Peptides! Hawks vs Hird and the guinea pigs - Preview the big game here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birch in for Schoey.

Scum made 5 changes and have dropped Chapman.
Chapman is cooked for my money.

Too many youngsters after his spot.
I reckon one will get it sometime soon.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Really irritated that Langford isn't getting picked. He is our leading contested possession winner for the year and one of my favourite players. Happy to see Birch back, though.

Duryea would be my pick for the sub, I think the tripple combo of Hartung, Hill and Smith will be too much run for Essendon. They don't really have a dangerous small forward for Duryea to play on (as much as he has impressed me this year).

I dont reckon Duryea's game will keep evolving at the current rate if he is used as the sub.
On performance...there are a couple of others that could be warming the pine ahead of him with the green vest on.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Really irritated that Langford isn't getting picked. He is our leading contested possession winner for the year and one of my favourite players. Happy to see Birch back, though.

Duryea would be my pick for the sub, I think the tripple combo of Hartung, Hill and Smith will be too much run for Essendon. They don't really have a dangerous small forward for Duryea to play on (as much as he has impressed me this year).

I think in some cases the coaches are using the sub position to manage the work loads of some players. Rather than it being a purely game tactical thing, more a man management thing. If that makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking Clarkson needs to get extra creative and find a way to squeeze Sicily into the team. Kicking plenty of goals at BHH and could be the x factor this year. I know he throws players around all day but maybe try Rough as a more permanent mid. I don't know but I just think Clarko needs to find that little bit of extra edge.

Wow this is a seriously strong team we have named.

Please not billy sub. His biggest weapon is his 4 qtr endurance so why waste it.

Doc or suckers sub. Preferably Suckers.

Billy's pretty good as a sub though, takes no time to get into the game when he comes on. I don't think coaches like to have players play too many games in a row as sub though so on that basis I think someone else will get the dreaded green vest this week.

Hawks need to get serious.

The list is strong, the team is healthy, time to get our heads right and smack a side or two.

With Grant Birchall now into the line-up, this is by far the strongest back six we've fielded this season.

Back Pocket
Stratton (2x Premiership player)
Lake (2x Premiership player, Norm Smith medalist, 2x All-Australian)
Gibson (2x Premiership player, Club Best & Fairest 2013)

Half Back
Birchall (3x Premiership player, All-Australian 2012)
Frawley (All-Australian 2010)
Burgoyne (3x Premiership player, 2x All-Australian)

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back