Debutant
Dec 13, 2009
West Western Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool Football Club
Lets move into Season 2011...

Can someone post all the new coaches and recruits/departures for each club so far so we can forget about the 2010 thread....

Here is what i know for ins and outs so far 2011... please fill in the blanks!!

Kalkee - Wade and Mibus
Ins-

Out- Steve Schultz, Grant Schultz (Warrack Eagles)

Harrow-Bal -
Ins-

Outs- Gareth Egan?? , Josh Vickery?? (Coleraine)

Rupanyup-
Ins-

Outs- Steve Owen (????), Brent Flood (Horsham)

Taylors Lake- Brooks
Ins- Gavin Kelm, Heath Kelm, Tim Kelm, (Horsham Saints), John dixon (beulah),

Outs-

Nor-Quan-
Ins-

Outs-

Edenhope Apsley - Brian 'Cobber' Cassidy
Ins- Bernie Kealy (overseas)

Outs- Cameron Domaschenz, Taylor Milner, Greg Hamilton???, (Natimuk), Ed Hardy (year off)

Laharum- Marcus Demaria
Ins- Marcus Demaria (Yeronga-South Brisbane)

Outs-

Swifts-Paul Hanns
Ins-

Outs-

Natimuk- Brett Whitely
Ins- Cameron Domaschenz, Taylor Milner, Greg Hamilton??? (E/A),

Outs-

GW-
Ins-

Outs-

Pimpinio-
Ins-

Outs-

Here is what i know for ins and outs so far 2011... please fill in the blanks!!

Kalkee - Wade and Mibus
Ins-

Out- Steve Schultz, Grant Schultz (Warrack Eagles)

Harrow-Bal -
Ins-

Outs- Gareth Egan?? , Josh Vickery?? (Coleraine)

Rupanyup-
Ins-

Outs- Steve Owen (????), Brent Flood (Horsham)

Taylors Lake- Brooks
Ins- Gavin Kelm, Heath Kelm, Tim Kelm, (Horsham Saints), John dixon (beulah),

Outs-

Nor-Quan-
Ins-

Outs-

Edenhope Apsley - Brian 'Cobber' Cassidy
Ins- Bernie Kealy (overseas)

Outs- Cameron Domaschenz, Taylor Milner, Greg Hamilton???, (Natimuk), Ed Hardy (year off)

Laharum- Marcus Demaria
Ins- Marcus Demaria (Yeronga-South Brisbane)

Outs-

Swifts-Paul Hanns
Ins-

Outs-

Natimuk- Brett Whitely
Ins- Cameron Domaschenz, Taylor Milner, Greg Hamilton??? (E/A),

Outs-

GW-
Ins-

Outs-

Pimpinio-
Ins-

Outs-
Great Western- OUTS: Everyone!
due to their league transfer to go to MDFL the club has now gone into recess and will try and reform in 2 years. Where will the players go?

The players are mostly moved ballarat way hence the reason they tried to get into mdfl! You can be sure to see them in 2yrs time but only in the mdfl! A lot of players were traveling from ballarat/Geelong and it's too hard to get them players to horsham! Vcfl has made a terrible decision for not only the club but the community!

The players are mostly moved ballarat way hence the reason they tried to get into mdfl! You can be sure to see them in 2yrs time but only in the mdfl! A lot of players were traveling from ballarat/Geelong and it's too hard to get them players to horsham! Vcfl has made a terrible decision for not only the club but the community!

It's a sad day once again in counrty football especially for the hard working community of the Western it sounds like once again the VCFL could'nt give a dam obout minor league clubs like they did back in the early 90s i dont like to say it but it will be very hard to come back out of recess but if anyone can d
o it the Western can.Best of luck up there fella's:thumbsu:

Sorry meant late 90s

It's a sad day once again in counrty football especially for the hard working community of the Western it sounds like once again the VCFL could'nt give a dam obout minor league clubs like they did back in the early 90s i dont like to say it but it will be very hard to come back out of recess but if anyone can do it the Western can.Best of luck up there fella's:thumbsu:
Very sad, GT Western did a great job with a comprehensive submission which was delivered with heart and great club pride, Their points in regards to player retention were completely overlooked by the powers that be and now it has come to this, Keep your head GWFC and hopefully things can turn around.

Great western has a lot of loyal footballers and netballers that will be back in 2yrs! Hopefully we can recruit more once we change leagues! Thanks guys!

2 years = extinction. All the players will play elsewhere and not return, Netballers same. No juniors coming through as they will play in Ararat or Stawell. A very sad day

The last club to go into recess (as opposed to folding) in the Horsham District League was Kalkee. From memory this was either 1975 or 1976. The club then re formed and became a power house through the 1980’s playing in several finals series against outstanding Rupanyup and St Michaels sides. Other clubs that are in recess are Longernong and Jung who went into recess in 1972 after winning the premiership in 1968.
Longernong tried to reform in the early 1980’s firstly on there own then in partnership with the old Murtoa club but it never took off.
Gee, Fancy, you have a very long memory! You must be old! I was not even born back then. Things have changed a lot since those days. Back then I'm sure there would have been an absolute commitment from the existing players to return to the club from retirement/recess/reluctance or to return to the club from other clubs (being cleared)... The problem here/now is that the players are saying that they will not commit to the club if it is to stay with the HDFL.

These days going into recess is akin to folding and then the club is just hoping to have enough people interested to reform when the time comes.

Will the VCFL see the error of it's ways at the 11th hour to rectify it's decission. Or is this decission by GW just a ploy by GW to influence the VCFL prior to the 2011 season?

To come to this point, it is a very sad time for the GW people. I hope it all works out for the best. For them and us (the HDFL).

The last club to go into recess (as opposed to folding) in the Horsham District League was Kalkee. From memory this was either 1975 or 1976. The club then re formed and became a power house through the 1980’s playing in several finals series against outstanding Rupanyup and St Michaels sides. Other clubs that are in recess are Longernong and Jung who went into recess in 1972 after winning the premiership in 1968.
Longernong tried to reform in the early 1980’s firstly on there own then in partnership with the old Murtoa club but it never took off.
I don't think that is quite right. Kalkee last went into recess way back in 1959 and reformed in 1960. Longerenong, or College as they were known, played up until 1984. Are you saying College and Jung are still in recess? Surely they would have well and truly been wound up by now.

Calling a lady old.....your a real gentleman Moose.

Can anyone tell me what has changed for great Western over the last decade? Presumably they requested come into the HDFL for a reason? Should clubs be permitted to league hop as their circumstances change? Why are people blaming the VCFL for? If Ouyen wanted to come into the HDFL surely you would take into account the wishes of the existing clubs? There is a straight up process there and it has been followed. Isn’t this what the clubs have asked for, the law of the jungle, the strong survive and the weak perish.

10 years ago there were alot more people in the Ararat/Stawell area wanting to play football. Now as soon as kids turn 18 they move to the city for uni and stuff. It wasnt that long ago that there was an ararat and district league but gradually those teams started to merge and after the 1999 season the league was made defunct. Now there are only 2 teams in Ararat and 2 in stawell and both struggle for numbers so you can see how hard it must be for somewhere like Great western to get players. They went to the Horsham and district league because at that time they had enough local players to do so but now with the lack of numbers they have sauced players from Ballarat, Geelong etc and travelling to horsham every second week is just too far where as Mininera would cut travelling time down. Thats what has changed. Its the same in every country league, all the young guys move to the city, that is why each city league has about 7 divisions and the country struggle to get seniors and reserves.

I think they were one vote short of getting into the mdfl... Im pretty sure.. it would be the 2 furtherest clubs in that league that wouldnt want the extra travel but its only 15 mins more driving...

I think they were one vote short of getting into the mdfl... Im pretty sure.. it would be the 2 furtherest clubs in that league that wouldnt want the extra travel but its only 15 mins more driving...

Sorry correct myself only 4 teams voted for western which would of been most likel the close towns!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry correct myself only 4 teams voted for western which would of been most likel the close towns!

VCFL has got it all wrong they can't just let one club in and not the other
great Western should contact the VCFL and send then thank you for costing us our Club

Hang on there, Andyt30. The circumstances of Ararat Eagles and Great Western are quite different. After the winding up of the LPFL, Ararat Eagles no longer had a league to participate in. The best option for them was the MDFL, whose clubs voted against their inclusion, which is their right. In the end, the VCFL had to step in and find a home league for them. Best fit being MDFL. So Ararat Eagles won that appeal to the VCFL.

Great Western were already a part of a healthy, functioning league, being the HDFL. MDFL clubs again voted against the inclusion of Great Western (Their choice entirely). Great Western, although not being right up in the top five, were not doing too badly in the HDFL. In this circumtance I do not see why the VCFL should overide the vote of the MDFL clubs. As Fancy Pants asked, how would the HDFL clubs feel, if for example, the VCFL decided to include Ouyen into the League, after the clubs voted against it?

Heard a whisper today that darren weavell from great western is now the coach at rupanyup, are they going backwards or forwards?

Hang on there, Andyt30. The circumstances of Ararat Eagles and Great Western are quite different. After the winding up of the LPFL, Ararat Eagles no longer had a league to participate in. The best option for them was the MDFL, whose clubs voted against their inclusion, which is their right. In the end, the VCFL had to step in and find a home league for them. Best fit being MDFL. So Ararat Eagles won that appeal to the VCFL.

Great Western were already a part of a healthy, functioning league, being the HDFL. MDFL clubs again voted against the inclusion of Great Western (Their choice entirely). Great Western, although not being right up in the top five, were not doing too badly in the HDFL. In this circumtance I do not see why the VCFL should overide the vote of the MDFL clubs. As Fancy Pants asked, how would the HDFL clubs feel, if for example, the VCFL decided to include Ouyen into the League, after the clubs voted against it?

well They are too far from Central Highlands clubs to Travel that would been an ideal way to go if they been closer

Heard a whisper today that darren weavell from great western is now the coach at rupanyup, are they going backwards or forwards?

i dont know what weavell is like as a coach, but a cunning way for rup to try and recoup the players they lost as surely weavell will try to get as many of those players without a club across to rup..

Has anyone heard anything about N/Q. Have heard hay are picking up a 6 to 12 senior players is this true. If so they should improve on last year. And are laharum having a walk out of players. I just got back from nsw and living in horsham looking for a club to play with. Any thoughts?

Has anyone heard anything about N/Q. Have heard hay are picking up a 6 to 12 senior players is this true. If so they should improve on last year. And are laharum having a walk out of players. I just got back from nsw and living in horsham looking for a club to play with. Any thoughts?

Look like you're right about NQ given the spiel in the WMT, not that it's the most reputable source. They'll be right up there this year.

Plenty of good clubs to choose from. It's a top comp.

zane mitton to return to hdfl maybe its time for the big lad to step up from reserves footy and have a crack at the ones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back