Mega Thread Hird Appeal dismissed by Full bench of the Federal Court 30/1- Hird will not appeal. Details in OP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legal analysis from Leaping Larry (back page of The Sunday Age sports section):

James Hird decided not to further pursue legal action regarding ASADA, ending a sequence which seemed to play out about as unpredictably and closely contended as the landmark long-running case Coyote v Roadrunner.

Hird statement on Appeal status

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2015-02-27/btv-james-hird-media-conference-february-27-2015
  • Hird: "All the way along, we've fought this fight because we believed our players were innocent."
  • Hird: "The decision is not to take it to the high court."
  • Hird: "This is the best opportunity for our players to just play football and for me to coach."
  • Hird: "I want to thank all our supporters for all their overwhelming support."
  • Hird: "Ultimately we hope that our players are cleared."
  • Hird: "Our members and supporters can get on with supporting and our team can get on with winning games."
Whatever.

theres a lot more evidence of afl leaking confidential information than there is of an essendon player being injected with thymosin beta 4.

also if you were doing illegal/performance enhancing drugs you wouldnt put it on the waiver.... im sure pies players dont keep records of the illicit stuff they do, or have they all left the club now?
Can you remind me as my memory is a little fuzzy which organisation was it that was paying lawyers to keep a senior media writer up to date as to how the case was tracking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back