Autopsy Hawks vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Give Wimbledon back to 9. No after match interview, no team song. :thumbsdown:
agreed, i was waiting for that and mrs market thought it was great "we can watch the tennis now..."

<ok, time to go check bigfooty>

What can you say. First half was scintillating, kept it up in the 3rd and just did what we had to do in the last. Loved the games that Cheney, Puopolo, WhiteX etc played, just did the unselfish team stuff. Love the s's (Shiels, Suckling, Savage, Smith), outstanding inclusions. Bailey good again (though had the heart in the mouth with the divot!!).

Interesting to see how we go against the Pies.

Carn HAWKS

What a way to enjoy Friday night - seeing the Hawks smash the Bombers by 10 goals +...Buddy who?!?

Isaac Smith is just so exciting to watch and Puopolo is just a little maniac - goes so hard at it. Shiels, Savage and Suckling were awesome again and Whitecross did a 'Beau Muston' on old man Fletcher. Hodge looking almost back into top form, Birchall playing hard and courageous - was that a pack mark he took in the first quarter?!

Lots to like from our boys, but to be honest Essendon looked like they just couldn;t be bothered for most of the game...

I saw Schoey today at Chadstone. No sign of any discomfort from the look of him. You'd think a longer term or serious foot injury would warrant a moonboot or some protection. So I dont think there is anything too sinister going on there and should hopefully be back next week.

I saw Schoey today at Chadstone. No sign of any discomfort from the look of him. You'd think a longer term or serious foot injury would warrant a moonboot or some protection. So I dont think there is anything too sinister going on there and should hopefully be back next week.

Walking compared to running and jumping is bit different though, did you manage to ask him if he would be back soon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we still get back, Young, Ladson, Ellis, Buddy, Bruce that will definately play this year and add to that now Sewell and Cyril, so all these players will be back this year.
If we can continue to win enough games while gettin game time into these kids come finals we will have a pretty solid list to chose from apart from 3 very important players that we know wont be back...

Oh yer this was our highest score since 2008 and our highest win over the scums in about 10 years...

lisle did no wong in defense tonight. could be a good swing man in he future.

Cheney showed poise in defence also.

Whitey did well v fletch

Hope Cyril and Sewell are only short term injurys

I enjoy easy wins, not because it's just nice to sit back and enjoy a stress free game but it does suggest that the team is going OK regardless of the opposition. The last quarter come back against Freo a few weeks ago was also a good indicator. The team hasn't been doing this in the past couple of years. It's funny how what was the youngest list in the AFL just a couple of years ago has morphed into a "young" exuberant and almost completely different team this season. I feel the main goal needs to be for the youngsters to keep improving looking to the future. Don't want to get too carried away with tonight as Essendon must now surely be in a who stays/who goes phase. They have injuries but lack depth.

The wind was taken out of my sails when Rioli hurt his hamstring.

It was a weird one cos he was struggling to get a touch for a while, then next time I looked he was on the bench with ice on his hammy. Looked like he must have had soreness and then he did the hammy? Or is it still ham soreness only?

So we still get back, Young, Ladson, Ellis, Buddy, Bruce that will definately play this year and add to that now Sewell and Cyril, so all these players will be back this year.
If we can continue to win enough games while gettin game time into these kids come finals we will have a pretty solid list to chose from apart from 3 very important players that we know wont be back...

Oh yer this was our highest score since 2008 and our highest win over the scums in about 10 years...

We get Schoen back this year too hopefully. Suddenly our backline isn't looking too bad.

What a way to spend a Friday night... Watching the Hawks kick the crap out of the Bummers. But for christsake... More freakin injuries. I heard Breust had a quad strain (Minor), Cyril hammy and Sewelly a knee. We will go into the pies match fielding half a box hill side I think. Now to the positives. Cheney played a ripper, Hale was really good in the first half, All the S's were Simply Superb, Birch has to be AA at the moment, Bailey was great, Mitch was Mitch, Hodge was great, Suckers was good, Lisle was great in defence, Gibbo was a monster again. That was definitely the best all round team effort I have seen since '08. Lets hope Murph, Sewell and Rioli are OK for next week. Hopefully Shoey can get up too..

I reckon Buddy could have won the Coleman tonight.

Buddy is a force of nature and dominates even when he isn't going so well. I think the question of team structure and how he is used is quite legitimate. Maybe we should try playing him at full back for a game and see what happens;)

Thorn hawkins (who rarely posts) and I are onto our 2nd bottle of red after a dozen beers to celebrate. Watching replay on fox after watching ch 7 telecast cant get enough. What a result against the scum. Where do you start with our players and their efforts???!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back