Hawks finally answer the fan's calls...

Remove this Banner Ad

The onli game that i remember nick ries from is that 2003 game against melbourne, he and sam mitchell dominated the centre to get the hawks back into the game and eventually win it.

flies under the radar a little bit, i guess that is why he has been cut this year. Good solid player, could be a useful pick up for any other club who is in need of an in and under player who gets the job done with a minimum amount of fuss.

Is there any news on the other 2 rookies the hawks have on their RL? i suppose they will be kept on as rookies... correct me if i'm wrong! probably am! :p

Every Hawks supporter out there knew when Clarko was appointed that Ries had to go and yet he was re-signed for 2 yrs. Why was this done? It's taken too long but better late than never.

Boyle is hopeless from what I've seen.

2007 delistings:

1. Boyle
2. ?

The Kipster said:
Although Mr Ries wasn't the most blessed for speed or talent out there, I believe he was a handy backup mid-fielder.....I personally can't think why we would keep Boyle as every chance he has had, he has blown....very slow even JB was quicker than him....
Although he hasn't shown us much (1 mark against Port!!), Boyle has two advantages on his side, his height and marking ablility. If we are stretched, Boyle could fill a CHB or CHF.

deano the hawka said:
i am abit concerned about us keeping our rookies when they arent needed (well markovic isnt really). It was a shock to hear Luke Brennan delisted after a mediocre year, but still was a top 10 pick...wouldn't be surprised if i see him move to carlton, but there has been speculation about carlton being interested in thurgood, but atleast thurgood miller and brennan have been given a chance in the sense that they can train with hawks and are a chance to be picked up on the rookie list...

it is a little concerning, but don't forget, 2 have been elevated to the senior list, and are almost certainties to be in our starting 18/22.
Marko is a long term prospect, and i believe end of this year he will get a go down back, as i can see him playing a simmilar role to DJ.
McEntee will be a gun, before he was injured, prior to the draft, people had tainted him as a top 20 pick (NAB Draft, not rookie) but he dropped off because of the injury. Great FF/2nd ruck prospect, is quick, has a great set of hands, needs to work on the power to accuracy ratio when kicking, as when he tries to put to much behind the ball, he often shanks the kick.

Ben Kane was delisted due to age, that only leaves 2 players on our rookie list, and players which could do heaps. Dont be too concerned just yet

Beckers said:
Although he hasn't shown us much (1 mark against Port!!), Boyle has two advantages on his side, his height and marking ablility. If we are stretched, Boyle could fill a CHB or CHF.

Jeez, Beckers how long do we leave him on the list? agree with his height but you also need to show something, anything really and he unfortunately hasn't IMO.....I know we have been stretched in games but even when we have been tested Boyle wasn't even playing and when he had the opportunity to show his wears he didn't.....nothing personal against the lad of coursem, I believe a good BHH player thats it....

The Kipster said:
Jeez, Beckers how long do we leave him on the list? agree with his height but you also need to show something, anything really and he unfortunately hasn't IMO.....I know we have been stretched in games but even when we have been tested Boyle wasn't even playing and when he had the opportunity to show his wears he didn't.....nothing personal against the lad of coursem, I believe a good BHH player thats it....
I suppose i am a bit sympathetic after seeing my brothers 4 year battle with a similar break! Boyle had massive wraps on him before the break so i may be living in hope?. Takes a very long time for the confidence to return but it eventually does and Boyle will hopefully start to show something this year. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back