News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. Hawks did what they had to do by the rules of the AFL.
Correct. For reference below, once the HFC had the report outlining serious allegations they were duty bound by the AFL’s protocol to hand over the report to the AFL integrity unit.

I will pin this post, as it seems to be a constant query.

3FB2C172-49CC-4619-8AE6-C93597A89870.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from Rioli! The rest are not even average AFL players, looking for a pay day to set up there future! Didn’t like that they weren’t good enough to make it!

Does that mean you’re going to seek a payday from whatever school left you with such shocking grammar skills?

Indeed, there's nothing inherently racial about the statement. But it's a really hardcore thing to say to somebody, and I want to know if he said it.

The thing is - if the allegations are true or even somewhat true it would show that Indigenous players were potentially treated very differently. If the case was that young Indigenous blokes were having middle aged men encroach in their private lives moreso than other players then there is a possible bias happening there. This isn’t to say that simply the accused are racist - but there is possibly some prejudice playing a part. It might even come from a well-meaning place but at the end of the day if young Indigenous players were the only ones dealing with this kind of involvement from coaches and club management then it’s problematic.

It’s why I’ve had issues with the way this thread is titled and has been reported on - the investigation wasn’t a ‘racism report’ it was an investigation into the experience of Indigenous players at our club based on the statements of a revered club legend.

Try learning something.

Since were sharing, something to assist you with your superiority complex
😁

People with this complex often have exaggerated opinions of themselves. They may believe their abilities and achievements surpass those of others.

However, a superiority complex may actually be hiding low self-esteem or a sense of inferiority.

Since were sharing, something to assist you with your superiority complex
😁

People with this complex often have exaggerated opinions of themselves. They may believe their abilities and achievements surpass those of others.

However, a superiority complex may actually be hiding low self-esteem or a sense of inferiority.

It’s good to know your amateur psychology misfires about as much as your trade/free agent ramblings.

Thanks for proving my point Ned.

Thanks for insinuating that Cyril Rioli conspired with other Indigenous players to make up malicious claims against numerous people because they wanted a payday because they didn’t make much money out of the game. If you’re proud of that kind of input then good for you, I guess.

How do you guys have the energy for internet ping pong?

Mad Looney Tunes GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This whole exchange began with my questioning brad sue well's vile attacks on a definitely-guilty Clarko. It sounds like you agree with me that there isn't actually any available evidence to justify that kind of stridency.

And no, a claim by the aggrieved doesn't prove anything. People lie under oath constantly. If you have any real evidence, please show it to us.
Right so you’re saying because some people lie under oath that all recollections of something happening under oath can never be reliable evidence/prove something?

Last edited:
[The door opens.]
CUSTOMER: Is this the right room for an argument?
MR. BARNARD: I’ve told you once.
CUSTOMER: No you haven’t
MR. BARNARD: [Deliberate] Yes I have.
CUSTOMER: [Confused] When?
MR. BARNARD: Just now.
CUSTOMER: No you didn’t.
MR. BARNARD: Yes I did.
CUSTOMER: [Annoyed] Didn’t.
MR. BARNARD: I did!
CUSTOMER: Didn’t!
MR. BARNARD: I’m telling you I did.
CUSTOMER: You did not!
MR. BARNARD: Oh, sorry, is this a five minute argument or the full half-hour?
CUSTOMER: [Realizing] Oh! Oh, just the five minute one.

[The door opens.]

Not as good as the burglar/encyclopaedia salesman sketch.

[The door opens.]
I think I prefer the Getting Hit On The Head lessons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back