Review Hawthorn v North Round 5 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez, good question. Look, in all the coaching manuals he did the right thing. Sammy was settled, running towards the goal, had time and is generally a very safe kick. So I say yes, right decision. Would've been happy for Wellsy to have taken it on though.

Yeah.

We all talk about his lack of selfishness at times and I agree, I would have given it to Sammy (who is our best kick) in that instance as well.

In saying that, when he is up and about like he was tonight. I wouldn't mind if he said **** it, I'll try and do it myself.

Nah...more this on TV,

nails.jpg
I dunno, you didn't have a squealing female Hawthorn fan behind you. I think she thought she was at a One Direction concert. Give me nails on a black board any day!

I agree that he is not suited to being a sub and I agree that he is prone to butcher the ball.

The problem is we delisted Campbell and Anthony is probably the only player not in the starting 23 that can run out an entire quarter without a rest which is another key factor when picking a sub.
That's true. I understand why they did it but I would've kept Campbell.

Composure.... wow we lack it when it gets down to the wire. Disappointed in Petrie should have nailed that goal he is a senior player and needed to stand up. Ziebell from the boundary should have centred it.. wells was unselfish in giving it off to wright but he probably would have slotted that goal. All these costly moments running through my mind!

All in all heaps of positives just painfully disappointing we did not hang on. Thought JMAC and Wells were very good, swallow was amazing- life and death stuff throwing his body over the ball in that last quarter, Thompson and LT- played like men possessed LT didnt look like missing a set shot. Plenty of others showed a lot as well.

Big negative was the crowd.. we were outnumbered 1-4 i reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't blame Dish for that final shot on goal. Too far out. We/He missed too many easy ones beforehand. Good voice from North fans at the ground.

Still reckon he should've unloaded a barrel (or hit up Anthony although the way he was kicking..........). Higher percentage than 4 on Thomas and Ziebell. We make so many dumb decisions late. I don't think we hit a leading target in the forward 50 all day.
Ziebell was one out with Guerra in the goalsquare if Drew had got it in quick. His decision making was just meh today.

Ziebell was one out with Guerra in the goalsquare if Drew had got it in quick. His decision making was just meh today.

As a team we are very poor at playing on/making quick kicks to capitalize on mismatches, quick leads or players in space. Very frustrating to watch.

As a team we are very poor at playing on/making quick kicks to capitalize on mismatches, quick leads or players in space. Very frustrating to watch.
Yep, Drew's not on his lonesome there, he was particularly noticeable today though.

OK then. Seems like it's off to the VFL for you Andy Swallow.:rolleyes:
I actually think Swallow's a decent kick, certainly more reliable than the two examples I gave.

He's not a penetrative one due to his kicking action, but he can be relied upon to consistently hit a target.

It was a game for small forwards (Thomas 5, Rioli 4) but our tall forwards were s**t tonight.

Black showed a bit............. but 3 goals combined from our 3 tall forwards (Petrie, Black and Daw) was under par. That being said Daw could have quite easily kicked all 3 of his shots that missed.

I am loathe to criticise Drew but I thought he could have provided more leadership in the forward line today! Too many talls flying for the same mark too many times for my liking. I would have liked to see him marshaling our young tall forwards more today in the way Heath Shaw and Nick Maxwell do with the Collingwood backline!

Seems this bloke hasn't heard of chocolate milk proteins or the goodness of milk.

Adam White@White_Adam
Kangaroos' fitness gurus were pouring chocolate milk out of two litre bottles for players after the game. And they claim to be athletes...

Seems this bloke hasn't heard of chocolate milk proteins or the goodness of milk.

Adam White@White_Adam
Kangaroos' fitness gurus were pouring chocolate milk out of two litre bottles for players after the game. And they claim to be athletes...
Cows first milk:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back