Hampden Football League Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I know everyone always says it every year, but from what I've heard he has signed there, same as what rissole1234 said.

We are definitely in foreign waters now if that's the case. We could be very beatable by a few in the comp for the first time in a long time. I'm not saying a bad side but a side that will have come back to the chasing group a little.

Do you guys think the Hamilton kangaroos has worked for them. They just don't seem up to Hampden. Which I completely didn't see coming. They have had some major talent through their pathways in the past. Anyone got any insight into what's gone on? Travel would be a factor

Do you guys think the Hamilton kangaroos has worked for them. They just don't seem up to Hampden. Which I completely didn't see coming. They have had some major talent through their pathways in the past. Anyone got any insight into what's gone on? Travel would be a factor

Well talking to some of the Hamilton people at games they often say the same thing. There's big money in the surrounding areas to play the bush footy. The increased training load needed to play HFNL has scared off some and also the travel factor. Some of the travel for the bush footy is large too tho.
I think they have branded themselves well, it looks professional, everyone wears the club gear and looks a team. It's just that they don't have the cattle to match the best sides. They aren't drawing star power to the side either.
It will take time for them to find the right mix but I think it's far from calling it a failure yet. Just need to keep putting the right people in the right positions and the right systems in place to ensure it's set for the future. Breed talent from within and grow the junior structure.

WDFNL News - Brayden Harkness has signed with Nirranda. Former 2nd Division Seniors Wantirna South player. Wantirna South Play in the Eastern Football League.

V. good post on Hamilton HMAD.

In regard to Trav (who can play,) I would love your opinion as you clearly have a finger on the pulse there... I personally think it would be a good thing if he moved on. W'bool's strength is also their Achilles in my humble opinion. The W'bool FC has had a great return from a few related families, but as an outsider it seems these same families sometimes hold the club (coaches/selectors etc) to ransom. No doubt it is a tricky balancing act in trying to keep everyone happy while picking your best team but W'bool has been on the nose in the last few years. Their players frequently talk outside of school and are very forward (or honest) in their assessment of the club and coach. In 2015 some of their senior players openly potted Tilt and now Cook cops it....( i heard it first hand at Bushfield 3/4 time as the huddle dispersed-) ...happy enough to be wrong but the last few years might be seen as a case of the tail wagging the dog up at the Reid.

V. good post on Hamilton HMAD.

In regard to Trav (who can play,) I would love your opinion as you clearly have a finger on the pulse there... I personally think it would be a good thing if he moved on. W'bool's strength is also their Achilles in my humble opinion. The W'bool FC has had a great return from a few related families, but as an outsider it seems these same families sometimes hold the club (coaches/selectors etc) to ransom. No doubt it is a tricky balancing act in trying to keep everyone happy while picking your best team but W'bool has been on the nose in the last few years. Their players frequently talk outside of school and are very forward (or honest) in their assessment of the club and coach. In 2015 some of their senior players openly potted Tilt and now Cook cops it....( i heard it first hand at Bushfield 3/4 time as the huddle dispersed-) ...happy enough to be wrong but the last few years might be seen as a case of the tail wagging the dog up at the Reid.

I think you nailed it to be honest. And it's often the failure of success in clubs.

Well talking to some of the Hamilton people at games they often say the same thing. There's big money in the surrounding areas to play the bush footy. The increased training load needed to play HFNL has scared off some and also the travel factor. Some of the travel for the bush footy is large too tho.
I think they have branded themselves well, it looks professional, everyone wears the club gear and looks a team. It's just that they don't have the cattle to match the best sides. They aren't drawing star power to the side either.
It will take time for them to find the right mix but I think it's far from calling it a failure yet. Just need to keep putting the right people in the right positions and the right systems in place to ensure it's set for the future. Breed talent from within and grow the junior structure.
Very well said :thumbsu:
Some of the talent that jumped to MDFNL and SWDFNL and to a lesser extent the WBFL will come return. Hamilton people seem to leave town around 18-24 ish but they always return.

Confirmed trav graham has signed with Stawell, they just unveiled him as there recruit this arvo, have heard darcy graham to north looks on the cards

Darcy and North have been in talks for a while nearly 2 months. I really thought that a big Warrnambool offer would make him stay. But maybe a flag chance and big contract at North is more fanciful for him. This one is going to hurt the Blues.

Thoughts on the S.West kids getting drafted today? Time will tell re footy careers but if being a ripping kid/person helps both Hugh Mc and Willim D have one part of the package well and truly sorted. Don't know young Cox.

Thoughts on the S.West kids getting drafted today? Time will tell re footy careers but if being a ripping kid/person helps both Hugh Mc and Willim D have one part of the package well and truly sorted. Don't know young Cox.

Brent Moloney in talks with Roosters about playing block of games and finals if Sth make them.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pockets must be very deep at south

Seems Warrnambool on the nose - Trav gone, Darcy close too gone, Gallichan looking elsewhere, Louis O'Connor gone & my mail is a couple more are testing the waters elsewhere as well....

Not sure if the issue is Cooky or higher up the chain at committee level but seems there are a few wanting out...

I will still believe it when I see it as like I have stated before history tell us Warrnambool rarely lose required players...

But in this instance the jungle drums are beating louder and from all reports been some notable absentees from training with a few testing the waters elsewhere...

Be interesting to see how this plays out and if any ultimately leave...

Seems Warrnambool on the nose - Trav gone, Darcy close too gone, Gallichan looking elsewhere, Louis O'Connor gone & my mail is a couple more are testing the waters elsewhere as well....

Not sure if the issue is Cooky or higher up the chain at committee level but seems there are a few wanting out...

I will still believe it when I see it as like I have stated before history tell us Warrnambool rarely lose required players...

But in this instance the jungle drums are beating louder and from all reports been some notable absentees from training with a few testing the waters elsewhere...

Warrnambool won't be a dominant side, but they still will be a good side. Their history is their young ones are coming through every year, and even after these mini slumps they still bounce back. They still played in the 2015 granny without Rowan and the Grahams. Still got a good mosquito fleet in the front half/midfield, and 3-4 good key position guys. I wouldn't right Warrnambool off, as they are still capable of making the finals. Up to 8 teams can make the finals next year.

Warrnambool won't be a dominant side, but they still will be a good side. Their history is their young ones are coming through every year, and even after these mini slumps they still bounce back. They still played in the 2015 granny without Rowan and the Grahams. Still got a good mosquito fleet in the front half/midfield, and 3-4 good key position guys. I wouldn't right Warrnambool off, as they are still capable of making the finals. Up to 8 teams can make the finals next year.

No mention of writing them off for 2017...
Just stating that there appears to be quite a few players testing the waters elsewhere...

Post also stated that it remains to be seen if any actually leave... them

Who is Louis O'Connor?

Who is Gallican ?

Louis O'Connor is a twos player at the Blues.

Corey Gallichan is a fringe player at the Blues. Been an improving mid half forward who won the Lew Kelly medal last season. Has been fringe for a very handy Blues side for a couple of seasons and will be interesting to see how he goes at a new club or if he remains at Blues.

Louis O'Connor is a twos player at the Blues.

Corey Gallichan is a fringe player at the Blues. Been an improving mid half forward who won the Lew Kelly medal last season. Has been fringe for a very handy Blues side for a couple of seasons and will be interesting to see how he goes at a new club or if he remains at Blues.

Thanks H.M, so it seems only the Grahams leaving is the major problem for Warrnambool. If Rooster Crow is going to start naming players from clubs at the level of Gallichan & O'Çonnor he is going to be very very busy.

Thanks H.M, so it seems only the Grahams leaving is the major problem for Warrnambool. If Rooster Crow is going to start naming players from clubs at the level of Gallichan & O'Çonnor he is going to be very very busy.

Yeah he really is clutching at straws Rooster. Nothing wrong with cleaning out the closet though for the Blues. May not be as strong as previous years but we still have Moo Cowling up forward and he is a handful for any side.

Yeah he really is clutching at straws Rooster. Nothing wrong with cleaning out the closet though for the Blues. May not be as strong as previous years but we still have Moo Cowling up forward and he is a handful for any side.

Not clutching at straws at all. Read the post again. Stated the players that have left and maybe leaving. Gallichan more than reasonable player (could still say)
Also know for a fact that three other high profile players other than Darcy Graham have met with a rival HFNL club. Out of respect to the players in question I will not name them at this stage... They are all multiple senior premiership players....
As I have also said before these players may not leave, but the fact is they are entertaining offers from rival clubs which suggests there is a great deal of unrest at the club.

Big Moo may be a late starter and starved of supply.... Looking light on in the engine room the Blues.....
Cowling is a star no doubt, but can Warrnambool compete with some of the better midfields???

Big Moo may be a late starter and starved of supply.... Looking light on in the engine room the Blues.....
Cowling is a star no doubt, but can Warrnambool compete with some of the better midfields???

Not much has changed in our midfield from last season. Until we see the supposed moves the engine room is still pretty reasonable.

The Roosters could do with a Moo up forward. Where are the goals coming from there? Not sure midfielders make great full forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back