Heathcote DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know any of them other than Colleen Rogers. Colleen is a first class lady and has been an amazing local football administrator and volunteer for decades
Leon Holt played footy at Wedderburn and Northern United, Chris Harrington played and coached Kangaroo Flat and Wedderburn, Brett Fitzpatrick a Castlemaine great, believe Hoare is based in Swan Hill, dont know Rolfe or Judy Bourke. If you google AFLCENTRALVIC you can find out more

Pete giving it to the AFLCV

I just listened to the interview and things are crook when you cannot get answers from the people who are in the commission to drive your league forward. The decision on not allowing an Under 15's comp in the league is a disgrace. If the AFLCV commission don't see the relevance of building junior pathways into senior footballers they probably all should move on.

Leon Holt played footy at Wedderburn and Northern United, Chris Harrington played and coached Kangaroo Flat and Wedderburn, Brett Fitzpatrick a Castlemaine great, believe Hoare is based in Swan Hill, dont know Rolfe or Judy Bourke. If you google AFLCENTRALVIC you can find out more
Rolfe is an Echuca person and lawyer who has long been involved with country footy. I believe he may have even been president of the old VCFL at one stage. Meant to be a pretty good operator.

It's because the afl want one pathway and don't care about community footy, it's driven from the top to dismantle community footy at senior level and just have elite pathways, the poor people on the commission can't do anything
Disagree strongly.
Not every kid coming through wanting to play football will be good enough to go through TAC talent identification from a young age. In fact I would suggest 95% of the local leagues would not have had kids in TAC squads at all. Small percentage and we cater to the majority. The minority will find their way to TAC or a private school if good enough.

If people go onto the commission to administer policy and direction for the future of football in an area, why would they offer their services at any stage if they cannot make a decision and everything is driven from AFL? No one would offer themselves on the basis they are going to used as a puppet, and at some stage you have to stand up and make responses to the claims being made.
If you stay silent and say nothing on all matters, as requested, disband and hand all governance back to the local league.
If as you have suggested they cant make a decision, best to resign as requested and let other people drive football, who are prepared to drive change and have the plums to make solid decisions to better the football landscape in the region.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The afl care about revenue and growing afl not Aussie rules. If community football goes, more people watch and go to afl games, which raises up the TV rights. All they care for is a system in place to identify the talent and push the talent through to them.

It goes against everything that makes
Our sport great, in the afl eyes, they'd be happy with auskick, junior football and elite pathways system, via aps schooling, and reserves grade vfl national comp. You only have to look at all their trips to America, to work out they want an nfl style system, creating a hdfl under 15s dilutes bendigo junior footy and the pathway they've set out, that's why there's push back, which is i agree detrimental to the community values of our game

Few blokes running around today that got done who hadn't seen many early games. Ever.
I’m not a white hills supporter at all but you’re off the mark here sorry mate. Not 1 of their reserve players today were regular senior players. They picked their best senior side possible, Ben taylor was the only one missing due to injury. Heathcote just too good.

I’m not a white hills supporter at all but you’re off the mark here sorry mate. Not 1 of their reserve players today were regular senior players. They picked their best senior side possible, Ben taylor was the only one missing due to injury. Heathcote just too good.

Agreed, Saints miles to good, the teamto beat. I meant Mounts, don't reckon Bennett has played a 2s game since last year's 2s GF among a bunch of other blokes

Agreed, Saints miles to good, the teamto beat. I meant Mounts, don't reckon Bennett has played a 2s game since last year's 2s GF among a bunch of other blokes

Bennett coming off an injury I’m pretty sure. The benefit of having both teams in is you can pick who you want in either grade

Bennett coming off an injury I’m pretty sure. The benefit of having both teams in is you can pick who you want in either grade
Looks like he played round 18 in the seniors. He and Wakefield played their first reserves games all season. The ones must be full strength for the first time all season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back