Peptides! Hawks vs Hird and the guinea pigs - Preview the big game here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Grant Birchall now into the line-up, this is by far the strongest back six we've fielded this season.

Back Pocket
Stratton (2x Premiership player)
Lake (2x Premiership player, Norm Smith medalist, 2x All-Australian)
Gibson (2x Premiership player, Club Best & Fairest 2013)

Half Back
Birchall (3x Premiership player, All-Australian 2012)
Frawley (All-Australian 2010)
Burgoyne (3x Premiership player, 2x All-Australian)

:D

The fact that Josh Gibson is not an All Australian is an indictment on the very award and the people who judge it.

Absolute joke.

Gibson and Fyfe both best and fairest winners in sides that won and made the GF in 2013 and neither makes the AA team, go Figure.

Gibson should not only be AA, he should be a 3 x AA. Been every bit as good as the overly recognised Corey Enright who has had the luxury of playing on guys he's suited too. Gibbo has not only played well above his weight on much tougher opponents, he has excelled at beating them as well as providing great rebound and also being one of the best chop out defenders for his team mates.

It absolutely staggers me he has no AA. I consider him in the top 5 backmen of the past 7-8 years.

Gibson should not only be AA, he should be a 3 x AA. Been every bit as good as the overly recognised Corey Enright who has had the luxury of playing on guys he's suited too. Gibbo has not only played well above his weight on much tougher opponents, he has excelled at beating them as well as providing great rebound and also being one of the best chop out defenders for his team mates.

It absolutely staggers me he has no AA. I consider him in the top 5 backmen of the past 7-8 years.

He should have AA in 2012/2013 absolutely no doubt about it... I think in 2013 Mackie was selected above him lol

He should have AA in 2012/2013 absolutely no doubt about it... I think in 2013 Mackie was selected above him lol

Even Mackie's Mum would prefer Gibbo.

The thing is, he'll go close to our BnF again this year I reckon and will miss out again too.

Even Mackie's Mum would prefer Gibbo.

The thing is, he'll go close to our BnF again this year I reckon and will miss out again too.

I suppose hopefully becoming a triple premiership player will make his care factor 0, but its annoying he's getting unfairly overlooked.

I think in 2013 Mackie was selected above him lol

Sums it up, they went with a guy whose greatest asset is supposedly his ability to trash talk, over the leagues best rebound/spoiling key defender. I know who I'd bet my life on in a true one on one contest.

Having such a clueless coterie of ass hats selecting the team really makes it hard to enjoy it when a player is actually selected to that side. It's almost impossible for selectors to $#@k it up, but yet they seemingly have a howler or two every year...

We're talking about someone who would be in the discussion of Hawthorn's greatest ever side. AA selection is a joke and has been for decades. Remember when the 1991 Premiers didn't have one single AA selection? But questionable selections go back way further than that. If this is potentially another case of jealous m-f campaigners making the selections, then it just has to stop. Enough. Park your pitiful little egos at the curb and make choices based on logic, rather than spite and/or personal favourites. Why should fans have to put up with such rubbish while so-called experts stroke themselves silly with absurd choices? It's yet another reason to hate on the self-obsessed ex-football media 'personalities' who unfairly get the nod as selectors simply because they rub shoulders with Gillon and co. I think if ever there's a major award that senior coaches should be involved in, this is it! Each coach nominates their best 22 (no players from their own team) and AA is determined based on highest tallies. Simples.

/rant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're talking about someone who would be in the discussion of Hawthorn's greatest ever side. AA selection is a joke and has been for decades. Remember when the 1991 Premiers didn't have one single AA selection? But questionable selections go back way further than that. If this is potentially another case of jealous m-f campaigners making the selections, then it just has to stop. Enough. Park your pitiful little egos at the curb and make choices based on logic, rather than spite and/or personal favourites. Why should fans have to put up with such rubbish while so-called experts stroke themselves silly with absurd choices? It's yet another reason to hate on the self-obsessed ex-football media 'personalities' who unfairly get the nod as selectors simply because they rub shoulders with Gillon and co. I think if ever there's a major award that senior coaches should be involved in, this is it! Each coach nominates their best 22 (no players from their own team) and AA is determined based on highest tallies. Simples.

/rant

Might be a rant, Agent. However, in my opinion, an excellent one.

It would be a great way to get the AA team selected be the most knowledgeable persons in the competition, the coaches.

Looking at so called experts mid year AA selections is a brilliant way to get a ripping laugh!! One Hawk. Mitchell on HBF, apparently he ain't good enough to be an out and out mid!! How about Luke Hodges season? Career high stats all around but not been mentioned once. In fact he should've been AA last year along with Gunno and Silk!! And I don't wanna even start on Gibbo! Rance had 10 good games last year and was unequivocally selected and this year the ********s are in love with McDonald and McGovern! Here is the list of Hawks that should be considered strongly this year.
Hodge
Sammy
Smith
Gibbo
Jordi - his last couple of games have been down but averages 34 possies pg. enough said.

Might be a rant, Agent. However, in my opinion, an excellent one.

It would be a great way to get the AA team selected be the most knowledgeable persons in the competition, the coaches.
Were they (the coaches) the same people who awarded Ken Hinkley Coach of the Year in 2013 for winning an incredible TWELVE (12) h&a games?

Were they (the coaches) the same people who awarded Ken Hinkley Coach of the Year in 2013 for winning an incredible TWELVE (12) h&a games?

Well, yeah. Never thought of that, my bad. Also, chose Lyon and Longmiur the following years, didn't they?

Just another example of us against the rest. However, they should do a better job than the current mob.

Incidentally, AA team and Brownlow votes have been of little interest to me for decades. A.F.L. footy is a team game played by teams, so the only award worth winning is the Premiership cup, and, without a doubt, we are the best at that.

I know the players would rather have the premiership medal than an AA selection
If I had the choice of a 3 peat with no Hawks in AA or 5 Hawks in AA and no flag this year I know which one I would pick.

AA has been a joke for years, they don't pick a team like a real coach would, hell they don't even really pick a super coach team, they just pick the guys they bang on about all year from looking at a stats sheet, not from watching games.

Its impossible for the AA selectors to watch every game live, I doubt they even watch them all on TV, but we know the TV coverage is so terrible it's amost impossible to tell who is really working hard, whats happening off the ball etc.

Imagine the pressure on Hird if we win by 100+ points. That said he'd still find a way to duck the Damascus sword.

He's made some good changes this week going for more run which could pay off.

Then again it could be catastrophic.

Interesting times. If we can beat the Bombres this Saturday, we're Top 4. The following week, if we can get over the Pies, we're a game clear in the Top 4.

Defeat Essendon this week and Collingwood next week and we can plausibly afford to drop 2 out of Sydney, Fremantle (Tasmania) and West Coast in the run home and still make top 4 (our draw otherwise is pretty meh)

All we have to do is qualify for the top 4, do a Lions 2003 and title #13 is ours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back