Universal Love Hey Eddie, surprise

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but I love how the players drove this whole thing and in doing so put more pressure on themselves to win, and then just went out and won.

This generation of Port Adelaide player gets the club more than any other. The idea of a Roger James or a Stuart Dew or a Josh Francou and their "its not the same club" bullshit simply wouldn't be tolerated anymore. To a large extent we have guys like George Fiacchi and Tim Ginever to thank for this. But the players have full buy in and also see themselves as club gatekeepers. It's so great.

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but I love how the players drove this whole thing and in doing so put more pressure on themselves to win, and then just went out and won.

This generation of Port Adelaide player gets the club more than any other. The idea of a Roger James or a Stuart Dew or a Josh Francou and their "its not the same club" bullshit simply wouldn't be tolerated anymore. To a large extent we have guys like George Fiacchi and Tim Ginever to thank for this. But the players have full buy in and also see themselves as club gatekeepers. It's so great.
Francou, Dew and James were terrible for this even during their playing days its the one reason I couldn't fully accept them as club champions, they made themselves outsiders by these comments in my opinion. I sometimes felt like primus although I dont recall him stating it had a similar opinion about the club.

Last edited:

The likes of James, Dew and Francou could always point to the existence of the PAMFC as a reason for choosing to ignore the truth and it allowed them to sleep at night because they could convince themselves that they weren't playing for the club they hated growing up. One Club removed any ambiguity.

Tommy Jonas' post game interview down in the rooms really shows this.

The likes of James, Dew and Francou could always point to the existence of the PAMFC as a reason for choosing to ignore the truth and it allowed them to sleep at night because they could convince themselves that they weren't playing for the club they hated growing up. One Club removed any ambiguity.
I give them a bit of slack as we had PAMFC people, including our now CEO spreading those half truths and lies.

I missed it. I recorded the game on Fox but it cut out with about a minute to go in the game. I really need to alter my recording settings.

That s**t drives me nuts.

Im pretty sure you can change the settings so it continues recording for however long after the designated match time you want.

Yeah you can. I just never remember to do so.

The SkyTV Box in the UK used to always record 20 minutes past the end time of programs. :handok:

Im pretty sure you can change the settings so it continues recording for however long after the designated match time you want.

When you hit record it should give you the +20 minute option. I’ve got a series link on all Port games and it does it automatically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young Georgie’s was good too and similar
If you don’t think Kochie has these lads on media training you’re kidding yourself. Wouldn’t surprise me if we have a weekly 45 min session on a Wednesday/Thursday about what this weeks message to our supporters would be

Anyone else getting random PM's from these Collingwood weirdo's?

View attachment 1125428

I'll go ask 2004 premiership heroes and Port Adelaide juniors Warren Tredrea, Byron Pickett, Gavin Wanganeen, Peter Burgoyne, Shaun Burgoyne, Michael Wilson and Darryl Wakelin on their thoughts of the Prison Bars. As well as Kane Cornes, and former Port Adelaide SANFL coach Chad Cornes.

oh and the 120 years (and 30+ flags) worth of players that wore the Prison Bars also. I'm pretty sure Timmy G and George Fiacchi feel let down by the AFL that we can't wear our jumper on the national stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back