Hawks vs Eagles - Friday 31 Aug, 7:50PM - Live Chat from 7:30PM -

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks win with one single quarter of footy. The maggots do their absolute goddamnable utmost to keep the Weagles in it at all costs. Mistakes galore. Weagles not good enough to take advantage of this. When they semi challenged in the last, Hawks do just enough to keep them at bay.

The umpires kept us out of it. We just out ran you in the end, probably because your players thought they had done enough and put the cue in the rack, and they were right.

But I agree with the rest. We fumbled and turned the ball over all night and still lost by only 19. Strange game.

The umpires kept us out of it. We just out ran you in the end, probably because your players thought they had done enough and put the cue in the rack, and they were right.

But I agree with the rest. We fumbled and turned the ball over all night and still lost by only 19. Strange game.

Wow, you didn't watch one single solitary second of the game did you.

You flog. 27 touches 4tackles 5inside 50s. What's a good game by your standards clown

Stats, nice. Did you watch the game as my post was directed at the amount of times he was beaten.

Oh and here are some other stats,
19 uncontested possessions (being feed), 67% DE (then doing nothing with it) 4 clangers and only 1 I50 (not 5 as you said)

Haven't seen Shuey stink it up that badly since the collingwood final last year.

Easy to tell his soft style of play doesn't hold up under pressure.

ummm....no Christensen, Podsiadly, Bartel or Varcoe while Essendon were missing Crameri, Hooker & Dyson the following round v Hawthorn but regained Hocking & Winderlich.

Like I said, do you just look at the final results without checking on other factors :eek:

Obviously watched alot of footy in your day ......

Weren't you in the gameday thread last week complaining about the umpiring the whole time as well?

Most neutral supporters have been saying the umpiring has been at least ok. That's generally a better indication of how the umpiring has been. Stop concentrating on the umpiring and watch the game.

Imo, the umpiring was good tonight. They didn't reward players that drove their heads into other players deliberately, they eased off the soft in the back frees and generally just let the play go.

Anyways on the game. Was a different sort of game. Never felt like Hawthorn were smashing us when they were up by 40 odd points. Too much class from Hawthorn in the end. West Coast still have some pieces to add before they contend i think.

Shocking to see 4th quarter injuries so close to the finals. Hopefully Kennedy is ok and so unfortunate for Guerra. Hope he makes a good recovery.
My son was at the MCG , he was sending sms s' as the game went on . He said after half time the game was weird he said Hawthorn looked like they were frightened to tackle, players were confused and really you can,t tell me you didn,t see some things you weren ,t sure about, I can,t remember the details but at one point last night I saw us get a free and I have no idea what it was for.
Players looked confused one of your blokes got a free kick when he was run down from behind, all I,m saying is these umps either interperate things in there own minds or they are instructed to do so.
Either way when your side is getting caught or over run or just plain being given nothing then you have to question where the rules are going.
I saw players from both sides last night look confused. Yes I,m a fanatical one eyed member of Hawthorn Footy club . But I love football and I know a good side when I see one and your club is quite capable of beating my side, time will tell, but the umpires in some instances are making "not little " but gigantic mistakes and it happens every week to every team to a degree, your team is a little less unlucky than my team but it happens too much.
Now think what you like about my comments it is only a football game , but it is also a massive culture in this country, and, where I come from its like a religion.
Grey rule areas and incompetant umpires don,t help by making the game frustrating instead of fun and I have been watching it for nearly 60 years, its a brilliant game but the umps and rules shouldn,t ruin it.
Once again my bloody side won!!! yes and the umpiring was terrible . Good luck in the finals. Sincerely.

Never anyone ever tell me that Hawthorn gets a legal deal with free kicks.
They are crucified and thats why when we win we,ve done it the hard way , and some teams are close because we get called for everything, and the umps are blind to frees for us against the opposition teams.
FULL STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's because your colours have moved so close to yellow and black the umps think you're Richmond.

Terrible from the ump there. Buddy was already on his way in and he runs in front of the mark like buddy needs to be reminded of the rules. Piss off.

Buddy may well have missed it anyway (as he did when he finally took it) but that was just horrendous umpiring to run in and stop him them. Grand standing by that umpire - plain and simple.

Buddy obviously heard the siren and decided to keep going and take his kick anyway - and he should have been allowed to. The umpire had no right at all to stop a player making his run up at a goal for no reason. If he plays on - penalise him. But seriously, he heard the siren and knew he couldn't play on. That was no different to Hawkins v Hawks and the umpire let him take his shot. Simply stupid umpiring.

Buddy may well have missed it anyway (as he did when he finally took it) but that was just horrendous umpiring to run in and stop him them. Grand standing by that umpire - plain and simple.

Buddy obviously heard the siren and decided to keep going and take his kick anyway - and he should have been allowed to. The umpire had no right at all to stop a player making his run up at a goal for no reason. If he plays on - penalise him. But seriously, he heard the siren and knew he couldn't play on. That was no different to Hawkins v Hawks and the umpire let him take his shot. Simply stupid umpiring.
I would hope that a couple of those umpires from last night might get a rest for the next few weeks .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sure you can, we were also reduced to 17 fit men and 4 of our starters were out of the team.

I guess West Coast may be trouble for Hawthorn in the finals given quite a few played ordinary games and they also had a few quality players out of the side.

Took them apart early and then just kept them at bay for the rest of the night. Looked likely to kick right away in the last after Rioli goaled but then the Eagles managed to get a bit of momentum on the back of 2 or 3 goals from some bewildering decision/non-decisions.

At no stage were the Hawks even troubled last night.

Don't think the umpires influenced the game at all.

And to the person who said it wasn't a free to Waters. Watch the replay, Mitchell put his hand in Waters back. So technically it was hands in the back simple.

Doesn't matter how forceful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back