Autopsy Hawks vs The Party Pies...cold and soggy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tige's need to score close to 100 points and win by 3-4 goals to drop the Swans % below ours.

It's an interesting one because I think I would rather play Geelong in the QF but i'll probably be hoping that the Tigers beat them by the 4 goals and send us top.

The Pies' fans behaviour on here adds to my befuddlement as to the hatred towards their club. I'm yet to meet a Pies fan who has acted like a flog when it comes to the Hawks - and footy in general. Compare this to the numerous absolute tossers I've come across who are Essendrugs fans. And the guy that threatened to 'beat the s**t' out of me at an RSL on ANZAC Day because I told someone I was a Hawks fan (guy was standing next to me but not in our conversation).

Classy effort Pies fans, well played. And thanks again to your President for using his profile to get the AFL to let the COLA go flat from 2017, bravo!

Tige's need to score close to 100 points and win by 3-4 goals to drop the Swans % below ours.

It feels so wrong to cheer Richmond, even when I live here. Today all Hawks are from Tigerland - do us proud and smash the AFL $wines.

If it was one of our players we would be calling for blood.

I wouldn't be.

Was more in line with the Malceski tackle on Hill a few weeks ago than trip Rough got done for. Leg trips are worse than those by hand. Nothing to worry about and I'm never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken.

The Pies' fans behaviour on here adds to my befuddlement as to the hatred towards their club. I'm yet to meet a Pies fan who has acted like a flog when it comes to the Hawks - and footy in general. Compare this to the numerous absolute tossers I've come across who are Essendrugs fans. And the guy that threatened to 'beat the s**t' out of me at an RSL on ANZAC Day because I told someone I was a Hawks fan (guy was standing next to me but not in our conversation).

Classy effort Pies fans, well played. And thanks again to your President for using his profile to get the AFL to let the COLA go flat from 2017, bravo!
Fair call. But a big reason for this is because we keep flogging them. But yeah. Love Eddies work over COLA which also goes back to the Lions power years.

Fair call. But a big reason for this is because we keep flogging them. But yeah. Love Eddies work over COLA which also goes back to the Lions power years.

And we don't tackle, we corral. Get the other player to think, over- commit, or try to kick with your player pressuring & distracting him.

An example last night was when Ceglar corralled an opponent, forced him to kick under pressure and the guy kicked out on the full. If Cegs tried to tackle, he may have got past him

A great example was Gibbo against Buddy in the $wans game: corralled Buddy and caused a mistake.

Some of the teams with high tackle counts are the defensive teams who use rolling mauls; I don't need to say who they are, and how ugly their footy is!

We definitely force turnovers through corralling and positioning, often without needing to make an effective tackle.

I will say though that we aren't great at sticking tackles when a tackle just has to be stuck though and that might come about because we don't incorporate a tackle at all costs mentality.

It was pathetic.
1. It was never going to hurt him
2. Completely unnecessary
3. You don't do that to someone who is 15x better at footy than you
4. Thanks for the goal, dickhead.
Wasn't it Sidebottom who did that?

Well, he's not 15x worse at footy than Breust.

Maybe 6x. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch for these gnomes next Friday, we know they love giving the frees to the Duckers, and ensure they get them. Softwood, Bartel, and a few others..
Lets hope we survive those three gnomes...Better wear vests to protect our players...:DAs usual there will be 21 players out there..:rolleyes:

th
th
L

I think the real positive out of this game was Mitchell, Gunston, Hale and Gibson finding form. If these guys maintain their form, we will be very hard to stop.
  • Mitchell: Had an unbelieve game. 30 disposals, 13 contested, 10 clearances at 93% efficiency.
  • Gibson: 36 disposals (most of his career), 11 marks at 83% efficiency.
  • Gunston: 23 disposals, 5 goals
  • Hale: 2 goals, 1 behind, 3 goal assists.

that first quarter reminded me of laurel and hardy, abbot and Costello mixed with the three stooges , verse monty python, Kenny everitt, and aunty jack. what a crap joke of footy. gws verse casey scorpions would be more entertaining.

but that 3rd quarter reminds me how good we can be, its like the Rock verse beeber....
If aunty jack had been on the field in that qtr it would've been more entertaining. :D

I'm glad Gibson turned it on after 1/4 time. For the first quarter I thought he was terrible, probably our worst player.

If you go back and look at his first 6 or so involvements they all ended with either a direct turnover or a disposal that placed a teammate under heaps of pressure that resulted in a turnover! Mind you he wasn't alone there, but he was terrible in that first quarter!

Hope he's new found form runs into finals.

I'm glad Gibson turned it on after 1/4 time. For the first quarter I thought he was terrible, probably our worst player.

If you go back and look at his first 6 or so involvements they all ended with either a direct turnover or a disposal that placed a teammate under heaps of pressure that resulted in a turnover! Mind you he wasn't alone there, but he was terrible in that first quarter!

Hope he's new found form runs into finals.
Gibbo found a new role as a rebounding defender sprinting through the corridor and linking up. Was an interesting experiment.

Gibbo found a new role as a rebounding defender sprinting through the corridor and linking up. Was an interesting experiment.
Yep, you're right. Worked quite well too. Doesn't excuse the amount of mistakes he made early on, but overall. Those who reckon he's up there for BOG are off the mark for mine.

Clarkson says 'ummm' a hell of a lot in his pressers.

You Just noticed that !!!

The Bride now makes a thing of counting the "ummms" while watching his Pressers.

She recently read "Playing to Win", and commented that the Introduction couldn't have been written by Cloako, as there were no "umms" in it.

Yep, you're right. Worked quite well too. Doesn't excuse the amount of mistakes he made early on, but overall. Those who reckon he's up there for BOG are off the mark for mine.

Agree that he was unusually sloppy early but rebounded well. Among our best but Lewis, Gunston, Birchall and Mitchell were all ahead of him for mine.

Great to see him going for his marks more often as it means he gets more clean possessions.

Gunston spent a fair bit of time in the back line towards the end of the game, main job seemed to be spoiling the forwards. Did a fair job too. Wonder if Clarko was experimenting for a worst case scenario or it was deemed necessary because Lake was off the ground?

Gunston spent a fair bit of time in the back line towards the end of the game, main job seemed to be spoiling the forwards. Did a fair job too. Wonder if Clarko was experimenting for a worst case scenario or it was deemed necessary because Lake was off the ground?
Played back late in the game against the Cats also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back