Hampden Football League Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened to your post about sandy robinson to Port Fairy hampdenmad?
Maybe Port Fairy are waiting on an increase in their points cap allocation
With sandy and brad both having played there before, what would there points be? Sandy has been playing vfl hasn't he or not? Tim Ryan the young forward?

Tim Ryan & Jordan Scott are both off to Pt Fairy from the WDFNL...The Seagulls must be banking on running with 80pts this year... They are clearly a law unto themselves, just splashing cash left, right & centre.... Who can blame then when the HFNL & AFL Western are happily giving them the license to do as they please and operate under different parameters to other clubs.
Having said that Tim Ryan is massively over rated commodity at HFNL level. Good ordinary player at best... Don't know a lot about Jordan Scott from Dennington.

With sandy and brad both having played there before, what would there points be? Sandy has been playing vfl hasn't he or not? Tim Ryan the young forward?

Yeah I'm unsure of Sandys points and yes he has but Brad will be 1 point I'm fairly certain. Tim Ryan could indeed be the one I speak of. There is mounting pressure on the VCFL to amend Port Fairys points so don't be surprised to see them come down quite a bit before season begins. Then they could have issues.

Tim Ryan & Jordan Scott are both off to Pt Fairy from the WDFNL...The Seagulls must be banking on running with 80pts this year... They are clearly a law unto themselves, just splashing cash left, right & centre.... Who can blame then when the HFNL & AFL Western are happily giving them the license to do as they please and operate under different parameters to other clubs.
Having said that Tim Ryan is massively over rated commodity at HFNL level. Good ordinary player at best... Don't know a lot about Jordan Scott from Dennington.

And South wouldn't have Tim back in a heart beat???? Bit rich.

Agree with you on this one roosters crow that Ryan is a good player but definitely overrated for hampden. Also in saying that I would rate Ryan and Scott pretty similar players.

Also hearing Kurt smith from Dennington could be heading to the seagulls as well. They are doing more than splashing the cash around, just giving it to anybody.

What's the news on Saunders roosters crow? Heard he was shopping himself around to get his price up?

Yeah I'm unsure of Sandys points and yes he has but Brad will be 1 point I'm fairly certain. Tim Ryan could indeed be the one I speak of. There is mounting pressure on the VCFL to amend Port Fairys points so don't be surprised to see them come down quite a bit before season begins. Then they could have issues.

How much of a reduction are we talking? Only down to 45 or something?

Tim Ryan is still young and does have talent. But he hardly trained over the last couple of pre-seasons due to work and other sports, and on match days his work ethic when at Souths, was not where it needed to be.

And South wouldn't have Tim back in a heart beat???? Bit rich.

No Sth wouldn't have Ryan back in a heartbeat if he is wanting the sort of $$ Kolora paid and Port are offering... He is also shopping himself around to Sth Rovers.
I repeat Tim is only an average HFNL player. In his time at club never finished in top 12 in B&F, questionable work rate and hardness. So Sth would welcome him back and were in fact the first to speak to him 4 or 5 weeks ago, but he would be welcomed back on the clubs terms not his. That being the case unlikely he will be at Sth as he will need to accept significant unders. In his time at the club was only an average player in a ordinary side.
Watch this space however for a very big signing at Rooster land!!

Becoming quiet clear that Hugh Worrell is on the port fairy bandwagon. His open support of port fairy when questioned about the points advantage given to the club is clear he became defensive and stated that there was no problem with the club having an advantage. With the league finding it hard enough to get interleague players it will interesting to see how many people put up there hand up to support a league that doesn't support every club. It's about time with this amount of favouritism being clear and open that the league looks into a clean out rather than continuing to go on the advice of yes men with alternative motives

Agree with you on this one roosters crow that Ryan is a good player but definitely overrated for hampden. Also in saying that I would rate Ryan and Scott pretty similar players.

Also hearing Kurt smith from Dennington could be heading to the seagulls as well. They are doing more than splashing the cash around, just giving it to anybody.

What's the news on Saunders roosters crow? Heard he was shopping himself around to get his price up?

Wouldn't have thought a player of Saunders standard is going to have to shop himself around?? He will not be short of offers, wether it be VFL clubs, GFL Clubs or Melbourne suburban clubs....

Maybe Pt Fairy can squeeze him into their cap???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Becoming quiet clear that Hugh Worrell is on the port fairy bandwagon. His open support of port fairy when questioned about the points advantage given to the club is clear he became defensive and stated that there was no problem with the club having an advantage. With the league finding it hard enough to get interleague players it will interesting to see how many people put up there hand up to support a league that doesn't support every club. It's about time with this amount of favouritism being clear and open that the league looks into a clean out rather than continuing to go on the advice of yes men with alternative motives
Hugh is a Port Fairy local these days....
Clear that PFNC is a protected species under the current HFNL administration.....

Hugh is a Port Fairy local these days....
Clear that PFNC is a protected species under the current HFNL administration.....

It's all on Lachie Patterson to change it not the Hampden League. And I can guarantee he is under the pump to bring them down in line with everyone else.

Also Koroit have picked up Warrnambool defender James Fary.

It's all on Lachie Patterson to change it not the Hampden League. And I can guarantee he is under the pump to bring them down in line with everyone else.

Also Koroit have picked up Warrnambool defender James Fary.
AFL Western & Patterson have the ultimate say in pts cap but it is done in consultation with HFNL administrators.....

Also you are way off the mark with Fary - he is playing at Merrivale.

Or is he....

I did forget to throw you a few told you so's as well Rooster! Sully......Johnstone......Bartel....
Fary definitely at Merrivale mate...
He wouldn't get a game at Koroit anyway....

Josh Brown from Allansford also at Vale

As for told you so's.....

Sully was common knowledge to Pt Fairy, but late on Sully did meet with Sth, basically lied to their face as it turned out....

Johnstone - as you rightly stated was b/w Nth & Sth - I never disputed this....

Bartel - well isn't he at Koroit for $150 a win?

Mate your mail is normally very good you are allowed to get the odd one wrong... Fary definitely at Vale.

Bartel???

Yep Bartel to Koroit for $150 a win...

Koroit would not have been able to get deal done except Tim McIntyre took a haircut in payments from $150 a win to $75 a win..

His wife Nadia is helping in the canteen on Saturdays as well as in the kitchen with Thursday night training teas...

Good get for the Saints....

Billy Nicholls back for the odd Saturday game when available?? Nigel Kol assistant coach? Saunders signed as previously indicated ??
The suspense is killing me.
Not sure if Billy is out of the clink as yet??
Nigel Kol could possibly make a comeback in the number 3 and play on the outer wing.....
Josh Saunders apparently according to this forum he is currently shopping himself around - maybe he will go to Port Fairy to round out their 100pt player cap?
Or Josh might join Bartel at Koroit on $150 a game........

Just be patient boys, promise you will be the first to know, maybe as early as this weekend........

Surely there must be some other club news around? Warrnambool must be trying to top up the list somehow? Camperdown would be keen to reload??

The pies have a few irons in the fire. Have 3 local boys returning from Melbourne, one from Darwin and Bain will be back which all confirmed.

Couple more on the go, not superstars but building some depth into their list and all top 18 players.

Hearing Terang really struggling to recruit anyone of substance.

All quiet at Cobden - still hoping for Paul Hinkley and still whispers of Harkin heading to the Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Back