Rumour Hardwick to Coach Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
I have a good friend who has been assured by someone very close to them who is in the inner sanctum at Essendon that this is on the table and actively being considered. Mammoth offer on the table that provides long term security that Richmond can't/won't match.

I'm not sure how to feel about this one. Obviously an extremely successful coach and my source is reliable but it why would Hardwick make this move? We are a rabble

iphone-SPhK.png

Yep, screenshot official.

Isn't a "mammoth offer" in the soft cap era self defeating? Coach on stupid money will have to put his own cones out, rub the players down and stud all the boots himself!
Part of the offer is Sheedy will be supplying the cones from his own garden. Outside of the cap

Highly unlikely with Taranto, Hopper nominating Richmond, and also Martin confirming that he will remain at Tigerland.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As the entire football world has been saying this week..

THERE IS NO MIRACLE WORKING KEVIN SHEEDY ENDORSED COACH WHO CAN JUST COME IN AND FIX ESSENDON.

It's not 1982. The whole club needs to work together from the Board and CEO down. Right now Essendon are a disjointed shambles which is why no one wants to coach them.

We swapped coaches looking for a magic fix for 30 years until Brendan Gale came in and said enough.

You need less advice from 70 year old "legends" and coteries and more basic 21st century sports management and professionalism.

Your vacant CEO role is probably more important than the coach.

The money could interest Hardwick, he would have lost a lot of cash over the break down of his marriage but I really can't see it as Essendon are a total rabble and no experienced coach who knows what is needed for success will want to work under Sheedy. Make no mistake the footy world knows who is in charge and it aint the Prez.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back