News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. Hawks did what they had to do by the rules of the AFL.
Correct. For reference below, once the HFC had the report outlining serious allegations they were duty bound by the AFL’s protocol to hand over the report to the AFL integrity unit.

I will pin this post, as it seems to be a constant query.

3FB2C172-49CC-4619-8AE6-C93597A89870.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My god. I'm absolutely horrified by this. This is a very difficult read. Hawthorn has a lot of work to do to repair this.

Warning - Some people might find the allegations in here distressing.

Club statement:

Wow this is a lot to process, regardless of colour family is always important.

I find it hard to comprehend Shaun Burgoyne would stand for any of this and also would not be close to Al Clarkson if this was true, asuming he is in the know about these issues.

Clarko always seem good and supportive with kids, an families.

Sams issues with the health of his twin girls when they were babies is well known and apprently the club was understanding and supportive.

I just hope we can get this sorted, an figure out a good balance.

I am sure some of this true, how much it is twisted to suit an individuals resentment of a failed relationship or career i am not sure.

Let's make sure were good now Hawks.

Makes you wonder if Jed Anderson was one of these players.

Always felt something was not right when he left us. An now he an Clarko are at the Roos again.
Not for long if any of this is proved to be true. Clarko will probably never officially set foot in the door there. Or any other AFL club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocked. Appalled. Lost for words this has happened. That it could even be alleged

Racism is one thing, but did they look into how non indigenous players were treated as well? Has the investigation gone far enough?

I imagine the story of Gayle Garlett would have been a grim one. We heard snippets of one side of the story ...

I Feel sick.

Just lost for words. If even a shred of this is true (not me casting doubt - just saying it’s so damning that even if some of it happened it’s appalling) then anyone still at the club who might have been involved needs to be walked promptly.

His position must be questioned if this is accurate. Same with Fagan at Brisbane, Roughead at Saints. Not fit to be associated with the sport.

I know this sounds shocking about some of our favourite sons. I'm in shock. But this is worse than the Collingwood saga.

I want anyone involved gone from the club - but players at the time wouldn’t have had the slightest involvement in these proceedings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back