Autopsy Hecking Heck - Walyalup defeat Euro-Yroke by 12 Scoring Shots at Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

******* hell if we’re so far of then so is literally every other team except for Sydney. We did not struggle in the slightest. Saints were goalless for almost a full hour. They didn’t even look like scoring. We generated easy shots. Goal kicking hasn’t been an issue until the last couple weeks.

We’re literally one win (not even percentage) away from the top 4 but it’s hecking doomsday in here.

Yeah look I’ll admit to being one of those doomsday posters.. I’m just very passionate and literally a shaking nervous wreck all game every game… All I ask is a 100pt win against Collingwood next week 🤪 to be honest we could be 100 pts up with 5 mins to go and I’d still be a doomsday poster, I love this club but geeeee they have ruined a lot of my life lol

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I missed his goal. Did he celebrate over the top?

Yeah did this bullshit thing you see a lot with soccer players where they put there hands behind there ears etc like dude celebrate with all 10,000 saints supporters lol he’s an idiot and embarrassing!! Sonny literally didn’t even go see him after the game even Sonny thinks he’s a tool.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

giphy.gif
He's a veritable giant, plays so big!

Last edited:
Got through the game now, I actually think there were a few interesting things to take out of the game
  • I almost feel like the difference between good Jackson and eh Jackson is purely how clean he is. The games like tonight where he almost takes it apart he's so much cleaner. Still could have taken so more grabs but I wonder if we judge him harsher because of the athleticism.
  • Treacy is all of a sudden almost genuinely elite. Man is just full of confidence and clean grabbing everything while his field kicking is unbelievable. Starting to look like Tex Walker out there
  • First quarter was horrible but Johnson feels like he's really built into the season since getting a run in Fyfes spot. Noticeably working harder both ways
  • Maybe I'm reading too much into it but wasn't there a rumour on Buckley wanting to join JL. I feel like he was very pro Freo and JL in commentary
  • Walker has hit that 50 game mark and really making better decisions offensively. A lot of our highlights on rebound are from him. Very excited for qhere he's heading.
  • Voss might not be able to overcome his lack of athleticism but he can fix his kicking through some hard work. It's all over the place and basically completely random where ever he kicks it
  • Sonny is sadly unbelievably cooked but I'm not sure the replacements are much better

May as well have been a loss. We have absolutely stagnated. Nothing has changed. It seems nobody wants it to.

Had an opportunity to go back in the 8. Botched it.

8 year rebuild and for what? To still not have a forward line?
Oh Hell no! 9.18.72 to 8.7.55.

We won this fair and square. Had it been 15.12.102 to 8.7.55, it would of been more memorable.

Saying that.... I was More than happy to put $50, even $100 on the saints tonight on $1.80. I rather of lost $100 and Freo won than make $200 and freo lose.

27 scoring shots. Wish 20 went through.

Ill take the win though.
I agreed. We kicked 14.11.95 v the dogs and won. Kicked 15.13.103 vs the tigers at the MCG and won too.

Yeah 9.18.72 to saints 8.7.55 doesnt look great. We were the more attacking side tonight.

Saying that. Had we Kicked 13.9.87 or even 12.10.82, you could of relaxed and say thats good. But yeah I am happy just to take the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep
Im a big Drapes fan but time to freshen up his confidence back at Peel, see if he can learn to dominate in the Magoos and run Davies for a month until Cox is back. I think it will be invaluable for Davies to get a taste prior to putting in all the hard yards again over the off season. Dangle the carrot.

Tell me why Fyfe only takes two steps in his goal kicking routine then leans backwards? How has not anyone put him thru a proper 10-15 step routine if not like Ben Brown at least like Chris Mayne?

Its simply poor coaching to see that set routine.

Same with Nev. No need to change the whole thing but its obvious to blind freddy that hes lost too much momentum, running too close to the mark and he has a totally different arc when kicking from 45m or more. He runs out to the side and swings his leg across his body, to get more distance as a result of his poor momentum.

Whos our kicking coach?
Why is Pav not asked to go down there and sort this stuff out?

Its not rocket surgery

One more extra thing, I would not be against Draper having a break to give Davies a run. Think Draper could use a fee games at Peel to dominate and feel good about himself
He looks mentally exhausted. He's constantly thinking about where he needs to be because it isn't second nature to him yet.

Usually when we win I watch every footy show for the accolations - this week I'm too scared to watch in case they just focus on our poor goal kicking

As bad as the score board was, we managed to kick 18 points which was still 3 more scoring shots than they had in total.
We pretty much dominated the second half every where except the scoreboard.
O'Meara easily had the better of Hill even before his 2 last quarter goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back