High End gaming rig - Appreciate advice/opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Other than that your build looks good, maybe try for a Z series motherboard if possible, and perhaps even look at moving up to Micro ATX, then extra space inside the case may make your PC a little happier.

ok if i go up to a Z series future proofing wise i should probably get a version that supports SLI yes?
as for cases there's soo many options i have no clue, i just want something that keeps it cool, front USB ports (preferably more then two) and isn't ugly as me.

I can in fact get a full size tower if needed but really don't want some giant beast of box.

ok if i go up to a Z series future proofing wise i should probably get a version that supports SLI yes?
as for cases there's soo many options i have no clue, i just want something that keeps it cool, front USB ports (preferably more then two) and isn't ugly as me.

I can in fact get a full size tower if needed but really don't want some giant beast of box.

It's certainly an option if you want to go that far, you just have to choose where you (or your wallet) draws the line.

Corsair, Fractal Designs, Silverstone, and Bitfenix all do some nice "minimalistic" cases in various sizes.

Well....... the AMD/ATI launch was a bit of a bust, the Fury cards could be good (out of my price range) but they screwed the pooch for their midrange cards. Looks like I'll have to pick up a 970 GTX.

Tiger71 where is this beast at?

I put it in the show us your right thread. Copy pasting it below. Just got the W10 update for W10 pro, should I wait before installing it or is it safe to go ahead?

Finalized specs

Specs

CPU Intel Core I7 – 5930K 3.5Ghz
Mainboard ASRock Fatal1ty X99X-Killer
Case Corsair Obsidian 900d
PSU 1300w Antec HCP Platinum Cert PSU
HDD 1 Corsair 480gb Neutron GTX Sata 3 SSD
HDD 2 Corsair 480gb Neutron GTX Sata 3 SSD
HDD 3 Western Digital Caviar Black 3tb SATA III
Optical Asus BC-12D2HT Blu-ray / DVD Burner Combo Drive
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16GB Quad Channel 2666Mhz CL15
Software Windows 7 prof 64bit
Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster Zx
GFX Card 1 Asus Titan X 12gig card
Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H105 CPU Liquid Cooler With Radiator

141998_b6083a5e7dfafa2f162a878e8e30dd10.jpg

141996_0d0895e757ac17fed87f054c62acc9e5.jpg

Very nice mate :thumbsu:

Interesting you have your GPU in the middle PCIe x16 slot, not the top... Whatever, no performance difference, just looks odd.

...Speaking of high end.

It is now cheaper to build an X99 rig than a new i7 Skylake...
http://www.overclock3d.net/articles..._that_is_cheaper_it_s_i7_skylake_equivalent/1

There you go, ahead of the curve ;)

Reason I did that was heat management. No point having the titan pressing against the processor and amplifying heat, also allows me enough room to add my 2nd titan which ill do in December. Good article, shows my gut feel was right. A few of my tech mates told me to wait for the Skylake but i knew that the X99 build would out perform it.

Also I got this system, not to be a head of the curve FYI lol :p. I got it as a reward, I have always had high end systems but never my dream rig as being a dad with 4 young kids, my cash always goes to family first. Just now I am 43, I decided why not, spoil myself this one time and I have to say I am glad i did. The performance on this rig is silly :)

I put it in the show us your right thread. Copy pasting it below. Just got the W10 update for W10 pro, should I wait before installing it or is it safe to go ahead?

Finalized specs

Specs

CPU Intel Core I7 – 5930K 3.5Ghz
Mainboard ASRock Fatal1ty X99X-Killer
Case Corsair Obsidian 900d
PSU 1300w Antec HCP Platinum Cert PSU
HDD 1 Corsair 480gb Neutron GTX Sata 3 SSD
HDD 2 Corsair 480gb Neutron GTX Sata 3 SSD
HDD 3 Western Digital Caviar Black 3tb SATA III
Optical Asus BC-12D2HT Blu-ray / DVD Burner Combo Drive
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16GB Quad Channel 2666Mhz CL15
Software Windows 7 prof 64bit