and his post comes across as unnecessarily hateful.

they deserve to be where they are. they have been the outstanding and dominant nation of the games. strong in weightlifting, diving and gymnastics in particular. and ridiculously dominant in all three. strong most other places as well.

and his last line, since when has china been any good at hockey and cycling.... says it all, doesn't it?

their womens hockey team has been quite decent for a while. if he'd have watched the match (where Australia looked the slightly better team but China were desperate and brave and deserved what they got) he'd of heard them mention how much China has improved and how well they've performed in recent olympics.

same with the cycling. china have one successful cyclist and all of a sudden it's incredible. he makes it sound like they've dominated cycling.

probably the worst post I've read on this beijing board.

so filled with hate and he's wrong in every single instance of his rant. factually wrong.
unresearched and just pathetic.

and if it's not racism then I apologise but truth be told dude, what else could it really be?

fanatical hate?

I like to see America beaten but gee I wouldn't take anything away from them when they do. They're dominant and deserve their success.

Calling every single one of their gold medals undeserved and the result of corrupt judging is gutless and wrong. It serves no purpose in this thread or on this board.

No examples either just generalisations. And take the couple (and that's all) debatable gymnastics golds away and they're still miles ahead.

I can't stand racism. And that's how I read his post.

Then you back it up with this. Having a larf aren't you.

Go write a letter of complaint to your local rag or something else useful like that.

trampoline shouldn't be an Olympic event yet, only introduced in Athens and the judging and score system is way too subjective and really hard to understand.

the scoring system is a touch easier to understand actually - i think it is anyway.

It was introduced in Sydney too. not athens.

Haven't posted here before as I've been busy with other sports. But watching the Gymnastics Gala Performance where the gymnast do tricks for the crowd once the competition is over is always a great spectacle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nope: full medals on offer in Sydney for trampolining.

won Alexandre Moskalenko for the guys and Irina Karaveva for the girls

has there been any Rhythmic Gymnastics on Seven yet?

i know they keep advertising it and promising it - but has some been on?

they may have put some on while we were watching the Bulldogs/Essendon game last night.

I'm still yet to see any :(

has there been any Rhythmic Gymnastics on Seven yet?

i know they keep advertising it and promising it - but has some been on?

they may have put some on while we were watching the Bulldogs/Essendon game last night.

I'm still yet to see any :(

why the hell would you want to watch that pathetic 'sport'? it should be deleted from the Games

Haven't posted here before as I've been busy with other sports. But watching the Gymnastics Gala Performance where the gymnast do tricks for the crowd once the competition is over is always a great spectacle.

Exactly. It's a great spectacle. When they have to please the crowd, they can throw in a few extra flips etc, speed it up or slow it down, ham it up a bit. Whereas in comp, they have to please a panel of nit-picking judges who are only there to point out the errors, and we have no idea who wins without seeing numbers come up on a scoreboard.

Fabulous performance art, crap competetive sport.

Gymnastics is good to watch:thumbsu:
Not a fan of rhythmic gymnastics though:thumbsdown:

Hey Ubolt, bit sad that we have seen the last of the Alicia Sacramone ever competing in Gymnastics?:(

it is very sad. but, i think we've been preparing for this for a long time. she went off to college a few years back and i thought her olympic dream was over. But after being a Brown Bear for a while she returned to the national set up. It was finally good to see her make the olympic team after the ankle injury (i think from memory it was ankle anyway) that kept her from Athens.

I hope she isn't always known as the girl who ruined the US chances at the Olympic Games. The US media have already labelled her that. She's a strong girl though. She'll be great!

Yeah well dunno about the ankle about keeping her out of Athens as she didnt make the team anyway. Pretty sure it came down to a routine at champs to see if she got in and she fell off the beam.

A pitty she couldnt cap it off with a gold medal but all the best to her in her quest to get into fashion designing.

Just sucks that we didnt get to see more of her and she only made it to 1 olympics :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back