Halal Fees- Jacqui Lambie

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder where we get our oil from and what do those countries do with the profits?
I daresay, that it would be more than what is collected from halal certification.
And no doubt the people who attended these rallies rocked up in their V8 Commodores and Patrol utes...

But, but they don't have that halal logo on oil, so it's not funding terrorism............
What?

Funding terrorism through Halal Certification - Evidence, Nil
Funding terrorism via Oil - Heaps

So the reality is having the logo means nothing as nothing is proven yet the evidence is there for oil, so technically I agree that no need to have a logo when you have oil.

If people are really concerned about funding terrorism and want to boycott something, use public transport.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/27/isis-oil_n_5877008.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/22/isis-funding_n_5850286.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/10/isis-oil-money-ransom-smuggling/381862/

Gee, I wonder what happened to the clever country?

What?

So the reality is having the logo means nothing as nothing is proven yet the evidence is there for oil, so technically I agree that no need to have a logo when you have oil.

If people are really concerned about funding terrorism and want to boycott something, use public transport.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/22/isis-funding_n_5850286.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/10/isis-oil-money-ransom-smuggling/381862/

Piss off with your logic. Oil only comes from the nice countries right? Right?!?!

What?

I was being sarcastic.

That's how I roll at times on here.

Of course you wouldn't care, as long as he isn't a muslim.

Unlike the push for Sharia law, his right winged bigoted views can have some influence on parliament decision making.

Religion and politics do not mix, regardless of what religion it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course you wouldn't care, as long as he isn't a muslim.

Unlike the push for Sharia law, his right winged bigoted views can have some influence on parliament decision making.

Religion and politics do not mix, regardless of what religion it is.

Maybe so but they're inexorably intertwined and Fred, the fine upstanding Christian gentleman that he is, is living proof of that.

Halal Choices

What would the media say if the Rev Fred Nile had been growing rich from a Christian certification scheme on products from food to pharmaceuticals to cosmetics? What would the media say if they found out he went around to companies charging fees for inspections and often times praying over the product to make it permissible for some Christians to eat? What if this information as not on the labels but happening anyway? What would the media say if he started calling all his detractors racists and bigots because they objected to his fee?

Would the media criticise and mock anyone who objected to Mr Nile becoming a millionaire from such practices? Would the media publish articles about how good it is Mr Nile gives to "x,y,z" right-wing-fundamental causes with your grocery dollars without you knowing about it?

Imagine the uproar. Imagine the outcry! The Greens would be very vocal, as would the homosexual community. So would some labour supporters, and many more I am sure. They would be outraged because they don’t want their money going to make Mr Nile a millionaire. There would be an outcry because they don’t agree with Mr Nile’s political agenda or his religious practices. And you know what, it would not be allowed to continue. There would be an investigation. There would be support from politicians. Consumers would demand transparency and disclosure – and they would get it.

It sounds ridiculous but that is exactly what is happening with halal certification. No one in Australia would tolerate such a scheme if it were perpetuated by right-wing, fundamental Christians. And yet, we seem to live in this politically correct bubble which makes it taboo to criticise Islam but you can ‘have at’ just about anything else. And because we demand a choice and transparency in this industry we are called racist and bigots.

Now if people want to go ahead and financially support the Rev Fred Nile, I say go for it. That is the choice you have in this country. You can give to whatever charity or cause you like (unless it is illegal). Give your money to Fred Nile, the RSPCA, Wildlife Fund, Larry Pickering, Save the Whale, the Greens, the YMCA, the Salvos, hospitals, veterans, Islamic schools, Buddhist temples – take your pick. But it should be YOUR choice!

Now if people want to go ahead and financially support the Rev Fred Nile, I say go for it. That is the choice you have in this country. You can give to whatever charity or cause you like (unless it is illegal). Give your money to Fred Nile, the RSPCA, Wildlife Fund, Larry Pickering, Save the Whale, the Greens, the YMCA, the Salvos, hospitals, veterans, Islamic schools, Buddhist temples – take your pick. But it should be YOUR choice!
For the last time.

It is your choice whether to buy halal or not.

Halal Choices

What would the media say if the Rev Fred Nile had been growing rich from a Christian certification scheme on products from food to pharmaceuticals to cosmetics? What would the media say if they found out he went around to companies charging fees for inspections and often times praying over the product to make it permissible for some Christians to eat? What if this information as not on the labels but happening anyway? What would the media say if he started calling all his detractors racists and bigots because they objected to his fee?

Would the media criticise and mock anyone who objected to Mr Nile becoming a millionaire from such practices? Would the media publish articles about how good it is Mr Nile gives to "x,y,z" right-wing-fundamental causes with your grocery dollars without you knowing about it?

Imagine the uproar. Imagine the outcry! The Greens would be very vocal, as would the homosexual community. So would some labour supporters, and many more I am sure. They would be outraged because they don’t want their money going to make Mr Nile a millionaire. There would be an outcry because they don’t agree with Mr Nile’s political agenda or his religious practices. And you know what, it would not be allowed to continue. There would be an investigation. There would be support from politicians. Consumers would demand transparency and disclosure – and they would get it.

It sounds ridiculous but that is exactly what is happening with halal certification. No one in Australia would tolerate such a scheme if it were perpetuated by right-wing, fundamental Christians. And yet, we seem to live in this politically correct bubble which makes it taboo to criticise Islam but you can ‘have at’ just about anything else. And because we demand a choice and transparency in this industry we are called racist and bigots.

Wow, what a nonsensical rant.
If you are being forced to buy halal products I am happy to support your petition however I don't think this is the case. So what are you really saying?

Halal Choices

Hahaha holy s**t... did you really just quote a post from facebook...?

You're as bad as Todman.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...to-islamic-state/story-fni0cx12-1227612983188

AUSTRALIAN Islamic State sympathisers are helping to fund terrorism by disguising money in charity donations.

A Federal Government source confirmed to The Daily Telegraph supporters and family members of the now 110 Australians fighting for the IS terror network in Syria and Iraq have been caught out hiding terrorism funds in donations to charity or education programs.

The Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC) black-flagged 536 financial transactions in 2014-15 which it deemed suspicious — a 300 per cent increase in one year — and reported 367 payments to the Australian Federal Police and ASIO for suspected terrorism financing.

In total they are investigating $53m in questionable transactions, some of which relates to funding terror.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back