Club Legend
Suspended
Feb 17, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melb Storm
Whilst reading todays herald-sun I come accross a smallish advert near the front of the paper advertising Super Coach. You can win $20,000 and also 6 Grand Final tickets.

Anyone else notice this advert ? No doubt the official entry form will appear in the heraldsun in the next week or 2. I am 1 who will be entering it for sure.

Anyone else giving it ago ?

• Banned
JUst seen today's (monday) herald-sun and it says it kicks off this week. Can't wait

i have already registered fo the comp.. it is set oput basically nearly exactlyt the same as the one that was on the afl.com website last year.......i am THE CARNAGE SQUAD

Yeah, been talking all day bout it on the AFL Dream Team thread.

Same database as afl.com.au dreamteam, with virtualsports, but the thing different is the salary cap/prices, and the statistics of rankings, as it is all done by Champion Data tactical stats, where there are more negetives, more extreme points etc. with Hardball gets, Clangers, Effective Kicks, Handball recieve etc.

Not sure I like it much, 738,000 for Hodge? Prices are very expensive. Other thing is who has 4 ruckman in a team? On the AFL one u cld pick rovers in the rucks as well, so u really have to go for a ruck who spends some time in the forwardline to get points.

A few negatives but I reckon its the points system because it adds more of a team orientated theme around with effective kicks and the marking points. This will introduce KPP, especially defenders since they take a lot of their marks from opposition kicks. Not sure about the ruckman situation. I had to settle with Fraser, Biglands, Blake and Mitchell Clarke!

Value for money, Dale Thomas at 90k approx and Chris Knights at 100k approx.

its way harder to pick a good team, what they've done with the rucks is ridiculous, if it wasn't for that it would be decent, a bit of a mix between '04 and '05 dream team.

Sandilands while absolutely dominate. if he gets say, 30 effective hitouts per game ;p he gets 90 points alone for that. He gets possies around the ground too. I think the key in this game is to not splash out on your centreline players. You can get Hodge, Cousins, Hayes and Ball's, but for the extra million dollars, is it really worth it, instead of getting, say, Simon Black, Cross, Licuria and Deledio? This way as well, you can probably fit both Cox and Everitt in the ruck ;p or at least I did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back