Game Day Hawthorn vs Essendon, MCG, 27/06/15 (Kav sub, no late changes)

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hes named on the bench and I think he's a chance to start SUB that is all....

Hows that half forward line!!!!

Watson Hurley Z.Merrett

love it :)
Cooney is the sub for me.

Didn't we go through this a few weeks ago? He isn't playing well enough in the VFL, he is way off at the moment.

His recent game was pretty good, kicked 3 I think, but dempsey also played well

Glad obrien has gotten reward for effort and I hope he has a good game. Shame about fantasia, was impressive last week. Super happy kav is stringing games together.

McKernan is a welcome inclusion. Zaka alive? Club lies so much. Sad Laverde isnt getting a go but would also like him to play against melb and saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mind the selections.
However, it does look a fairly ordinary team, unfortunately.

Based on form and capability, I can only rank 6 of the named 22 as a good chance to be effective, good players this week. They are Baguley, Hooker, Hurley, Heppell, Goddard (?), ZacM.

Anothers 8 I consider likely to be ordinary, due to form (Hibberd, Carlisle, Watson), match fitness (Winders) and in some cases limited potential (Smack as first ruck, Joe at this stage of his development) and Gwilt and Stanton because they are just modest at best at this stage of their careers.

The remaining 8 are probably not up to the task of playing well at AFL level against good opposition at this stage - maybe harsh on some, but in my opinion, a statement of reality at this point in time. There are a few among them that I hope for development from (Kav, JMerrett, Edwards, Gleeson) so I'm certainly not writing them off, but they can't realistically be expected to provide more than small contributions right now. And I'm not really expecting much from NOB (really approve the selection though, he has earnt it, and I hope he goes well), Dempsey, Melksham and Cooney.

A bit negative perhaps, but probably realistic.

View attachment 146823

Found this on the team selection page on our site. Surely we wouldn't have both Hurley and Carlisle forward?

Can't see it happening - Hale, Roughead and Gunston are playing.

Though Steinberg emergency, maybe somebody's out and there's some mental plan to bring him in and play Hurley forward.

I think Hale didn't play last time? He will improve their side by a fair margin I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back